The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Questions regarding Google Adsense and other alternatives to monetize your website / blog

Marketing, social media, advertising

StayOnTop

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jan 8, 2015
Central New Jersey
Hey guys,

How valuable is Google Adsense, and can anyone provide real proof that they are making money each month implementing it . I also have Amazon affiliates on my website, to no prevail yet as well.

I know a lot has to do with traffic and clicks and conversions. However, I get decent traffic 2-300 a day.. With 25 subscribers (just beginning my site)

But I'm looking for someone who has done it , monetized it and reaped the benefits of having s website with viewers and traffic.

Thank you ,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
Forget Adsense.

You'll make peanuts doing that.

You're a financial advisor ... right ...?

Sell YOU.

Run your own ads ... for YOU.

That's how you make money with a blog.

Selling high-margin products and services ... that YOU own and control.

StayOnTop

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jan 8, 2015
Central New Jersey
Thank your for the feedback, products I am going to implement ASAP. However, regarding running my own ads, how do I do this? Any advice

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3things

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 17, 2013
Canadia
Also if you think about the visitor numbers, it's not much surprise you're not making anything.

Say, 500 ad impressions a day. The average display ad maybe averages 0.05-0.1% CTR if you're lucky. So, that's one click on an amazon ad on your site, every 2-4 days. Taking this further, cold traffic from an ad, direct to an ecommerce product page...maybe will convert at say 1-2% if it were super relevant, product page was great, etc.

So...it takes you say, 200 days to send 100 visitors to Amazon...to maybe get one sale. Which you get 4% of on that kind of tiny volume.

[Obviously i'm not taking into account Amazon's 24 hour cookie, and various other things here, this is just a broad illustration to show you what you're up against].

For Amazon to be honest its simply a numbers game to get their cookie on as many people as you can [cookie is 24 hours for them]. If you're not doing so already, forget Amazon banner ads, and use your affiliate links in-content - '10 *whatevers* you should know about' type stuff where the products are linked to Amazon.

One 'trick' with adsense is to take note what ads are showing up regularly over a period of time, particularly direct response type stuff, and then maybe replicate the product and run your own ads on your own site, or replace with your own static affiliate ad for said product. You're still going to have the issues outlined above in relation to small traffic numbers though. As other suggested, if you have your own service [relevant to the traffic you're getting], where maybe a customer is worth x,xxx lifetime to you, then advertise your own service.

Edit: just saw your post above, OP - you can either hard-code your own 'ad' into your page in place of the adsense unit - literally a linked image - or if you want to go 'pro' you could use Google DFP [free adserver].

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
Thank your for the feedback, products I am going to implement ASAP. However, regarding running my own ads, how do I do this? Any advice

Real simple.

Step One: Purchase Snag-it (by Techsmith): $49.00.
Step Two: Create Ads in the Snag-it Editor (Easy)
Step Three: Upload the Ads Image to Wordpress ... Post it in a Widget ... and Link it to Your Main Site
Step Four: Repeat

Were you to look at my blogs ... damn near everything you would see in the margins is either an ad for my law office ... an ad for one of my other businesses ... a cross-promotion between (my other) blogs ... or some related call to action.

Real simple to do.

Plus ... because "your" ads are self-hosted ... Ad blocking software has no effect on them. :)

StayOnTop

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jan 8, 2015
Central New Jersey
Hey guys I know it's been a while, but as often said, the only problem with having a job is it prevents you from becoming rich.

However, I am going to create my own ads now, take a stab at it.if anyone wants to check out my website for updated progress StayOnTop-lifestyle.com

Adsense pays garbage. I've earned 8 dollars in 60 days lol

Timbonitus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Aug 28, 2014
Your website needs a lot of work, the theme is too messy, and it's not clear what you're offering to people. What is it all about? I think one of the best ways to monetize your website is to sell your own product or services, throw together an ebook or two, and see how it goes.

StayOnTop

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jan 8, 2015
Central New Jersey
Thank you for the feedback.. Can you specificy what is messy so I can improve. Also I do have my own content, 3 downloadable content products -is the navigation not clear? slow at loading?

thanks in advance ..

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Adsense pays garbage. I've earned 8 dollars in 60 days lol
Thats because you barely have any traffic. Try 10-100k++ visitors per day and then youll start earning with adsense.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
Adsense pays garbage. I've earned 8 dollars in 60 days
For simple ppc advertising, Adsense is one of the best performers especially if your users are finding you via search, they know what the user was looking for when they went to your site and offered either the highest paying offer or the most well optimized offer in your ad space.

As others have mentioned I can't figure out what you are trying to accomplish. When I get to your website, I have a bunch of click options, nothing is telling me what you do for me. Why would I subscribe? You talk about the author in the third person, not as if you are talking to the people that show up. Your ads are only on the bottom of articles which is about the worst position to get good click through rates. What is the deal with the clothing? And as @theag mentioned you need way north of 10k visitors a month to make a living off of ads. Better to create a product and a sales funnel, or provide great value and sell complimentary products, I would give you some examples, but I can't figure out what you do.

Marius S.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
May 19, 2015
Ireland
well, to begin with, my ISP aint anything great but cmon, web loading I found an issue, are you self-hosting it?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
As everyone says, you need savage visitor volumes to get decent revenue from Adsense. There's ways of driving more traffic, getting higher Adsense CTR, and learning who wants your traffic, but you'd need to be a full-time media buyer to do it without getting banned, or to make any money at it. Don't even go there.

Sell your service first. It's your skill, and your unfair advantage. If you're a financial advisor serving a specific geography then do local lead generation. Build very simple funnels that get people to call or email you. Get a consistent stream of clients, then grow your business with the additional revenue... either by hiring more people, selling the overflow of leads to your competitors (thus turning them into customers!), and/or THEN selling courses, products, and information to other financial advisors showing how they too can grow their consultancy if they follow your proven blueprint.

Podcasts you should listen to:
www.tropicalmba.com/consulting
www.tropicalmba.com/services

Oh, and read the posts in my signature...

Akira

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 29, 2015
I used to have several sites that runs on adsense ads only and was making some side-income stream (almost 1k/mth).

What i can share is that it is not the most consistent or stable kind of income stream.

Depending on how you set it up (many sites that adds up or one big site), you will find yourself constantly having to play the SEO game and creating content to stay relevant in the rankings.

2-300 visitors a day is not enough to make any kind of decent amount for adsense, even with good CTR.

It also depends on what kind of ads are shown (some pay much more than others).

early riser

Grind Harder
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2014
Both coasts. The west now.
Slow at loading and you have to scroll all the way down.
Part of one of your quotes got cut off too.

Based on what you have, I would have the navigation bar on top. (of which throw your social media links there too)
The rest be a simple landing page with the products right there.
Then the box below having your info and such.

There are examples on youtube that will walk you step through step on how to build a much cleaner and nicer site.

So just choose a highly rated video, whose general website theme you like.

Arrived2015

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 30, 2014
England
will take action immediately
Did you follow Esquire's four steps (post number 5) then? Don't see any of your own ads on your website. Did you make a few then changed mind and removed?

Also my feedback observations is that I'm unclear what your website is about or what to click on first.

D

Deleted20833

I've had multiple website with decent amount of traffic and definitely having YouTube videos with a lot of views beats a website with a lot of views as far as using Adsense goes

Attachments

• adsense.png
    adsense.png
    90 KB · Views: 14

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content