The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Questions About Selling A Business

collegeweb

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 30, 2012

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I own a home service company which I have decided it is time to sell.

I listed it on BizBuySell - The Internet's Largest Business for Sale & Franchise for Sale Marketplace and gotten a few inquiries.

It is customary to request proof of funds and non disclosure before discussing further?

It depends on the price range. When I was selling mine they just signed at NDA. Most needed loans so no proof of funds were shown. They didn't get to see financials until we had a signed LOI.

NanoDrake

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Feb 25, 2018
Malta
If I can share something with you it's John Warrillow, built to sell.
Especially in his podcast he asks to everyone if there was a "lowball" the acquirers used to buy the business.
What can I say after hearing ALL the episodes and taking notes is that UNLESS the buyer is strategic and has skin in the game, the more you LAWYER UP, meaning the more experienced and ON YOUR SIDE OF THE BENCH people you surround with in this, the better.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.