The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Last rant of the day. Went to the mall and Ikea to get some things today here in Portugal. No Covid restrictions. Yet almost 50 % of people were wearing masks. I love this country, but this mass psychosis scares me. I bet Justin Castro would love himself some Portuguese complient residents.

It doesn't surprise me at all. Portugal and Spain were crazy about the masks and it seems like the brainwashing combined with peer pressure was very effective.

In Poland I can sometimes go weeks without seeing anyone in a mask. C19 feels like a bad dream now, thankfully long forgotten. If I were to travel now, I wouldn't even consider any country that is still under mass psychosis.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Yes, it is an alarming problem - not so much because people are wearing them to feel safe - which is perfectly fine, but because many of these people also deeply feel that you should be wearing one too, and will go so far as to say so when you're enclosed and out-numbered.

My fear is If Monkey-Pox gets significant Media coverage we'll again see the social shaming tactics back in full force - irrespective of whatever the true facts will be.

That is exactly my issue. While I totally respect their right to wear the masks, I know that most of them would force me to wear a mask, force me to get vaxxed and even lock me up if they had the power to do so.

I can't really get a read on their monkeypox tactics. So far it is only men under the age of 40 that are 'infected'. I don't think it will get too much media coverage. I think they will go crazy with Covid again the fall though.

Only thing that worries me about monkeypox is that I recently got some back acne. Now people will start to scream and run away from me when I take off my shirt on the beach. At least I will have the beach to myself though.

TheKingOfMadrid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 14, 2020
I can't really get a read on their monkeypox tactics. So far it is only men under the age of 40 that are 'infected'. I don't think it will get too much media coverage. I think they will go crazy with Covid again the fall though.
Yeah I feel pretty bearsih about Winter across our continent full stop. Countries such as Germany have passed Mandates and depending how deep into the rabbit hole of 'lockstep' you want to go, you would expect other countries to follow suit.

The main thing with Monkey-Pox is if the media machine can scare people enough they can create a vaccine drive OR if the WHO declares it an emergency then containment measures such as lockdowns become enforceable.

What i'm more concerned about is that people are not at all ready for whatever rug-pull happens is going to happen in the economy. I'm trying to help family and friends be just a bit more resilient - but they believe it's all Russia's fault and their financial woes will go away if/when the war ends.

But hey - at least you'll be able to get rid of all of the Tourists at the beach ;)

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
I guess neither one of you would go hunting … ever. :) Vegan too @Chapas ?

I can't see myself go hunting. At least not for the 'fun' of it. If I had to do it to survive, then of course I would do it :)

At my previous job our managing director always told stories at lunch about his hunting trips. For him it seemed like something totally normal. Also had other friends who loved to go hunting. It's their choice. I know hunting is pretty regulated in Scandinavia and that the population of different species need to be controlled (shit, that sounds almost like Klaus Schwab haha). But I don't think I could kill an animal.

Not vegan. Been vegetarian for the whole of 2021. Don't exclude that I will eat meat again sometime. Still eat fish. Try to limit dairy. My wife eats meat. I think everyone should do whatever makes them feel good. Carnivores. Vegans. Pescetarians. Insect-eaters.

I must say I sometime miss my favorite pizza and burger when I am back home! But apart from that I find it pretty easy to live without meat in my day-to-day life :)

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
It doesn't surprise me at all. Portugal and Spain were crazy about the masks and it seems like the brainwashing combined with peer pressure was very effective.

In Poland I can sometimes go weeks without seeing anyone in a mask. C19 feels like a bad dream now, thankfully long forgotten. If I were to travel now, I wouldn't even consider any country that is still under mass psychosis.

Yeah, I remember your stories about Spain during Covid! I think Poland and other Eastern European countries will be the best places to if the 'pandemic' re-appears. Because I simply can't believe that people there will comply to this madness again.

I think one of the issues here in Portugal is that there are a lot of elderly people, and a lot of people live under the same roof. So I believe a lot of the young ones with a mask on is wearing them to not infect their grandparents at home (even though masks do not help, but media, you know).

It's still so surreal. Just wish the world could go back 2,5 years in time. Everything was so different back then.

TheKingOfMadrid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 14, 2020
I know hunting is pretty regulated in Scandinavia and that the population of different species need to be controlled (shit, that sounds almost like Klaus Schwab haha). But I don't think I could kill an animal.
This pandemic/world ending stuff has made me glad i've been vegetarian for so long. I'd have found it hard to justify that we/my loved ones should be treated specially given the way we treat animals in meat farms.

TheKingOfMadrid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 14, 2020
I don't know where you are in Poland but this is definitely not my experience in the country...perhaps it's a Capital thing.

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Yeah I feel pretty bearsih about Winter across our continent full stop. Countries such as Germany have passed Mandates and depending how deep into the rabbit hole of 'lockstep' you want to go, you would expect other countries to follow suit.

The main thing with Monkey-Pox is if the media machine can scare people enough they can create a vaccine drive OR if the WHO declares it an emergency then containment measures such as lockdowns become enforceable.

What i'm more concerned about is that people are not at all ready for whatever rug-pull happens is going to happen in the economy. I'm trying to help family and friends be just a bit more resilient - but they believe it's all Russia's fault and their financial woes will go away if/when the war ends.

But hey - at least you'll be able to get rid of all of the Tourists at the beach ;)
Agree. That German Minister of Health, Karl Lauterbach is one dude that freightens me a lot. He is really willing to go all the way. Scary stuff.

Only thing that kind of gives me a bit of hope is that even back when Covid was at its worst, still no country managed to implement mandatory vaxx. Even not Austria.

But yes. If the MSM scares the crap out of the public with Monkey-Pox, you might be right. Maybe I am just too naive and believe that people would not fall for that again. They probably will.

Yes! People live on the moon. I do not think they realize what is going on. Especially in Scandinavia. My friends and co-workers live in some kind of obscure reality. But that's understandable. We basically grew up in paradise. Everyone in Scandinavia has been spoiled for the last 30 years. I think they are in for a shock in 2-3-4 months time.

We have lived too good for too long. Now we need to suffer a bit :)

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I can't see myself go hunting. At least not for the 'fun' of it. If I had to do it to survive, then of course I would do it :)

At my previous job our managing director always told stories at lunch about his hunting trips. For him it seemed like something totally normal. Also had other friends who loved to go hunting. It's their choice. I know hunting is pretty regulated in Scandinavia and that the population of different species need to be controlled (shit, that sounds almost like Klaus Schwab haha). But I don't think I could kill an animal.

Not vegan. Been vegetarian for the whole of 2021. Don't exclude that I will eat meat again sometime. Still eat fish. Try to limit dairy. My wife eats meat. I think everyone should do whatever makes them feel good. Carnivores. Vegans. Pescetarians. Insect-eaters.

I must say I sometime miss my favorite pizza and burger when I am back home! But apart from that I find it pretty easy to live without meat in my day-to-day life :)
off topic (this is the thread for it, right?) but wanted to explain that some species of animals are actually being brought back because of hunting.

In Texas you have lots of private ranches where hunters go and pay big bucks to hunt specific species of animals. The ranches/reserves raise these animals, have feeders, the ideal conditions for them, etc... Basically, they're breeding them, but in a setting similar to being in the wild (on hundreds of acres of land, roaming free).

A couple of them are "harvested" a year by hunters, kind of like how predators would harvest them in the wild. It does sound odd, but from a conservation standpoint, the populations of these animals are higher because these places exist.

I know this is highly controversial to some people but I wanted to explain it here because I think it's kind of cool. Some of those species have regained in numbers significantly because of these private, for-profit hunting ranches (they were almost gone in their natural habitats elsewhere).

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
off topic (this is the thread for it, right?) but wanted to explain that some species of animals are actually being brought back because of hunting.

In Texas you have lots of private ranches where hunters go and pay big bucks to hunt specific species of animals. The ranches/reserves raise these animals, have feeders, the ideal conditions for them, etc... Basically, they're breeding them, but in a setting similar to being in the wild (on hundreds of acres of land, roaming free).

A couple of them are "harvested" a year by hunters, kind of like how predators would harvest them in the wild. It does sound odd, but from a conservation standpoint, the populations of these animals are higher because these places exist.

I know this is highly controversial to some people but I wanted to explain it here because I think it's kind of cool. Some of those species have regained in numbers significantly because of these private, for-profit hunting ranches (they were almost gone in their natural habitats elsewhere).
That's why I love this forum. I learn new cool things I wouldn't know about otherwise.

While I could never become a hunter and go to a ranch like that myself, I think from what you describe it sounds like they are trying to do that with the best intentions. I just also think that I never will be able to understand the kick some people get by killing some living creature. But everyone is different.

I think my director did something similar. Him and his group of friends releases like 80-100 young fasans out into a wild forest from time to time, and then they wait untill they become big and fat, and then they hunt them down. So the fasans are living a good life prior to their death.

Now I think about it, I feel like a hypocrite. We had a bloke in college that went hunting from time to time. We critized him a bit when he posted pictures. But at least he hunted animals that lived in the free. While we ate animals that had been trapped their whole life in cages. Long live hypocracy.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

That's why I love this forum. I learn new cool things I wouldn't know about otherwise.

While I could never become a hunter and go to a ranch like that myself, I think from what you describe it sounds like they are trying to do that with the best intentions. I just also think that I never will be able to understand the kick some people get by killing some living creature. But everyone is different.

I think my director did something similar. Him and his group of friends releases like 80-100 young fasans out into a wild forest from time to time, and then they wait untill they become big and fat, and then they hunt them down. So the fasans are living a good life prior to their death.

Now I think about it, I feel like a hypocrite. We had a bloke in college that went hunting from time to time. We critized him a bit when he posted pictures. But at least he hunted animals that lived in the free. While we ate animals that had been trapped their whole life in cages. Long live hypocracy.
I don't blame you at all for that. I just think most people don't know about the conservation or how that works.

The hunters involved in those ranches love those animals, know a lot about their biology, ecology, diets, the type of poop they have (!!) tracks they leave, all sorts of stuff. They want their populations to increase and flourish. They don't wipe them out, they hunt less than 1% of them per year and want their numbers to grow.

It's not what the media says.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018

There may be a life lesson in this post somewhere...

Consider being a turkey. They feed you, take care of you, life is easy, comfortable. Until Thanksgiving!

These ranches too, seems like food is there, lots of places to roam and live a "happy and comfortable life". Until hunters show up and just like that...

In our lives and businesses it's similar. If things are going well, you become complacent, imagining that what you have now will continue forever. You stop paying attention. Before you know it, you end up overwhelmed by the changes going on around you. You lose your spot or worse, you become the latest victim to modern problems.

Could it be that obesity, chronic disease, depression, feeling a lack of meaning - are the result of too much comfort? Maybe it's in our best interest to be closer to nature?

Back to the subject of hunting. I have no interest in an organized and comfortable hunting. Hunting that would interest me is the type where I push my own limits, learning to become closer to nature. And where killing an animal isn't even the primary goal (although may be necessary).

In the absence of hunting like that (due to lack of time and desire), I choose endurance sports. Will be training for an ultra soon enough...

P.S. I read somewhere that even in the wild, some hunting can be a good thing for species. I think you have a point, before I derailed it to a more "life lessons" category. I am not even sorry about it. :)

TheKingOfMadrid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 14, 2020
Could it be that obesity, chronic disease, depression, feeling a lack of meaning - are the result of too much comfort? Maybe it's in our best interest to be closer to nature?
I think this is an interesting fallacy because it gets said a lot and I can see why - it's an easy one to sell to people who've never truly rurally off-grid. My view is that most of the problems you mention are caused internally through manipulation of food, and without that some-form urbanization would perform perfectly fine (we are not mice like Universe 25)

Living closer to nature really has two styles - the modern type where you go for retreats or buy a homestead/van-life and effectively build in a level of comfort within nature.

The second type of living in nature is one that has always been a tough life that requires work, labor and constant grid to simply self-sustain - and contrary to modern think - the majority of the people that have lived this life would not score highly across global happiness and fulfillment markers - contrary to the meme that this life is our 'true' life.

In 2021 an interesting study was published - here

It studied the paradox of rural happiness across Europe and Denmark in particular and found:

"The study is based on individual-level data from 29 European countries that took part in the European Social Survey in 2012, and the countries are divided into two groups consisting of 24 developed countries and 5 developing countries with a GDP per capita above and below US$ 20,000. The results show that happiness is highest in the countryside and lowest in the big cities in the developed countries, whereas the exact opposite is the case for the developing countries."

The reason I surmise for this, is because rich people can move to the country side and always have the afforded knowledge of security in finance, health and still reap the benefits of both worlds - but interesting is that even with this comfort they still found happiness and purpose.

Poor people from countries with low development in technology and infrastructure that provide the comfort we have come to despise - but high access to nature score poorly on the happiness index because their lives also lack inherent meaning, and whilst they may not suffer from obesity - you do tend to find depression ranks highly - even in families that are comfortable.

Another interesting case-study is the videos of the Vlogger (forgot his name) that spent time with African hunter-gatherer tribes and explored complex subjects such as the meaning of life - whilst they would not fall under the index for depressive states, I would not personally suggest that modern western society should be in such a rush to get rid of it's comfort to return to such a model.

I would offer, that it is not so much comfort that has proliferated such ill's but rather the mentality of those in the west that have come to turn (with the help of external exploitation) on themselves in such dramatic fashion.

The problem lies deeper than comfort - it is not, for example, comfort that compels people towards escapism through substance abuse and homelessness.

It is manufactured from within and fueled by a system propped up to keep the majority as an economic source of energy for exploitation whose right to retirement, to home ownership, to any freedom at all has been stripped.

Would abandoning comfort and living the aesthetic life solve these problems? Not for so long as the fundamental seeds of suffering and the three poisons are present in the populous - in this way the person will destroy themselves living in nature or the city.

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018
My view is that most of the problems you mention are caused internally through manipulation of food, and without that some-form urbanization would perform perfectly fine (we are not mice like Universe 25)
I don’t understand this.

And no one is talking about giving up our luxuries forever and living in the woods “to be happier”.

I’m talking about stepping out of your comfort zone and seeing for yourself how you feel. Do it deliberately and don’t wait for things to just happen to you. Or you may not like what you see. Like a comfortable fast food diet in a very comfortable couch, comfortably watching 8 hours of Netflix and wondering “why don’t I feel happy? Maybe I’m depressed and it’s causing my weight gain”. Yeah, right.

Move your a$$ and see what happens. Challenge yourself at work or your business and see what happens. Resist the love of being comfortable. Learn to love growth.

I need no studies to tell me the above is true.

And guess what? That’s where nature comes in. Try being outdoors, close to the actual dirt, water, trees! If that gets easy and comfortable - then try something new, hard. Maybe it’s off the grid camping for a few days, maybe it’s hunting, maybe it’s endurance racing… movement will help with the obesity, and feeling good about yourself (I’m no shrink) seems like it would help with feeling down. Etc.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
I don’t understand this.

And no one is talking about giving up our luxuries forever and living in the woods “to be happier”.

I’m talking about stepping out of your comfort zone and seeing for yourself how you feel. Do it deliberately and don’t wait for things to just happen to you. Or you may not like what you see. Like a comfortable fast food diet in a very comfortable couch, comfortably watching 8 hours of Netflix and wondering “why don’t I feel happy? Maybe I’m depressed and it’s causing my weight gain”. Yeah, right.

Move your a$$ and see what happens. Challenge yourself at work or your business and see what happens. Resist the love of being comfortable. Learn to love growth.

I need no studies to tell me the above is true.

And guess what? That’s where nature comes in. Try being outdoors, close to the actual dirt, water, trees! If that gets easy and comfortable - then try something new, hard. Maybe it’s off the grid camping for a few days, maybe it’s hunting, maybe it’s endurance racing… movement will help with the obesity, and feeling good about yourself (I’m no shrink) seems like it would help with feeling down. Etc.

I know you mention not needing any research, but there is a body of knowledge showing that discomfort/stress is good for us both physically and mentally (hormesis). The corollary is that too much comfort is detrimental.

And more studies are coming out showing how being in nature is linked to cognitive benefits and better well-being at many different levels. That push away from nature is detrimental to us. I don't know if you have ever been in the wood, far from the city... it has a very calming effect.

The problem lies deeper than comfort - it is not, for example, comfort that compels people towards escapism through substance abuse and homelessness.

That is a far-fetched argument. For the most part, people confuse pleasure with happiness, and further aim to be happy rather than to be fulfilled, which is a double issue in my book. Because of their framework, they avoid the pain and discomfort necessary to achieve what they are truly looking for.

Homelessness and abuse are bigger conversations than just discomfort.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

Something else to consider is the amount of bugs and bees and other animals who are killed and poisoned and have their habitats destroyed so people can drink gmo soy milk and other pesticide ridden monoculture veges when you could feed someone for probably an entire year on 1 organically farmed happy cow.

People have no problem with eating foods that were farmed by destroying an animals natural habitat and spraying and killing millions of bugs and bees, but have an issue with eating a cricket or they won’t eat an egg that a perfectly happy chicken laid.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
One more think about hunting farms... Where do people think the funds for animal conservation and wardens comes from in a lot of areas?

Many countries don't have the funds to stop poaching. By allowing legal and controlled hunting they can take those funds and hire and control land better. If you just said "hunting bad, can't do it" the result would be only the poachers have a say, and they would have a free ride with nothing stopping them.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Something else to consider is the amount of bugs and bees and other animals who are killed and poisoned and have their habitats destroyed so people can drink gmo soy milk and other pesticide ridden monoculture veges when you could feed someone for probably an entire year on 1 organically farmed happy cow.

People have no problem with eating foods that were farmed by destroying an animals natural habitat and spraying and killing millions of bugs and bees, but have an issue with eating a cricket or they won’t eat an egg that a perfectly happy chicken laid.
Unpopular opinion, but I think some of that technology can be good - if it means speeding up the selective breeding from 1000 years to say, 10 years of research and gives us crops that are twice as big and produce more nutrients, I'm for it. What I don't like is when they patent it, it spreads naturally, and they start suing the farmers for having it growing on their fields when it's out of their control. It's weird. There's a whole lot of stuff going on there that's out of my league to talk about . Just saying that the progress of it can be good in some ways.
Like say, if you or I could grow a tree that produces wood faster than any other species, regrows faster than any other, and could use that for paper products instead of chopping down other trees?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
I don't know where you are in Poland but this is definitely not my experience in the country...perhaps it's a Capital thing.

I'm not in the capital though I was there this year. I've also been in a few other cities this year.

Actually in bigger cities more people still wear masks but that's still not even 1 person for hundreds who don't.

You can also ask @Fox and he'll confirm that it's the same in Sopot and Trójmiasto.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I'm not in the capital though I was there this year. I've also been in a few other cities this year.

Actually in bigger cities more people still wear masks but that's still not even 1 person for hundreds who don't.

You can also ask @Fox and he'll confirm that it's the same in Sopot and Trójmiasto.

Ya, I never see anyone wearing a mask anymore - it's been a long time.

Covid is done here, all the stores have taken down the massive plastic protective barriers as well.

This is actually one reason holding me back from moving to Spain or Portugal - I don't ever want to see another Covid mask/rule again.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Ya, I never see anyone wearing a mask anymore - it's been a long time.

Covid is done here, all the stores have taken down the massive plastic protective barriers as well.

This is actually one reason holding me back from moving to Spain or Portugal - I don't ever want to see another Covid mask/rule again.

Thankfully Poland in the summer is glorious. Maybe by the fall Spain and Portugal will chill out a little though I expect them to go a little crazy again (while I don't see anything similar happening in Poland as people would simply ignore it).

Bones81

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 29, 2019
Currently on day 3 of hotel quarantine in Hong Kong.

Upon arrival at the airport, you're immediately taken for Covid tests. They swab both nostrils as well as your cheeks. One is for a rapid test they do immediately, the other for a PCR. After the rapid test shows negative, they take you to a station where they check all your vaccination paperwork, the hotel where you'll be quarantining for a week, etc. They give you a quarantine order with the name of your hotel on it, when you can check out, and the potential penalties for breaking the rules. Then they give you a battery powered thermometer, 6 rapid test kits and forms to fill out. You take your temp twice a day and a rapid test each day and put the results on the forms.

After all that, you finally go through immigration where they check all this paperwork again. Then on to baggage to get your stuff, then customs. Finally, you arrive at the final check point where they look through all your paperwork again, then assign you to a line to wait for a shuttle bus to take you directly to your hotel. It took about 3 hours to go through all this.

Once at the hotel, they check all the paperwork again, explain all the penalties again, and then escort you directly to your room. Your room card can only unlock the door once, so if you leave the room, you're locked out. There is also a CCTV camera directly covering your door.

You can sign up for meal service from the hotel, or use delivery apps. Anytime you open the door, your windows are supposed to be closed and your mask has to be on. All trash must be in sealed bags and can only be placed outside your door at certain times of the day. On day 5 of quarantine, someone will show up to do another PCR test. Once you're finally allowed to leave hotel quarantine, you're required to go to a lab and do PCR tests on day 8 and 12.

On the bright side, only 4 more days to go!

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Upon arrival at the airport, you're immediately taken for Covid tests. They swab both nostrils as well as your cheeks. One is for a rapid test they do immediately, the other for a PCR. After the rapid test shows negative, they take you to a station where they check all your vaccination paperwork, the hotel where you'll be quarantining for a week, etc. They give you a quarantine order with the name of your hotel on it, when you can check out, and the potential penalties for breaking the rules. Then they give you a battery powered thermometer, 6 rapid test kits and forms to fill out. You take your temp twice a day and a rapid test each day and put the results on the forms.

After all that, you finally go through immigration where they check all this paperwork again. Then on to baggage to get your stuff, then customs. Finally, you arrive at the final check point where they look through all your paperwork again, then assign you to a line to wait for a shuttle bus to take you directly to your hotel. It took about 3 hours to go through all this.

Once at the hotel, they check all the paperwork again, explain all the penalties again, and then escort you directly to your room. Your room card can only unlock the door once, so if you leave the room, you're locked out. There is also a CCTV camera directly covering your door.

You can sign up for meal service from the hotel, or use delivery apps. Anytime you open the door, your windows are supposed to be closed and your mask has to be on. All trash must be in sealed bags and can only be placed outside your door at certain times of the day. On day 5 of quarantine, someone will show up to do another PCR test. Once you're finally allowed to leave hotel quarantine, you're required to go to a lab and do PCR tests on day 8 and 12.

Insanity. Why would anyone go there unless they absolutely had to?

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri

Part of me is surprised you can post here from Hong Kong.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

Bones81

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 29, 2019
Insanity. Why would anyone go there unless they absolutely had to?
Wife lives here for work. She just got a job offer in the States, so she'll be out of here in a few months. I'd never been before, so I figured I'd help her pack and see this place while I still can.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Thought this was cool, his entrepreneurial inspiration came from my book.

Ultimately, a burn out Jake Tran gave up on YouTube and taekwondo and enrolled in community college to study Computer Science. Coding and algorithms were so fascinating for him that he ended up considering a career as an artificial intelligence researcher. However, his vision suddenly cleared when he read “The Millionaire Fastlane ” by MJ DeMarco on a friend’s recommendation and discovered his true calling – being an entrepreneur.

Interesting too that he had multiple failures, even his first crack at YouTube.

Sounds like a dystopian movie. Nope, perfectly real. I've faced the fact that I may never travel ever again if this is the BS I will be facing. "Vax Papers" -- no thanks, I'll stay home.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Sounds like a dystopian movie. Nope, perfectly real. I've faced the fact that I may never travel ever again if this is the BS I will be facing. "Vax Papers" -- no thanks, I'll stay home.

Most of Europe is free of this bullshit. Summer and early fall (in southern Europe) is best for a visit.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.