The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question about not doing what you love for a living

Idea threads

WeenerDawg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jan 18, 2022
I identified various forms of providing my audience with value

First 1) by Making them feel better, because the first rule of value is need, which i one day read that a need the following: if feel the need to make music, then other people will feel the same need, Aswell as i identified various forms of Creating Value

I thought i could make people feel better, and raise a postive emotion by doing my Art

aswell as i am going to do a fitness related channel so i thoughtt i coud help them Solve Problems, make the look better, by selling some sort of course, a supplement Company, give them health advice

Aswell as Enhance Dreams and give hope because I could give motivation talks and mindset talks

But this is all stuff I love to do because I love to preach Mindset stuff I love to read and especially if it's related to the stuff I enjoy about Arts and fitness so I would teach what I learn and what I have done

Also I would be a fitness trainer but not literally like the example of the book but since I'm on YouTube i can impact alot of people and a magnitude with my merch

So this parts leaves me confused any suggestions?

And all of this is going to support me for my dreams of being exceptionally talented at music and art and being a highly competitive gymnast/athlete

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FitRay

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Apr 17, 2020
Berlin, Germany
Seems you have lots of interests and now you're asking yourself, which of them to choose. Did I got you right?

If that's the case, I can recommend the book "choose" by Ryan Levesque. It's an extremely detailed book, how to actually find the product and niche for you. Just follow the steps (it takes some time - if you're fully focused you can do it at one weekend - but then you do nothing else that weekend) and you know, what you can do and how to start.

Is that a helpful advice for you? :)

Lyev

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Aug 12, 2016
Spain
Hey! I fully identify with what you're writing.

Since I was young I've always been torn between pursuing concept art/painting, music, design, and even writing. I'm by no means there yet and I'm only starting to integrate everything now but here's my personal experience.

Just pick a direction (homage @Andy Black). Go all the way in. Along the road, you'll find many ways where you can start to add in all your passions and interests.

In fact, you'll probably know this calisthenics coach, Chris Heria. He also produces music and talks about mindset along with his training videos. I believe he's a crazy good example of the path you're talking about.

D

DeletedUser84644

First 1) by Making them feel better, because the first rule of value is need, which i one day read that a need the following: if feel the need to make music, then other people will feel the same need, Aswell as i identified various forms of Creating Value

I thought i could make people feel better, and raise a postive emotion by doing my Art

aswell as i am going to do a fitness related channel so i thoughtt i coud help them Solve Problems, make the look better, by selling some sort of course, a supplement Company, give them health advice

Aswell as Enhance Dreams and give hope because I could give motivation talks and mindset talks

But this is all stuff I love to do because I love to preach Mindset stuff I love to read and especially if it's related to the stuff I enjoy about Arts and fitness so I would teach what I learn and what I have done

Also I would be a fitness trainer but not literally like the example of the book but since I'm on YouTube i can impact alot of people and a magnitude with my merch

And all of this is going to support me for my dreams of being exceptionally talented at music and art and being a highly competitive gymnast/athlete
You're always in the right niche if it fits within your circle of competence (Warren Buffett reference) and it has proven market demand, but make sure that the market has enough demand for it to the point where it's enough to make you a life changing amount of money. And also, don't limit yourself to only doing things your passionate about, because passion or not, the market is the ultimate judge as to whether or not you will be ending up holding a pot of gold.

Please come see my thread if you have any other mental roadblocks that's keeping you from getting started: MINDSET - Are you dying in misery on how to figure out how to get started? Then please! Do save yourself from that soul crushing agony with this thread!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Maybe this chat might help:

WeenerDawg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jan 18, 2022
Seems you have lots of interests and now you're asking yourself, which of them to choose. Did I got you right?

If that's the case, I can recommend the book "choose" by Ryan Levesque. It's an extremely detailed book, how to actually find the product and niche for you. Just follow the steps (it takes some time - if you're fully focused you can do it at one weekend - but then you do nothing else that weekend) and you know, what you can do and how to start.

Yeah no, that isn't the problem right now i have chosen Gymnastics and music aswell as reading

WeenerDawg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jan 18, 2022

Yeah no, that isn't the problem right now i have chosen Gymnastics and misic
Hey! I fully identify with what you're writing.

Since I was young I've always been torn between pursuing concept art/painting, music, design, and even writing. I'm by no means there yet and I'm only starting to integrate everything now but here's my personal experience.

Just pick a direction (homage @Andy Black). Go all the way in. Along the road, you'll find many ways where you can start to add in all your passions and interests.

In fact, you'll probably know this calisthenics coach, Chris Heria. He also produces music and talks about mindset along with his training videos. I believe he's a crazy good example of the path you're talking about.
Thank you this was helpful, actually a few years ago i was inspired because of him, ;) staring doing calisthenics in some park and now i am waaaay stronger then what i used to be, i guess I just gotta keep uploading to my YouTube then :') I'll find the way

WeenerDawg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jan 18, 2022
You're always in the right niche if it fits within your circle of competence (Warren Buffett reference) and it has proven market demand, but make sure that the market has enough demand for it to the point where it's enough to make you a life changing amount of money. And also, don't limit yourself to only doing things your passionate about, because passion or not, the market is the ultimate judge as to whether or not you will be ending up holding a pot of gold.

Please come see my thread if you have any other mental roadblocks that's keeping you from getting started: MINDSET - Are you dying in misery on how to figure out how to get started? Then please! Do save yourself from that soul crushing agony with this thread!
Yeah Gymnastics and music dude of course there is a demand of that stuff plus the videos are going to be on YouTube so... Worldwide audience potential aswell as i want to get really good at both of those i just mentioned market is going to be judged and we'll see how I end up then

Bbenn30

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Jan 24, 2022

My journey started with youtube workout videos. I was able to learn some basic moves and lost 15 lbs in the first month. I think youtube has a lot of value to add to society. The don't do what you love thing is understandable. But, I would say I do what i'm competent in, if I don't think I'm competent yet then I reach out and find the info I need. I'd say pick one thing and do it completely.

WeenerDawg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jan 18, 2022
My journey started with youtube workout videos. I was able to learn some basic moves and lost 15 lbs in the first month. I think youtube has a lot of value to add to society. The don't do what you love thing is understandable. But, I would say I do what i'm competent in, if I don't think I'm competent yet then I reach out and find the info I need. I'd say pick one thing and do it completely.
Thank you although just picking one would be hard i want to atleast do Gymnastics and music on my YouTube and aswell as a little of blogging and mentality stuff we'll see how it goes

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.