The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question about this Upwork review

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Conscripted

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Sep 16, 2019
Missouri
I just finished reading THIS article on upwork.

Does this article match your experiences? I'm currently working my way through the freelancing and copywriting courses by @lex DeVillex

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nick M.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jul 13, 2018
I just finished reading THIS article on upwork.

Does this article match your experiences? I'm currently working my way through the freelancing and copywriting courses by @lex DeVillex

Thanks for any insight you can provide.
Everything mentioned in that article is true.

With that said, succeeding on UpWork is completely possible. Just today, someone on the forum posted their story, which was very different than the article pointed out.

The truth is, 90% of the freelancers on UpWork play a losing game, so only around 10% get all the high-paying jobs. Perhaps that number is even more skewed. Most of them talk "me, me, me" and very few focus on solving their client's problems. Do the latter and you'll get more, higher-paying jobs even without much experience. That was my experience, at least.

Whether you choose to freelance on UpWork or not is up to you. Literally everything that Medium review says is true, but like my experience, it's skewed. The reality is probably in the middle. Even if you don't freelance on UpWork, much of what you learn in Lex's courses can be applied to other platforms/scenarios.

Kepler

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Mar 4, 2015
Scottsdale

With that said, succeeding on UpWork is completely possible. Just today, someone on the forum posted their story, which was very different than the article pointed out.

The truth is, 90% of the freelancers on UpWork play a losing game, so only around 10% get all the high-paying jobs. Perhaps that number is even more skewed. Most of them talk "me, me, me" and very few focus on solving their client's problems. Do the latter and you'll get more, higher-paying jobs even without much experience. That was my experience, at least.

Whether you choose to freelance on UpWork or not is up to you. Literally everything that Medium review says is true, but like my experience, it's skewed. The reality is probably in the middle. Even if you don't freelance on UpWork, much of what you learn in Lex's courses can be applied to other platforms/scenarios.
Another good hack is save up some money and pay yourself for a few projects to boost your reputation and hourly rate.

Conscripted

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Sep 16, 2019
Missouri
Thanks for the response.

when I read the article my first thought was that the author was focusing on himself and not the problem being presented. What type of success have you had freelancing on Upwork or elsewhere? I tried to look at your action thread but I'm not an INSIDERS.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.