The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
452%
Mar 15, 2018

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
LOL pun definitely intended?
I swear it wasn’t lol, I just realized :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Yep, pro for my wife and I this morning, upgraded from the X.
Thinking of getting one for my gf. I have a 12 pro and works just fine. I wouldn’t get one for myself. I can test so many things with £1000.

I’m always inspired by their ads. The way they present something is truly amazing. Makes you want to buy it.

That’s how I want my ads to be.

Edit: Nobody seems to mention, but… £1500 for a phone F*ck’s sake. I get it and I don’t at the same time. It makes sense for people that really use it to full capacity. A 15y/o doesn’t use it that way.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
You laugh!

I had to use my VAXClNE passport twice this week. And it’s not even fully mandatory. Just a few places started asking for it or you can’t enter.
Oh man once those microbots get to your brain you are screwed brother! :rofl:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
452%
Mar 15, 2018
Oh man once those microbots get to your brain you are screwed brother! :rofl:
I have a russian sputnik somewhere in there already, let's see which one is stronger! HULK!!! maxresdefault.jpeg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Anyone have an alternative to SONOS equipment? I refuse to upgrade my speakers to those crooks.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Anyone have an alternative to SONOS equipment? I refuse to upgrade my speakers to those crooks.
I’m a Luddite in the audio space, almost everything I own is analog besides my Bluetooth speaker and headphones.

I’ve seen good things about Denon’s new stuff. I have a Denon system from the 90s, fully analog, it’s pristine and sounds beautiful.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
452%
Mar 15, 2018

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada

I have two suggestions:

1. Anker Soundcore 2 - Small but really powerful, clean little speaker. Using it puts a smile on my face every time. It honestly feels like bringing a full sized speaker with me anywhere I go. I mostly use it for portable situations but obviously it would also be find on a shelf. Battery seems to last forever. I also have an Anker power bank and just couldn't be happier with this company's approach to products.

2. Edifier's line of products - I went down a rabbit hole a while back and came to the conclusion that these are probably the absolute "best" bluetooth speakers on the market for the money according to many audiophiles. Very much like they took a great bookshelf speaker and slapped bluetooth into them. I have to admit I haven't used them myself, only heard very great things about them. I was about to pull the trigger but ultimately decided on the Anker, above.

3. Bonus suggestion - for home audio in a dedicated setup. I'd get some very good traditional bookshelf speakers that will last you a lifetime (Paradigm, Totem, B&W, etc...) and slap a bluetooth-capable receiver in the setup (so, like, any of them these days). You'll get far better audio than the above two options, but it would be "in place" in your home.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
I like gold. Have you ever listened to my radio show? I’m literally sponsored by gold. :rofl:

Yeah. I have never liked the gold color on Apple devices.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
5G?! I have to use 3G because the 4G net is unstable and barely works here. Living in the future must be nice:rofl:
thanks to capitalism you won't find 3G in india, 4G LTE works everywhere

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I have two suggestions:

1. Anker Soundcore 2 - Small but really powerful, clean little speaker. Using it puts a smile on my face every time. It honestly feels like bringing a full sized speaker with me anywhere I go. I mostly use it for portable situations but obviously it would also be find on a shelf. Battery seems to last forever. I also have an Anker power bank and just couldn't be happier with this company's approach to products.

2. Edifier's line of products - I went down a rabbit hole a while back and came to the conclusion that these are probably the absolute "best" bluetooth speakers on the market for the money according to many audiophiles. Very much like they took a great bookshelf speaker and slapped bluetooth into them. I have to admit I haven't used them myself, only heard very great things about them. I was about to pull the trigger but ultimately decided on the Anker, above.

3. Bonus suggestion - for home audio in a dedicated setup. I'd get some very good traditional bookshelf speakers that will last you a lifetime (Paradigm, Totem, B&W, etc...) and slap a bluetooth-capable receiver in the setup (so, like, any of them these days). You'll get far better audio than the above two options, but it would be "in place" in your home.
I can second the Anker soundcore speakers. I own two of them. I use one for golf and one in the garage when I’m working outside. The batteries basically never need charged. It’s freaky.

They are somehow compact and loud without losing clarity and tough as nails. One of them has fallen out of a golf cart at least 300 times. :rofl:862C3AB4-37E3-408B-B266-7F1E617EAAE0.gif

As far as home audio is concerned, I’m a fan of Yamaha and Sony, but that’s more traditional surround sound type setup vs the SONOS, put a speaker here and there, setup.

Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Got this letter tonight from my bank. New legislation is proposing that banks are required to report every transaction over $600 to the IRS. Pretty shocking.

Customer Alert on IRS Reporting Proposal

We are writing to make you aware of a recent proposal in Washington that would require banks to report personal and business account activity to the IRS. Under the proposal, [Bank name] would be required by the government to report your account information, including your deposit and withdrawal history to the IRS.

We care about you and your privacy and want you to know about this potential change proposed by Washington policymakers. If you want to learn more about this situation, visit banklocally.org/privacy. We encourage you to tell Congress if you have concerns by using the form letter provided by the ICBA at icba.quorum.us/campaign/IRSprivacy/.

Thank you for banking with [Bank Name]. As our valued customer, your best interest is our top priority.

Sincerely,

[Name]
President
[Bank name]
I got this too. Sent letters to my representatives. Posted on twitter. Writing to a free market think tank or two to make sure they know someone cares. Please consider doing the same.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Of course, like with every government, nothing is set in stone.

I was just complaining a little :rofl:
But it might be measured in stone...

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Last edited:

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
452%
Mar 15, 2018
Some parents here may relate … 6A33C22C-D238-4072-BEEF-098469DAE019.jpeg

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
sometimes it is hard to tell if your idea is bad or if your execution is bad.

It is usually the latter. Even some poor ideas can make killer $$ with some great execution and marketing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.