The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

G

Guest-5ty5s4

This is the most disturbing/fascinating thing I've ever seen...

These videos are literally the whole channel, and it has almost 200k subscribers.
Every time I see something like this I think... "If that boy were a bit bigger, he'd do the same thing to us." LOL

Anyway, they're making serious $$$ with very minimal effort. Very cool.

But the value skew is access to the animals I suppose?

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
kgW_rFe6D2B7sBPWmEm8_YDB1EOTAnufCwaNKFfn3c6F6FacugJFW2aEl93hco2EsCkx7vEtpygm=s640-nd-v1

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Good excerpt on hard work. I think its from "How Rich People Think" but I haven't read the book so can't say for sure

hardwork.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Good excerpt on hard work. I think its from "How Rich People Think" but I haven't read the book so can't say for sure

View attachment 43844
YES. I want to read the rest. Life without limits - that's pretty damn exciting... even more exciting than a life of retirement, being drunk in the Caribbean. The ability to keep on making your ideas into reality in more businesses, more products...That's awesome.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I've always thought patience was a virtue. I still think it is, when you're starting from a sidewalker mentality. But I think going from slowlaner to fastlaner, getting from "good to great" requires you to give up patience for something of an "enlightened impatience."

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
View attachment 43852

And yet it was Trump who got banned for disinformation....
LOL I so dealt with this nonsense already.

My younger self discussing this article: US Growth Seen Outpacing China’s for First Time Since 1976
Just an FYI for everyone. The “growth rate” is talking about the GDP. GDP is measured in dollars.

Of course if you pump a ton of new money into circulation, and even produce the same amount, you’re going to “produce more” in terms of dollars, but not necessarily in real terms.

This entire headline can be rewritten to say “The US inflation rate is higher than China’s by enough to throw the growth figures and create a meaningless superiority.”

You can manufacture nominal growth rates with a stroke of a keyboard.

This is why I spent a while talking about Real vs Nominal on my show. There’s a lot of misleading economic data out there right now.

If your nominal growth rate is 6% (just for the sake of argument) and your inflation rate is 9%… You can tout your 6% growth rate all you want, but the real GDP is shrinking by 3%.

This is notwithstanding dishonest inflation rates that certainly higher than published. The true figures are, at this point, impossible to calculate and every media source that acts like they can is just propagandizing. There are too many improperly measured variables.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
They always roll in the "experts" to shut you up.

Beware of convenient "experts."

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
They always roll in the "experts" to shut you up.

Beware of convenient "experts."

Perhaps the most famous study of expert predictions was conducted by a Canadian, Philip Tetlock. At a conference 35 years ago, he listened intently as renowned authorities in their various fields of expertise delivered their reasoned predictions of what would happen going forward. He was struck by how many contradicted each other or were impervious to counter-arguments. His subsequent research involved a twenty-year study of 82,361 prophecies offered up by 284 highly educated and experienced experts about what would unfold in the future.

The result: These highly-credentialed oracles were horrific predictors of what would occur in their specialized domains. Their years of experience and expertise (including, for some, access to government classified information) made no difference in the accuracy of their prognostications. They were bad at short-term predicting and even worse at long-term forecasting. And, as these bona fide authorities amassed even more information supporting their views, they became more dogmatic about them. Like most of us, once a pundit jumps to a conclusion, she’ll either ignore or explain away conflicting evidence – a hard-wired tendency we all possess called confirmation bias.

from: Predicting vs. Forecasting the Future – smartleaders

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
4F30554A-64FF-40DF-95C3-197E2BF8B177.jpegAny fans of the old Defender? This one I just saw is crazy!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Yes. Make him an offer.

I want to restore one and swap an electric drivetrain.

That modified version is so long, it probably stretches all the way down to Texas! You make him an offer lol.

----

So... being totally serious here... I saw that Defender 130 just came out and I really want one. I would call it my minivan, just because it sits 8 ;)

My wife is not on board. :(

Lucky I am in no hurry to add more cars, we barely drove the ones we have over the past 2 years.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
That modified version is so long, it probably stretches all the way down to Texas! You make him an offer lol.

----

So... being totally serious here... I saw that Defender 130 just came out and I really want one. I would call it my minivan, just because it sits 8 ;)

My wife is not on board. :(

Lucky I am in no hurry to add more cars, we barely drove the ones we have over the past 2 years.
Do it. Trade the RR Sport.

No one who ever buys a Suburban ever goes back to a Tahoe.

The same can be said of the 130. Larger vehicles are just more luxurious.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Where is the place where "strong men create good times" in the next 5/10/20 years?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Where is the place where "strong men create good times" in the next 5/10/20 years?
First you have to let weak men do their thing. Ruin our lives etc. Then back to strong men!

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
This guy sums up how I feel pretty well. I can't stand the idea of making pronouns legally enforceable and enjoy laughing at those clowns getting destroyed by Jordan Peterson and Ben Shapiro as much as anyone actually could, but I've also had gay friends that aren't these kind of terrorists that just get on with their life.

The company I work for changed their logo to the Pride colours this month, and yeah, I get the hypocrisy argument, that's another thing altogether, but I'm genuinely shocked and surprised at the anti gay comments and negativity being thrown around, and this is from public profiles, not anon reddit users. The sentiment is a LOT worse than I thought.

Jeff Molina on backlash for wearing UFC’s Pride Month shorts: ‘I just thought people would be a little more open-minded’

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
First you have to let weak men do their thing. Ruin our lives etc. Then back to strong men!

Kyle said in his radio show that different places are at different moments of the cycle, so it got me thinking, where is happening what. Ej El Salvador adopting Bitcoin as legal tender is pretty bold strong man like action, and the latest record GDP growth and tourism numbers shows some real results.

So where else?

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
Kyle said in his radio show that different places are at different moments of the cycle, so it got me thinking, where is happening what. Ej El Salvador adopting Bitcoin as legal tender is pretty bold strong man like action, and the latest record GDP growth and tourism numbers shows some real results.

So where else?
They’re also cracking down hard on criminals, locking up a bunch of people. Their president is very outspoken. I enjoy reading his tweets.

EVMaso

Calm Seas
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada
Crazy "US legal system is f***ed" story of the week:

AZ man spent 17 days in jail for crime he didn’t commit.​

After Lowe had been in jail for eight days, he was taken to a local judge. He still received no information about why he was there, he said. The judge told him his only options were to waive extradition — in which New Mexico would deliver him to Texas authorities — or wait for Texas authorities to pick him up. Lowe, unsure what the legal implications were of either option, waived extradition based on the court’s suggestion that he do so.

He was sent back to the jail.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I have a feeling Venezuela is a “buy low” deal.

They are “hard times create strong men right now.”

It seems like every Venezuelan I meet can easily articulate market economics and why it’s so important. That is vastly more than can be said for American economic illiterates. That sentiment protects a few generations.

I think a lot of South and Central America has lived a more difficult existence relative to the rest of the world for the entirety of human history. I think it’s a sleeper continent ready to pull a bunch of Singapores. They also have higher GDP and better infrastructure than most African nations.

Singapore’s history is pretty recent BTW. They were in a hard times create strong men cycle not too long ago. They only became self ruled in 1959. The wealth of Singapore is an extremely new thing. Like anything, the people who saw promise early were rewarded.

Last edited:

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
One of the most infuriating qualities of mine I can admit:

Taking too long to realize the simplest of solutions that have been staring me in the face for the longest time.

Real example:
Someone asks me for a product.
I know someone who builds said products.

Yet it took me over a month to make that connection and introduce them to each other.

"Be willing to make others rich" - Grant Cardone

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
One of the most infuriating qualities of mine I can admit:

Taking too long to realize the simplest of solutions that have been staring me in the face for the longest time.

Real example:
Someone asks me for a product.
I know someone who builds said products.

Yet it took me over a month to make that connection and introduce them to each other.

"Be willing to make others rich" - Grant Cardone
Exactly.

“You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” (Zig Ziglar)

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Exactly.

“You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” (Zig Ziglar)

When I was first read this quote a number of years ago, I thought it sounded like hippie bullshit.

MJs books made me realise how true it is.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.