The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

R.I.P Zig Ziglar

Anything related to matters of the mind

DeuceRooster

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 17, 2011
For those that haven't already heard today. Zig Ziglar passed away today after a battle with pneumonia.

His material has single handedly made the biggest positive influence in my life. Audio books, printed materials.... All of it is gold.

R.I.P to a legend.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
RIP Zig. Prayers sent for you for your family. You have been a very motivational author and left behind an awesome legacy.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I remember first reading "See You at the Top" as a freshman in high school. It was my first exposure to Zig Ziglar and still to this day I consider that book one of the few books that had a profound effect on my life at such a young age. So thankful we've had the blessing of his motivation and teaching. I'm sorry to see him go but I'm sure he not only rests in peace but is in a much better place.

Alana

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Nov 16, 2012
In the middle of a national forest (in N. CA)
Some of my favorite Zig Ziglar quotes:

*People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.

*You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.

*Building a better you is the first step to building a better America.

*You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
This is a real blow to the world. Zig was absolutely amazing. His audiobooks kept me company for years and made a huge change in my life.

santa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 15, 2011
UK
See You at the Top

I think this was the book I randomly got from the library 4ish years ago (I didnt know who Zig was). At the time I was living with a nice but really negative girl and would try and empathise with her. There was a passage in the book that really changed my thinking on the situation for me and another housemate.

I also recall the anecdoate "priming the pump" that I really liked.

normal_priming.jpg

I google'd and found a video about it from ZZ;

[video=youtube;DdHAMjA1lMw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdHAMjA1lMw[/video]

With more experience in the last few years I now realise that; the balance of knowing when to continue with something and knowing when to quit/change approach is so important. But the anecdoate is great for the former "keep going" aspect and I found it really useful (it was good tohave a reminder of it now too!)

jessicamonroe

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 29, 2012
Some of my favorite Zig Ziglar quotes:

*People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.

*You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.

*Building a better you is the first step to building a better America.

*You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want.

Love these, plus "failure is a detour, not a dead-end street" especially. I have a bunch of his quotes bookmarked for "those days" that seem to creep up here and there lately. A List of Famous Zig Ziglar Quotes: Zig Ziglar's Best Quotes (42 Items) is my go-to spot for inspirational quotes from him, though certainly isn't complete, just a good selection of favorites. He will be missed but thankfully these quotes will live on.

D

DeletedUser2

I wonder which one of you guys will step up to fill his shoes,

Someone needs to become the next Zig. there is always a need.
Thanks Zig, you did great

Z

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!