The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

DMass

Breaking Chains One Day At A Time...
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 11, 2021
Recently read the phrase

“Loose lips sink ships”

Thought it was quite a apt saying and one that I can certainly learn from.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Do we have an AI thread? I think I remember one about AI for writing.

This account is interesting to follow. Note that the avatar is produced by AI.

There's an AI entrepreneurship thread but the search function doesn't include "AI" when searching because the word is too short so it's hard to find it.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I'm reading his Daily Stoic book right now actually, has helped me emotionally a lot. I could care less for his opinions as a person but it is a great sorting of stoic quotes. Made me dig into older stoics books like Seneca myself.
How are you reading it? Just one per day or diving in?

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
How are you reading it? Just one per day or diving in?

Once per day with my girlfriend and also writing my thoughts on each passage. The writing is what is really probably improving my life, I don't talk out loud about my thoughts including Fastlane to others in my life that often. So writing is solidifying my thoughts and allowing me to see more perspective in it, following it more thoroughly.

I bought my book for like $10 on Ebay.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
I've deleted a few posts. This forum is for people who want to better themselves. Let's make it welcoming to both sexes.

I share your sentiment, but you deleting my post was completely unnecessary. There was nothing unwelcoming or derogatory about it.

It just pointed out the inherent truth that men - when looking at pixels wasn't an option - used to be more motivated to do great things in order to attract and keep a woman. It was posted in celebration of women rather than your perceived discrimination.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Someone is eventually going to make a 3D-shadow computer game based on this. Maybe show the pencil drawing and an outline hint of the shadow, and let the user move the 3D object and maybe the light-source, until the shadow matches the outline hint.

1664268721244.png 1664268755823.png 1664268889123.png 1664269071937.png

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I share your sentiment, but you deleting my post was completely unnecessary. There was nothing unwelcoming or derogatory about it.

It just pointed out the inherent truth that men - when looking at pixels wasn't an option - used to be more motivated to do great things in order to attract and keep a woman. It was posted in celebration of women rather than your perceived discrimination.
I thought it was a good point

“People used to achieve far greater things when dopamine wasn’t so easy to get”

May be a better way to word it

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I'm a few days away from the forum and apparently I miss all the drama!

I am on my way to see how well I can do on the "2 hour trail". Probably the last attempt of the year before the trails no longer dry up and a full speed run won't be possible.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
I thought it was a good point

“People used to achieve far greater things when dopamine wasn’t so easy to get”

May be a better way to word it

Even though this is also true, saying it this way takes women out of the equation. Should we really censor human nature?

Anyway, I'm 100% sure no woman was offended by what I posted. But men were - on behalf of women, lol.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Even though this is also true, saying it this way takes women out of the equation. Should we really censor human nature?

Anyway, I'm 100% sure no woman was offended by what I posted. But men were - on behalf of women, lol.

Typically I like how and what you post. You know that. And this post is like a walk in a minefield… it’s never right to proclaim you know 100% some group you don’t belong to has not been offended. It’s not your call. There is a better way of delivering same message.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
Typically I like how and what you post. You know that. And this post is like a walk in a minefield… it’s never right to proclaim you know 100% some group you don’t belong to has not been offended. It’s not your call. There is a better way of delivering same message.

I'm 100% pretty sure no woman was offended by my post. And if they were, I'm pretty sure they have the power and freedom to voice their feelings on the matter without men getting offended on THEIR behalf. This is ridiculous and a waste of time.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
“We all know that if you swing for the fences, you’re going to strike out a lot, but you’re also going to hit some home runs. The difference between baseball and business, however, is that baseball has a truncated outcome distribution. When you swing, no matter how well you connect with the ball, the most runs you can get is four. In business, every once in a while, when you step up to the plate, you can score 1,000 runs. This long-tailed distribution of returns is why it’s important to be bold. Big winners pay for so many experiments.”

- Brad Stone, Amazon Unbound: Jeff Bezos and the Invention of a Global Empire

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
“We all know that if you swing for the fences, you’re going to strike out a lot, but you’re also going to hit some home runs. The difference between baseball and business, however, is that baseball has a truncated outcome distribution. When you swing, no matter how well you connect with the ball, the most runs you can get is four. In business, every once in a while, when you step up to the plate, you can score 1,000 runs. This long-tailed distribution of returns is why it’s important to be bold. Big winners pay for so many experiments.”

Beautiful, in other words, you have a potential for asymmetric outcomes.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

In business, you own the baseball team(s).

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Do you guys know a thread about manufacturing costs? I couldn't find one.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I'm still surprised at the amount of people here that have a car as their profile pic.

It's completely different when it's someone using their own actual car that they bought once they became successful, but otherwise... I don't get it. On a few different levels.
A good idea! I ll have to... edith: smily is missing

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Anyone else think continental tires suck?

When I had my S550, if it rained at all, it was white knuckle scary which is absurd for such a car. It’s supposed to isolate you from everything that could pester you whatsoever. Those brand new continentals lasted 6k miles before they simply had to come off.

Wife’s GLS was a little better, but last week established what can only be described as a death wobble. Go faster than 40 and it was like it was trying to take the steering wheel out of my hands. I was about to just go trade it in, but thought I’d try just a little harder than that. I pulled the front wheels to look for broken suspension parts or something, everything was perfect. Until I noticed I couldn’t roll one of the tires even remotely straight. One would roll forever. The other would tip over within 5 feet. The damn thing was bowed. It drives better on the stupid half-a-tire spare than it did on a $400 continental tire with 10k miles on it.

I’ve been running Bridgestone Duelers on my Chevy for years. They wear like iron and stomp through rain like it’s dry. I think I get a legitimate 60k miles out of them.

Imagine my excitement when the new Ford that I ordered comes with shitbag continentals. I called them and said I wanted Bridgestone. The Ford dealer says this: “Mercedes uses them so they’re good.” Lol, I know they do, but they aren’t.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Anyone else think continental tires suck?

When I had my S550, if it rained at all, it was white knuckle scary which is absurd for such a car. It’s supposed to isolate you from everything that could pester you whatsoever. Those brand new continentals lasted 6k miles before they simply had to come off.

Wife’s GLS was a little better, but last week established what can only be described as a death wobble. Go faster than 40 and it was like it was trying to take the steering wheel out of my hands. I was about to just go trade it in, but thought I’d try just a little harder than that. I pulled the front wheels to look for broken suspension parts or something, everything was perfect. Until I noticed I couldn’t roll one of the tires even remotely straight. One would roll forever. The other would tip over within 5 feet. The damn thing was bowed. It drives better on the stupid half-a-tire spare than it did on a $400 continental tire with 10k miles on it.

I’ve been running Bridgestone Duelers on my Chevy for years. They wear like iron and stomp through rain like it’s dry. I think I get a legitimate 60k miles out of them.

Imagine my excitement when the new Ford that I ordered comes with shitbag continentals. I called them and said I wanted Bridgestone. The Ford dealer says this: “Mercedes uses them so they’re good.” Lol, I know they do, but they aren’t.
I don't even know what tires we have on our cars!

But I trust you, so sure - continental sucks for cars. :)

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I don't even know what tires we have on our cars!

But I trust you, so sure - continental sucks for cars. :)
You probably have them on your Range Rover. When you’re shopping for tires, they’ll try to tell you Continental is the tire to have. Get Bridgestone.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
You probably have them on your Range Rover. When you’re shopping for tires, they’ll try to tell you Continental is the tire to have. Get Bridgestone.

For what it's worth, the best tires for road cycling are continentals.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Even the IG gurus are singing the same tune nowadays lol

Her first point, about IG content hamster wheel due to the algo prioritizing Recency, is right on point though.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
For what it's worth, the best tires for road cycling are continentals.

I know the whole forum wants to know if my car has Continental tires or not…

Drumroll please…

No, RR comes with Pirelli’s and @Kak approved hahaha
E6F40AD5-BF7A-4BEB-86F7-C7ADBAC96D06.jpeg

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Oh man, you need to update the section about lining up to save $5 on gas

Here’s a tik tok series of people hiking 2 hours, staying overnight at the top of the mountain, to get a $15 rebate on their gas.

Sure it’s TikTok so it could be fake, but I’d say it’s real. One of them isnt even really on camera. Like they legit must have done it for the $15 not to be on camera.

Not to mention the people who hiked to the top then gave up and went back down, they obviously didn’t sign up for a fake overnight trip for a video.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Oh man, you need to update the section about lining up to save $5 on gas

Here’s a tik tok series of people hiking 2 hours, staying overnight at the top of the mountain, to get a $15 rebate on their gas.

Sure it’s TikTok so it could be fake, but I’d say it’s real. One of them isnt even really on camera. Like they legit must have done it for the $15 not to be on camera.

Not to mention the people who hiked to the top then gave up and went back down, they obviously didn’t sign up for a fake overnight trip for a video.

I'd do that! But only because I would do a hike up a mountain for free anyways, I might as well get a coupon for my efforts

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
Even the IG gurus are singing the same tune nowadays lol

Her first point, about IG content hamster wheel due to the algo prioritizing Recency, is right on point though.
I remember you mentioned a social that was growing as an alternative to IG, what was it sorry ?

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I remember you mentioned a social that was growing as an alternative to IG, what was it sorry ?

Vero.

Side note: Anyone using Windows 10, didn't have Spotify installed on your PC, then on your next reboot, Windows inform you that it got installed? LOL WTF Microsoft? I saw some people posting the same thing on Reddit.

UK_Mike

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 10, 2020
North West UK
Side note: Anyone using Windows 10, didn't have Spotify installed on your PC, then on your next reboot, Windows inform you that it got installed? LOL WTF Microsoft? I saw some people posting the same thing on Reddit.

I'm on Windows 10, had Spotify (free) installed, and it stopped working with one of those annoying "Oops, something went wrong, click to reload" messages that had no effect, but the web site worked so I just switched to that for the odd occasion I use it. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and it didn't make any difference.

Yesterday during Windows updates, I noticed a little window popped up telling me it was completing the Spotify installation, and the app works again now. I figured something in the previous installation hadn't been able to complete in the other two dozen times I'd restarted the system since I tried, but it sounds like it might have been something else going on.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017