The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quotodoro: How to be more productive and reach your goals. For entrepreneurs and freelancers.

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

Ed Schimmel

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 19, 2021
Brisbane, Australia
During the last few years, I have developed an application that will help entrepreneurs and freelancers to increase their productivity and reach their goals.

I want to introduce this to you because I think you would like it. The name of the application is: 'Quotodoro'.

Quotodoro makes it easier to plan your work and focus on the tasks ahead. It will stimulate you to complete more work in a shorter period. Quotodoro takes into account that people have different types of tasks, different ways of working and preferences when to do specific tasks. Everyone has long-term goals, but often it seems difficult to reach them. Quotodoro makes it easier for you, scheduling your tasks ahead and keeping you on the right track.

In a nutshell, Quotodoro has:
  • Configurable timing
  • Smart Breaks
  • Supports Energy Levels
  • Automatic rescheduling
  • Reoccurring tasks
  • Projects & goals
  • Reports

How it works
In the base, Quotodoro is a very smart week planning board. The application helps you change your working routine to make it more productive.

At the start of the week, you plan which tasks you want to do and when. Splitting longer tasks into shorter ones is recommended to get the best results. Doing this has at least three benefits:
  1. You overthink your task again. It gives you the possibility to take extra work into account. It also trains you to make better estimations for the future.
  2. It is easier to keep your focus on a short task.
  3. You can complete the task. Completing a task stimulates you to pick up the next task. When tasks are well-defined and short, it is motivating to complete many of them every day.

Although you have scheduled a set of tasks to complete each day, Quotodoro focuses on completing a fixed number of quotodori per day. By default, a quotodoro is a 25-minute block with an optional 5-minute break at the end. The Quotodoro software gives you the flexibility to change these times and to break after one or after more blocks.

Focusing upon completing quotodori instead of tasks has the following benefits:
  1. The timer starts counting as soon as you begin a task. Every 25 minutes, a quotodoro is collected. You get rewarded for working, not only for completing tasks.
  2. When you have collected your daily quota of quotodori, you are ready for the day.
You might think: ‘This is not much different from what I am doing right now. You have only renamed hours to quotodori.’ Partly that is true, but the Quotodoro software is not about hours or quotodori; it is about a mind shift on how to approach work.

The software is made to help with this and change your way of working. Quotodoro gives you the tools to stay more focused and thereby increase your productivity.

The long-run
Increasing your productivity will get you a long way, but you might need more to reach your long-term goals.
Planning out a long-term goal helps considerably for achieving it. The massive chunk of work becomes more and more manageable. And as long as you follow your set process, you will reach your goal step by step.

Quotodoro facilitates projects and goals. Adding your tasks to projects and goals gives you the possibility to get a long-term overview of your progress.

It also gives you an overview of the time spent on a project or goal. This can be useful when you create invoices for your clients.

And finally, using projects and goals will reduce your weekly planning time. All the reoccurring tasks of a goal or project can easily be added to the week planner board with one click.

Example copy.png
All these tasks were added with one click

If you want to read more about Quotodoro and how it can help you reach your goals, you can go to Amazon or download the PDF on the website.
- Amazon Kindle
- Download PDF

Use the promotion code FASTLANE for an extended trial period of 28 days. This will give you ample time to try all the functionalities of Quotodoro. When you decide to sign up, you will receive a 5% discount on the monthly subscription for the duration of your membership.

If you have any remarks or questions, please let me know. I hope to welcome you soon.

Ed

Screenshots
To give you an idea of the application, I have added two more screenshots.

Board with tasks and project.jpg
The week planner board shows the project on the far right. The project can be shown on a separate page. The rest of the columns are filled with the tasks for this week.

Add tasks.jpg

Adding tasks can be done for multiple days at once. When a task is
marked reoccurring, it is stored for future use.

Some interesting articles
These articles discuss the techniques that are supported by Quotodoro.

Pomodoro technique
The Pomodoro Technique — Why It Works & How To Do It

Articles about getting in the Flow
The Flow State: How to Enter Your Brain's Most Productive State
How To Reach Flow State (Using 10 Flow State ‘Triggers’)

Energy levels
When to work: How to optimize your daily schedule for energy, motivation, and focus

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Approved, looks very promising! Good luck!

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
Sounds pretty cool.

Need help though... I opened an account, but it just gives me a blank screen.

I tried hitting refresh, but it just made me log in again with my username and password, and when I did that, I got back to the same blank screen.

I am using Google Chrome on a Windows 7 laptop.

Attachments

• Quotodoro.png
    Quotodoro.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 2

Ed Schimmel

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 19, 2021
Brisbane, Australia
Sounds pretty cool.

Need help though... I opened an account, but it just gives me a blank screen.

I tried hitting refresh, but it just made me log in again with my username and password, and when I did that, I got back to the same blank screen.

I am using Google Chrome on a Windows 7 laptop.

Hi Bekit,

I think I have solved your problem. Can please try again? If you still experience problems, please contact me through support@quotodoro.com. I really want to help you, but I cannot use this thread as a bug reporting system. MJ has to approve all these messages first.

It is much easier if you contact me through the website. I can respond a lot faster then.

Cheers,
Ed

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
Hi Bekit,

I think I have solved your problem. Can please try again? If you still experience problems, please contact me through support@quotodoro.com. I really want to help you, but I cannot use this thread as a bug reporting system. MJ has to approve all these messages first.

It is much easier if you contact me through the website. I can respond a lot faster then.

Cheers,
Ed
Looks like I got in. Thanks for your help! I'm eager to try it out because Pomodoros have worked well for me in the past.

Also, I'm curious to know if this tool offers me any upgrades to the productivity methods I have developed for myself (described in this thread):

HOT! - MINDSET - How I hacked my dopamine to train and reward desired work behaviors and halt procrastination

If it goes well, I'll provide an update and review of how it went.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.