The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Quit law to live unscripted

mk001

Contributor
May 9, 2018
Hi. I’m Mike. I recently quit the practice of law to live an unscripted life. I actually read Unscripted after I quit law, nodding my head in agreement to every passage. Nothing says living a scripted life than practicing law. It’s the epitome of scripted. Law school is where dreams go to die. I have money saved up, but I’m not exactly sure what I’m going to do yet. I have ideas of possibly using my legal background to create a business that utilizes my experience. In the old days of affiliate marketing, early 2000s, while practicing, I played around (didn’t take it seriously) and made around $600/mo for about 3 years. It opened my eyes to possibilities to online businesses, yet it was more event than process oriented (I think I just got lucky). For now, I’m going to lurk a bit to learn as much as I can, and take things a step at a time.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Welcome Mike, glad to have you! Question... did you escape law AND the student loans associated with the degree?

OP
OP
M

mk001

Contributor
May 9, 2018
Welcome Mike, glad to have you! Question... did you escape law AND the student loans associated with the degree?
Actually, no, I’m still paying off the student loan. The propaganda from law schools (and family) was that a legal career was a sure bet towards prosperity and security. All BS. This was before it could have been easily researched on the internet. It hasn’t stopped the avalanche of people enrolled today. It makes no sense that people would still go.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom