The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Questions about building a brand

rc08234

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 29, 2011
South Jersey
Hey guys, I’m looking into opening an ecommerce store with my own private label products and products of others. I eventually want to build a name brand and it be the go to place. I have a few questions on how to handle it though.

My goal is to have 2 or 3 different quality lines. High end, medium, and low end.

Do I open the ecommerce store, let’s call it Acme Products. Do I make a line Called Acme XXX and have it with low quality, medium, quality, and high quality products with "different models". Or do I have separate brand names so people think of quality when they think of it. Say Acme XXX High Quality products, only the best of the best, Beta XXX Medium quality a mix of savings and quality, and generic name low quality, cheap type no thrills products?

Also, should I name the store the same name as one of the product lines? I don't want to name is the same as my high quality line and people not go to it thinking it's to expensive. I want to be known for having my products as well as others.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Use a more generic name for the corporation or LLC that will hold the brands.

Separate all brands with their own branding and websites. I'd suggest focusing on developing, launching and building one brand at a time. If selling on amazon use your LLC name for your seller account then list your different brands within that one account.

M&A

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jan 13, 2015
Paris
I know fashion brands just separate by name. Such as Ralph Lauren's Black Label is the ultra premium line and the Purple/Denim are more mainstream clothing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.