The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quick Hustle: How I made $2,000 on Teespring

PopEmersen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 2, 2011
Atlanta, GA, US
Put a shirt up today

http://teespring.com/wareffineaglegrunge

What type of shirts to you use?
Do you do FB ads? If so, how many spend per day?

Just as an FYI to you sports T shirt guys, this campaign didn't get funded and I was cool with that. Just an experiment. But, i received an email from teespring saying they got a cease and desist letter and thats the thing about sports T shirts and accessories, you have NO CONTROL. While nothing in my campaign referenced the university, it was familiar enough that it could be called on.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

KONIG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Oct 8, 2014
California
After reading this thread I made a quick t-shirt campaign about 1-2 weeks ago in a car related niche and so far I have 14 sales which teespring is telling me is a ~$70 profit. No money spent on advertising, I just posted in a few fb groups related to the shirt and also in 2 subreddits on reddit. Most of the sales came after I posted onto reddit. Once the reddit thread died down and my post moved off the front page of the subreddit, sales stopped.

There is still a few days left in the teespring campaign but I haven't had any more sales. Not sure what other ways to market it, but hey at least it made a few bucks.

Shdreams

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 16, 2014
Ontario
Dialing in your most passionate customers seems to be the key. When you create your Add look carefully for the keyword/tag section. Words or phrases relating to your most passionate customers are going to work the best. I had my Adds show on just under 25 thousand computers/smart phones. 53 people viewed the actual product. you have people buying already.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
I just started a new campaign, seeing how this goes. Only set it for a week, and am going to spend $100 on FB ads for the week. Tapping into two fairly passionate markets with a simple design.

Last edited:

KONIG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Oct 8, 2014
California
The campaign was successful, I got paid my 100'ish dollars, the shirts were printed and sent out to the buyers, but they did not un-suspend the campaign after that. I asked them the reason and they said it was just because my campaign title contained the word mazda.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
How do you market on Zazzle? Is it the same thing as Tee Spring (FB, twitter, reddit)
Or does Zazzle market it too for you? (on their website/visitors).

Zazzle is a marketplace and people searching for shirts will stumble upon your items just like they would any other product. I don't market or touch a darn thing on zazzle.

Journey2Million$

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jan 3, 2015
How do you market on Zazzle? Is it the same thing as Tee Spring (FB, twitter, reddit) Or does Zazzle market it too for you? (on their website/visitors).

Zazzle doesn't market for you. I think basically you have to use social marketing sites (facebook, pinterest, etc.) to sell shirts from Zazzle.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I tried this 6-7 months ago. But it wasn't one bit successful because I couldn't get the word out effectively. Hell I even made custom ad for this.

I posted ads on facebook groups but I didn't market enough and the groups where I did market it wasn't so much active.

These are the ones I made.
View attachment 15206 View attachment 15207

try hanging out around bodybuilding forums and pitching people / makign posts there

anurag

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
May 6, 2017
In
try hanging out around bodybuilding forums and pitching people / making posts there

Yeah this makes sense. Although the hard part is to find active facebook groups for the niche, I had joined various groups earlier too but they kind of were dead already.

I will try Gym insta pages who do commission basis. Will give them a commission for every sale via their page.

ValueArtist

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Nov 11, 2016
Yeah this makes sense. Although the hard part is to find active facebook groups for the niche, I had joined various groups earlier too but they kind of were dead already.

I will try Gym insta pages who do commission basis. Will give them a commission for every sale via their page.
How would you track where the sale is coming from?

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Well I hope @pledgerar won't be too mad,that I'm trying this process out.

I figure since they didn't object to the others they won't be too mad. I put one up targeted at Ubuntu OS users. I had to change the design slightly and spent way too long working on it and basically thinking too far ahead.

Rather than either outsourcing or getting on with it. Will be interesting to see the results. Not sure how best to spread the word.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
I wonder if this Teespring model still works, or has it been done to death?

Only one way to find out. If a few people try it now, we will get an idea if it still works, needs to be adapted to work or if it is no longer viable.

This was big during the 2014 era but seems to have died out in early 2016.

The dying out and loss of quick money crowd might have made it more viable. Who knows?

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
If you have $5 and one idea for a Tshirt, you are letting an opportunity pass you by. Will this get you out of the rat race? No. Will it give you some startup and rent-paying cash. ABSOLUTELY.

I got started by selling T-Shirts and hoodies online using a site called Teespring (if you havent heard of it you are under a virtual rock). We had a graphic designer create our T-Shirt designs on a site called Fiverr (again, if you arent using Fiverr, you are spinning your wheels!)

For $5, I was able to produce more than 12 profitable T-Shirt campaigns, earning about $2,000 in profit. You have no excuse. Again, here are the resources:

Fiverr - Use this graphic designer to create your T-Shirt designs. He uses photoshop, and will have your order ready in 24 hours. Just be specific about what you want. ( Click here to check him out)

Teespring - Launch a campaign here. Start out with a low number (LIKE 5-10) as your goal until you get a feel for it. Click here to launch your campaign.

Repeat step 1 and 2.

Need proof I actually did this? Here are Tshirts I targeted at African Americans

http://teespring.com/unitedstatesofafrica_archive_1
http://teespring.com/panafricanalliance_archive_1
http://teespring.com/NYAMEYEOHENE_archive_2

Now you have no excuse. Lets see how many of you actually do it.
Trying this out now. Will report back, may make my own progress thread. I'm going to design my own and see how that goes. I'm decent with Photoshop. How long did it take you to make 2k? Did you advertise them anywhere?

Last edited by a moderator:

Charnell

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Semper Fi, Brother! Bday is coming up soon. Planning on making a pilgrimage back to PI!
Hahah I just got out earlier this year. Gonna be a while before I see any red and yellow signs again.

For those who are interested in creating their own t-shirt company,
Tee spring + marketing = EASY validation.
What's teesprings policy on exclusivity? I've never had a desire to create a t-shirt company, just wondering how long before you can print your own design again.

Charnell

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
You cant scrape someone elses designs, and if it has been sold on Teespring before under another account, they wont let it fly. As long as you arent being scummy by copying someone elses designs, you should be fine
So you're only selling on Teespring? You're not taking your designs and doing anything else with them?

Thrive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Nov 2, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I have a quick question: I have an idea that for a T-Shirt that has possibilities, but I would have to make the words and the image personalized on each shirt... Does Teespring have the capabilities for that? Hopefully user inputed text and image.

Also, is it possible to upload your own font for shirts? :)

Andrus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Sep 22, 2014
Wisconsin
This sound like an interesting idea. I already run a humor page on Facebook and teespring could be an avenue to monetize it.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014

Deon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 19, 2011
Miami, FL
You don't have to get t-shirts, print custom designs on them, ship them, etc. Basically you make the design, promote it, get paid. Teespring simplifies it to a quick process for the creator while taking their share.

Ok thanks, that makes sense.
So creating your own website would be mostly better if you're creating a brand with your t-shirts.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
I'm also wondering the same thing... I believe you but the designs you linked to you only sold like 9 of...

Deon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 19, 2011
Miami, FL
I love your idea, and think its awesome that you shared it with everyone. I hate to be negative, but I'm just curious, you said you made $2000 but I clicked on your examples and it says you sold like 9 shirts.. What am I missing? I'm sure theres an explanation. I mean you wouldn't have offered proof if you were bullshittin.
Well, if you read the first post... the guy said he did 12 campaigns. Those 18 are form one campaign, and if the t-shirts cost $20 on average, that's $360 for that one campaign... That's how i understood it, I might be wrong.

Gitrokr

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 17, 2014
Same, after viewing the shirts I now get them as ads on this site, as well as others. Is this something Teespring does? What's the proper name for this?
Yes, that's advertising for going to teesprings website. They are called retargeting ads. Very good ROI.

Emanuel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jun 23, 2014
USA
- All of those shirts were successful. What are you even talking about? What you are seeing are THE REOPENED CAMPAIGNS! Since these worked so well, I reopened them to keep the ball rolling
- Affiliate link or not, try it for yourself and post your results here. Hell, do it without links. Doubt me all day, but dont doubt the validity of the info
- I didn't realize "9 were sold in the original campaign" means "9 were sold in the REOPENED CAMPAIGNS".
- I don't think affiliate links are allowed.

Besides, I apologized in advance for any sort of misinterpretation, so there's no need to be so aggressive.

D

DeletedUser394

- I didn't realize "9 were sold in the original campaign" means "9 were sold in the REOPENED CAMPAIGNS".

It doesn't. You were right the first time.

Also, one of them isn't even a reopened tee, it's the original campaign (that's in danger of not meeting the quota within the next 24 hrs). Maybe OP mixed his links, or he's trying to get some more sales. In any case, he wasn't claiming he's making huge money off of this so I don't see much wrong with what he's doing.

Teespring is a good resource otherwise. I've bought in the past, not enough money on the bone for me to start selling though.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.