The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Your idea about building a retirement home

Idea threads

Geostoria

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 4, 2022
Retirement home is a project that hosts retired people and takes care of them also in food, healthy, trips...
Generally it costs Between 25k$ and 50k$ yearly per person.
My business idea is to create a retirement home in Tunisia for European old people.
The country is very close to Europe and has a very Nice sunny climate. Sun for more than 300 days yearly, Nice landscapes including beaches, mountains, forêts, desert...
Cost of life is very low in Tunisia and thé euro is more than 3 times more expensive than local currency.
I think it is a great profitable project
Your opinions ???

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
No one here would be well versed in the Tunisian retirement home market to give you proper insight. But if there isn't one already in existence, that *may* be an indication that there isn't a strong need for it. I could be wrong on that, but I almost never go into a business where there already isn't competition that pre-validated the concept for me.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I m sure, there are Europeans, who want to live in Tunisia for retirement.
I wouldn’t. Alone the laws there ars not, what a pensioneer wants.
One example: The clothes expected for women are not, what I wanted for my retirement.
For Europeans Tu is is Africa, that where the refugees come from.

So imo you ll have to solve many problems for your clients. Those who have money, will goto Spain, Greece, Croatia, those, who have little money, will stay, where social security still works.

So you ll have to build a big resort with walls around, own security, own rules and so on. So you could get clients.

Tacko6

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Dec 21, 2022
UK
I have experience of the UK priopertyy market albeit not specifically in the retirement sector. One thing i would say, is life expectancy for the worlds population is increasing. Therefore, the need for assisted living (what we call it in the UK) is a booming market.
In the UK, there are retirement villages popping up in all locations. Effictley, those 55 years and over will sell their primary residence and by an assisted living apartment. They have a dedicated community and all the relevant services on site ?(chefs, cafes laundry etc).
It’s a growing market. One thing to be mindful when doing anything related with property is the requirement for substantial capital.

Hope this helps?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.