- Joined
- May 1, 2011
- Messages
- 9,326
Rep Bank
$8,562
$8,562
User Power: 440%
One thing I really envy about people who live in the US is the freedom in nature.
I find it extremely sad that in most of the world you can't just go into nature and camp there. It feels like robbing people of a basic human need.
You can't camp at all or you have to camp at official designated and developed (no true wild experience) campsites that you often have to book in advance, pay for, and/or share with other people. You can't just walk into a forest, find a nice spot by the river, put up a tent there and just be away from it all for a couple of days.
I'm aware that not everywhere in the US you can do that, but the places where you can do that are still incredibly immense. There's no surprise why so many legendary survivalists hail from the US.
Today I was disappointed to learn that even in Australia’s remote areas, like Western Australia or the Northern Territory, you usually need a bush camping permit to wild camp legally. And this is in a place so remote where almost nobody lives.
Can you just do it illegally and hope for the best? You can, though enforcement in Australia is generally pretty serious.
I visited Nordic countries the past summer and it was extremely freeing to hike through areas where I could stop wherever I wanted and just camp because of the freedom to roam. I didn't (this wasn't a camping trip) but I'll likely go back this summer to take advantage of what should be a standard law everywhere in the world.
I find it extremely sad that in most of the world you can't just go into nature and camp there. It feels like robbing people of a basic human need.
You can't camp at all or you have to camp at official designated and developed (no true wild experience) campsites that you often have to book in advance, pay for, and/or share with other people. You can't just walk into a forest, find a nice spot by the river, put up a tent there and just be away from it all for a couple of days.
I'm aware that not everywhere in the US you can do that, but the places where you can do that are still incredibly immense. There's no surprise why so many legendary survivalists hail from the US.
Today I was disappointed to learn that even in Australia’s remote areas, like Western Australia or the Northern Territory, you usually need a bush camping permit to wild camp legally. And this is in a place so remote where almost nobody lives.
Can you just do it illegally and hope for the best? You can, though enforcement in Australia is generally pretty serious.
I visited Nordic countries the past summer and it was extremely freeing to hike through areas where I could stop wherever I wanted and just camp because of the freedom to roam. I didn't (this wasn't a camping trip) but I'll likely go back this summer to take advantage of what should be a standard law everywhere in the world.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

