• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Get answers about starting a business from real entrepreneurs. Powered by Google.

EXECUTION Quit my job

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by Absy, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Absy

Absy New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $116
    So I quit my job. After my post a few months ago I unsuccessfully tried to work a long day, then come home to manage the family however there was no energy left in the tank at the end of it to dedicate to entrepreneurship. After several failed attempts I knew it was time to 'give up the good to be great' and so quit my job. I've got enough income to keep us going and can still take up freelance work infrequently to give me the time to dedicate to entrepreneurship.

I'm focusing on executing my big idea. I've got other ideas however that I'm enthusiastic about however I'm starting with an area that I feel has the most earning potential first.

Kid, cmor16 and Philip Marlowe like this.
  2. Philip Marlowe

Philip Marlowe Every Day On, No Days Off Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $934
    Good luck! Not that you asked, but I used to face a similar challenge. I worked all day, came home to the family, and was beat in the evening with no creative juice left.

So I flipped my entire day.

I started getting-up early - like 4:30. I walk the dog, get in a work-out, and then put in a solid 90 minutes of work before anyone is awake. I'm most rested and creative first thing - nothing else has sapped my energy.

I'm just as beat at the end of the day, but instead of worrying about my hustle I just call it a night and prepare for the next day.

Also, losing weight and eating better has made a HUGE energy difference. Maybe that's not your problem, but just a thought.

Again, best of luck!

-PM

3. jramos02

jramos02 Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $228
    Best of luck to you OP! A ballsy move but sometimes that's what we need.

Were you a morning person before that? I REALLY struggle with waking up early.

Absy likes this.
  4. 404profound

404profound Silver Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,671
    Thank you for this insight, one of the most helpful comments I've read in a while! I need to start operating this way.

NateKruse likes this.
  5. Philip Marlowe

Philip Marlowe Every Day On, No Days Off Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $934
    This is going to sound stupid, but I realized I wasn't a morning person because I was screwing-up my process the night before. I'd watch TV or sit on my phone until late. Now I go to bed early and so getting-up early isn't a challenge when I still get 6.5-7 hours of sleep.

NateKruse likes this.
  6. Chiller809

Chiller809 PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $1
    In my opinion it is the "WHY". Therefore for me it is hard to get up early for work. If I don't work for my own business. But if I work for my own business on the weekend I'm getting-up early easily.

Moreover I think the healthy lifestyle helps me a lot.

7. NateKruse

NateKruse Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,039
    Rep $ transferred. This is a great post! I just quoted it here. hate school after reading unscripted

The Miracle Morning is a quick read that led me to adopt a similar schedule resulting in a noticeable improvement in my productivity.

Philip Marlowe likes this.