The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • NOTICE! The forum software is currently being upgraded. During this time, the forum may have intermittent downtime, specific functions may not be available, and/or the user interface may look different.

CHAT Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

Threads with onging chat and conversation

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I laughed but only because it’s tragic funny, not funny funny.

so… @Kak and I just ordered our 13pro iPhones. Anyone else joining the party for the elite? This is where it is boys and girls, it’s about iPhones today.

Welcome to the elite group of elitist elite! You samsung guys with the folding crap can come too.

I have the gold 13 Pro Max on the way!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read Rat-Race Escape!
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 15, 2018
Vancouver, BC, Canada

woken

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
LOL pun definitely intended?
I swear it wasn’t lol, I just realized :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Yep, pro for my wife and I this morning, upgraded from the X.
Thinking of getting one for my gf. I have a 12 pro and works just fine. I wouldn’t get one for myself. I can test so many things with £1000.

I’m always inspired by their ads. The way they present something is truly amazing. Makes you want to buy it.

That’s how I want my ads to be.

Edit: Nobody seems to mention, but… £1500 for a phone f*ck’s sake. I get it and I don’t at the same time. It makes sense for people that really use it to full capacity. A 15y/o doesn’t use it that way.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
You laugh!

I had to use my VAXClNE passport twice this week. And it’s not even fully mandatory. Just a few places started asking for it or you can’t enter.
Oh man once those microbots get to your brain you are screwed brother! :rofl:

Antifragile

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 15, 2018
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Oh man once those microbots get to your brain you are screwed brother! :rofl:
I have a russian sputnik somewhere in there already, let's see which one is stronger! HULK!!! maxresdefault.jpeg

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
Anyone have an alternative to SONOS equipment? I refuse to upgrade my speakers to those crooks.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
MJ DeMarco" data-source="post: 964345" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Anyone have an alternative to SONOS equipment? I refuse to upgrade my speakers to those crooks.
I’m a Luddite in the audio space, almost everything I own is analog besides my Bluetooth speaker and headphones.

I’ve seen good things about Denon’s new stuff. I have a Denon system from the 90s, fully analog, it’s pristine and sounds beautiful.

Antifragile

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 15, 2018
Vancouver, BC, Canada

JAJT

Ha Ha! Business
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
MJ DeMarco" data-source="post: 964345" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">

I have two suggestions:

1. Anker Soundcore 2 - Small but really powerful, clean little speaker. Using it puts a smile on my face every time. It honestly feels like bringing a full sized speaker with me anywhere I go. I mostly use it for portable situations but obviously it would also be find on a shelf. Battery seems to last forever. I also have an Anker power bank and just couldn't be happier with this company's approach to products.

2. Edifier's line of products - I went down a rabbit hole a while back and came to the conclusion that these are probably the absolute "best" bluetooth speakers on the market for the money according to many audiophiles. Very much like they took a great bookshelf speaker and slapped bluetooth into them. I have to admit I haven't used them myself, only heard very great things about them. I was about to pull the trigger but ultimately decided on the Anker, above.

3. Bonus suggestion - for home audio in a dedicated setup. I'd get some very good traditional bookshelf speakers that will last you a lifetime (Paradigm, Totem, B&W, etc...) and slap a bluetooth-capable receiver in the setup (so, like, any of them these days). You'll get far better audio than the above two options, but it would be "in place" in your home.

Raoul Duke

#fJb
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 26, 2016
I like gold. Have you ever listened to my radio show? I’m literally sponsored by gold. :rofl:

Yeah. I have never liked the gold color on Apple devices.

Raoul Duke

#fJb
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 26, 2016

I like my homepod mini.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I have two suggestions:

1. Anker Soundcore 2 - Small but really powerful, clean little speaker. Using it puts a smile on my face every time. It honestly feels like bringing a full sized speaker with me anywhere I go. I mostly use it for portable situations but obviously it would also be find on a shelf. Battery seems to last forever. I also have an Anker power bank and just couldn't be happier with this company's approach to products.

2. Edifier's line of products - I went down a rabbit hole a while back and came to the conclusion that these are probably the absolute "best" bluetooth speakers on the market for the money according to many audiophiles. Very much like they took a great bookshelf speaker and slapped bluetooth into them. I have to admit I haven't used them myself, only heard very great things about them. I was about to pull the trigger but ultimately decided on the Anker, above.

3. Bonus suggestion - for home audio in a dedicated setup. I'd get some very good traditional bookshelf speakers that will last you a lifetime (Paradigm, Totem, B&W, etc...) and slap a bluetooth-capable receiver in the setup (so, like, any of them these days). You'll get far better audio than the above two options, but it would be "in place" in your home.
I can second the Anker soundcore speakers. I own two of them. I use one for golf and one in the garage when I’m working outside. The batteries basically never need charged. It’s freaky.

They are somehow compact and loud without losing clarity and tough as nails. One of them has fallen out of a golf cart at least 300 times. :rofl:862C3AB4-37E3-408B-B266-7F1E617EAAE0.gif

As far as home audio is concerned, I’m a fan of Yamaha and Sony, but that’s more traditional surround sound type setup vs the Sonos, put a speaker here and there, setup.

Last edited:

thechosen1

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 25, 2020
Antarctica

thechosen1

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 25, 2020
Antarctica
sometimes it is hard to tell if your idea is bad or if your execution is bad.

WillHurtDontCare

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2017
USA

WillHurtDontCare

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2017
USA

Rabby

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Got this letter tonight from my bank. New legislation is proposing that banks are required to report every transaction over $600 to the IRS. Pretty shocking.

Customer Alert on IRS Reporting Proposal

We are writing to make you aware of a recent proposal in Washington that would require banks to report personal and business account activity to the IRS. Under the proposal, [Bank name] would be required by the government to report your account information, including your deposit and withdrawal history to the IRS.

We care about you and your privacy and want you to know about this potential change proposed by Washington policymakers. If you want to learn more about this situation, visit banklocally.org/privacy. We encourage you to tell Congress if you have concerns by using the form letter provided by the ICBA at icba.quorum.us/campaign/IRSprivacy/.

Thank you for banking with [Bank Name]. As our valued customer, your best interest is our top priority.

Sincerely,

[Name]
President
[Bank name]
I got this too. Sent letters to my representatives. Posted on twitter. Writing to a free market think tank or two to make sure they know someone cares. Please consider doing the same.

Rabby

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Of course, like with every government, nothing is set in stone.

I was just complaining a little :rofl:
But it might be measured in stone...

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Primeperiwinkle

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Nov 30, 2018

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE  Freelance University: Solve Every Freelance Problem (Especially on Upwork)
FU. 4 DAYS. 50% OFF BLACK FRIDAY SALE! If you're an Upwork freelancer, you'd be a fool not to...
MARKETPLACE  NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (50% Off Deal Now On)
Just added in some more bonus courses so now up to 4... We have a full super detailed...
MARKETPLACE  You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
One year ago, I was just your average software developer who always consumed content about...
MARKETPLACE  For Sale: Food Brand with 4 Years of Happy Customers in a Fast-Growing Niche
So to get certified, it cost a fortune? How much exactly? That sucks that these "health...
MARKETPLACE  Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Fox's Web School helps you learn a specialized skill which you can use to get to Fastlane. It's...
MARKETPLACE  Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom