The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quarantine Fitness - What's Your Routine?

advantagecp

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Feb 7, 2015
My fitness routine before quarantine was 3 BJJ classes per week. If you do that then you understand the near-despair of being deprived of it.

Now I am doing a mild kettlebell workout and walking.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Get elastic bands. You can mimic nearly any exercise you would in a gym!

I have 2 - one with 40 lb capacity and one with 140 lb capacity (or something like that).

What do you recommend with them?

James90

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jul 2, 2019
Hawaii
I use a 40LB KB for my "man maker" KB complex. If you search on youtube, you'll find a huge variety of complexes.

Man Maker complex #1

Consists of 10 reps each arm, with minimum rest

• KB squat to overhead press
  • KB clean and press
  • KB Overhead squat
  • KB Windmill
  • KB Snatches
  • KB swings

Man Maker complex #2

Consists of a pyramid set each arm, with 10 doublehand swings when alternating arms.
Starting with 5 reps per set, then decreasing until you get to 1.

Ex.

5-4-3-2-1

Left Arm
5 snatches
5 overhead squats
5 windmills
5 snatches
5 overhead press

10 double arm Swings

Alternate to right Arm, etc...

Then finish off with Man Maker #1 complex. Total 3 circuits.

I'll do this every other day. With calisthenics in between. You'll literally turn into a cyborg in 30 days.

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
I've been doing a bodyweight fitness routine. Just reddit's recommended routine. It's quite thorough and complete.

Strength work (40-60 minutes)
First Pair
Second Pair
Third Pair
Core Triplet

I was hoping there'd be another serious bodyweight fitnesser here!

There is! I've been calisthenics based for ~4 years now after I had surgery on a torn ACL and was forced to do just bodyweight training for 6 months.

I've used the RRR on & off for those 4 years. It's a fantastic, simple baseline program for the fundamental movement patterns. I'm also fairly active on that subreddit.

As for me: I just had my roommate build me this bad boy (he's a welder):

unnamed.jpg

The bar height is fully adjustable. I've been doing tons of ring work recently, basically following an upper/lower split with 3x upper/week and 2x lower/week.

On my upper days I've been playing around with variations of this routine:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3tkR2DZwLE

On lower days I usually go for sprints and mountain biking (uphill, mostly) because I absolutely hate high-rep leg training. It's f*cking terrible.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 0

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
bodyweight doesn’t necessarily mean low intensity, high volume.

Look into these for high intensity that will more closely match powerlifting intensity:

1. Free standing Handstand push-up progression
2. Planche progression
3. Front lever progression
4. L-sit progressions
5. Muscle up progression

mixing these is also very high intensity, like a handstand push-up to Planche without touching the floor, or L-sit to handstand

Planches will kick your a$$ for so long.... trust me...

jjohns500

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Mar 7, 2020
California

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Started going from bodyweight split plan to weight lifting at home.
The additional weights I need now are not available ... so I can't make the transition from mostly volume towards intensity yet.

On Monday, Wednesday and Friday ... I alternate A-B-A and B-A-B weeks.
A workout: bench press, barbell rows, squats
B workout: pull-ups, military press, deadlifts

3 sets each. Goal would be going to 5 repetitions. No idea how to do deadlifts properly, but with the weights I currently own I am not worried about doing any damage through wrong execution. Probably I just completely waste time and energy there.

On Tuesday and Thursday I do Kettlebell Swings 3 x 25 with 16kg (35lbs).

Trying to go from "stick figure" to "just skinny".

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I do push-ups, fight the heavy bag, and go on a walk/run with my wife.

Venn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 22, 2019
Rome
I want to work out every day but how to do that?
Make a plan where your different muscle district can rest from 48 to 72h after training. Then ofc it depends if you have weights or you do only bodyweight. An example would be:

* Push
* Pull
* Legs
* Push
* Pull
* Legs

Then since You would like to train each day you would have to adjust your volume and intensity alot. It depends of course how advanced are you but I would reccomend not more than 20 series in the scale of a week for big muscles. Then listen to your body and adjust along the way. Anyways I would not recommend to train everyday since you need some rest in order to make gains.

My personal training plan at the moment is based fully on the calisthenics/bodyweight. I do
Monday: progressive calisthenics
Tuesday: explosive calisthenics
Wednesday: box training
Thursday: progressive calisthenics
Friday: explosive calisthenics
Saturday: box training
Sunday: Rest day.

Beside that I am making at least 10 000 steps a day.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I used to work out in the garden before this all started, so things haven't changed for me.

I follow a LeanGains program with pine 2x4 for a barbell. Can't get super heavy weight on it but it's better than nothing.

Beerbread

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 2, 2019
New Jersey
I've been using the 30 Day Fitness Challenge app since the quarantine began 4 times a week as well as a pilates routine for 4 times a week. I'm using upper and glute resistance bands along with yoga blocks, a stretch strap, a jump rope, a stationary bike from the mid 70s that belonged to my grandfather, and a set of 5lbs when things get easy. It's better than nothing! Before the quarantine, I was at the gym 6 days a week and gained 8lbs of muscle and lost 33lbs since the end of October!

Otherwise, I miss the social aspect of going to the gym. I had my friends there and we would motivate each other all the time. Otherwise, I've been my biggest cheerleader!

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Running hills! Good stuff

Mhinto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Jul 23, 2019
Kentucky
I’ve been worried about losing strength due to not having heavy weights to lift so I’ve incorporated some body weight isometrics into my routine. Focusing on the mind muscle connection, correcting form and taxing the central nervous system.

Bobby_italy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jan 19, 2016
I had big plans but actually procrastined a lot during quarantine, will work my way up with bodyweight exercises as I like breaking PRs, like I don't understand lifting just for the sake of it because I need goals, my personal record was 3 pull ups with 40 kg attached at my peak of 104 kg but two years later completely untrained at 96 kg I struggle doing 3 with bodyweight.

My plan/routine: Grease the groove method for push ups and pull ups/chin ups(easier) and initial goals are as follows:
-50 push ups, 100 pull ups
Starting from 10/15 and 2/3, I guess it will take 3 months if I stay at this bodyweight but my goal is to lose weight.

The method for pushups is to do them like 10 sets at 50%/70% of my max spread out during the day, Pull Ups/Chin Ups like 2/3 times in a day for 2/3 sets at a time, I can do so little of them it takes 5 minutes, with the primary goal being never going to failure so I can stay relatively fresh.
I once asked the strongest guy at my gym how to get stronger at benching and he told me "just bench more often" well it kind of worked as I got 2 plates x 9 reps max and I'd do light benching every workout beginning and end no matter what I was training.

If I manage to get down to 80 kg which should be pretty damn lean considering my "structure", I'll probably be able to do much more of both even tho I have an enormous disadvantage in having very long arms, I'm 6'3''/190 cm and my wingspan is 6'9''/205 cm(came in handy while I was playing BBall).

This is the first time I'll try bodyweight stuff ONLY so if anyone is interested I can make an off topic thread and write down as I learn/progress, I tryed learning how to handstand years ago and it's a really weird feeling, managed to learn but never managed to start walking on my hands unless for a few steps.

RealDreams

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jun 22, 2018
PPL 5-6 days a week.
Best for aesthetics from my experience.
If you have time and a home gym, it's the best program you can do imo.

Otherwise nSuns 4days/week worked great for me before corona.

Bobby_italy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jan 19, 2016
PPL 5-6 days a week.
Best for aesthetics from my experience.
If you have time and a home gym, it's the best program you can do imo.

Otherwise nSuns 4days/week worked great for me before corona.
I had phases where I thought PPL was the best(I didn't train legs tho so more like PP only ahha) but towards the end of my lifting journey where I made my best progress for putting on mass was bro split 4 days each day a bodypart and not train legs, so Chest-Back-Arms-Shoulders, never trained abs yet when I was lean they were massive like 3D not flat, abs and legs for me are 100% genetics but I know people for whom you could say the same for arms.
Training was like 16-20 sets and i was always trying to beat my previous PR on the hardest set of the exercise, also however little your MMC is when doing one bodypart a day you'll for sure get an amazing pump unless you have hormonal/glycogen problems like when you've been cutting weight for months.
I don't think getting a pump is what makes you get big for the anectode that many powerlifters are really big yet they never train specifically to get a pump.

RealDreams

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jun 22, 2018
I had phases where I thought PPL was the best(I didn't train legs tho so more like PP only ahha) but towards the end of my lifting journey where I made my best progress for putting on mass was bro split 4 days each day a bodypart and not train legs, so Chest-Back-Arms-Shoulders, never trained abs yet when I was lean they were massive like 3D not flat, abs and legs for me are 100% genetics but I know people for whom you could say the same for arms.
Training was like 16-20 sets and i was always trying to beat my previous PR on the hardest set of the exercise, also however little your MMC is when doing one bodypart a day you'll for sure get an amazing pump unless you have hormonal/glycogen problems like when you've been cutting weight for months.
I don't think getting a pump is what makes you get big for the anectode that many powerlifters are really big yet they never train specifically to get a pump.
Getting big is more a matter of being in a caloric surplus.
There's not much evidence about the differences in hypertrophic training vs strength training for mass gain. At least, if you don't take enhancers.

For cutting, high volume works best. PPL is a high volume workout and if you want to lose weight, that's the best routine you could be doing.

Bobby_italy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jan 19, 2016
Getting big is more a matter of being in a caloric surplus.
There's not much evidence about the differences in hypertrophic training vs strength training for mass gain. At least, if you don't take SARMs.
I was eating a lot too and like 300/400 g of protein 5/6k kcals, put on a lot of weight in only 6 months, most of it was fat tbh.

RealDreams

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jun 22, 2018
I was eating a lot too and like 300/400 g of protein 5/6k kcals, put on a lot of weight in only 6 months, most of it was fat tbh.
I regret dirty bulking in the past :rofl:
Thought I was getting bigger, but in reality, I was just getting fatter lol

Bobby_italy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jan 19, 2016
I regret dirty bulking in the past :rofl:
Thought I was getting bigger, but in reality, I was just getting fatter lol
I would 120% not recommend, I got "growth" stretch marks on the sides of my stomach and armpits... and still haven't removed the fat I gained in that one bulk, it's nearly depressing adding 25 kg of which mayb 7/8 kg is real muscle

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Kinobody launched their new program for body weight exercise.
Got to admire the dude who ran a successful business in a brutally competitive space, and change his business direction quickly to adapt current trend.

ElPatrico

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Nov 1, 2017
Poland
This quarantine may be horrible for some people, but for me, it was the opportunity to finally get stronger.

I was constantly going around, being weak, being a victim of my injuries, but for over 2 months now, I've been working out regularly, feeling stronger than ever.

I train, 2 days break, train, 2 days break... so it's about 3 days/week

I start up with a good warm-up, especially for those shoulders and elbows, about 20 minutes. After that, I'm doing an easier version of an exercise that I will be doing (for example, Australian pull-ups before regular pull-ups)

then I move to the actual workout.

Incline Push-Ups 5 sets of 5, with 3-4 minutes break. I do them on the stairs, so each time I build up my strength up to 5x5 I go a one step closer to the ground, to increase lever and difficulty. Then I start like 5 sets of 2, and add 1 rep to every set when I do another training, to progress slowly, but steadily)

Seated Band Rows 3 sets of 10-12 , with 1 minute breaks Basically what I do is, I seat on the ground with my legs bent, wrap the band around my feet just enough to make it tense, and I start to row remembering to keep my posture in 90 degrees angle, and to retract the scapula as much as I can. When this gets easy, I simply straighten my legs up a little bit more, wrap the band around my wrists, or simply use heavier one.

Knee Tucks 3 sets of 10, going to 3 sets of 30, with 1 minute breaks. I just recently started incorporating some abs workout. Some of you are familiar with Convict Conditioning. This exercise is the first step of a Leg Raises progression.

"Face Pulls" 3 sets of 10 , with 1 minute breaks. Found this recently on Athlean-X channel, he gave an idea to perform it without machines, or a pole that you can attach your band to. Basically what you do is you place some small weight, dumbbells, or some bottles of water on a towel. Then you wrap it up like a tortilla, grab both ends, bent over, and start doing face pulls. Not going crazy with the weight, it's to keep the shoulders healthy.

Reversed Bicep Curls 5 sets of 5 , with 3 minutes breaks. I've found this exercise to work wonders for my tennis elbow. Not only that, it doesn't aggravate any golfer's elbow issue, so I prefer it over regular bicep curls, or hammer grip curls. When I will progress up to 5x5 then I simply take the heavier dumbells.

Bicep curls with a band 1 set of 12..Just a quick little set to finish this bicep after the previous exercise, with a little bit lower resistance, but higher reps.

That's it. It's not that much, it's not heavy, I would even say beginner level, but I feel like I am now stronger than ever. Previously I had phases of going hard for 2-3 months, building my strength up to be able to do pull-ups, push-ups, but with the cost of a shoulder/elbow injury in both hands that kept me away for over a year. Now I am trying a different approach, going slowly to my goal, focusing on signals from my body, stretching, and rolling the shit out of "dangerous" areas. And until now it seems to be working.

My goal now is to gain strength to be able to do 3 sets of full push-ups with great form, 2 sets of 6 pull-ups, and regular knee raises. When that happens I will transition more to "gaining muscle" workouts.

No leg workouts yet. I've sprained my ankles bunch of times, had pains in knees, now my left ankle mobility is very restricted. I got to fix it, I am a little bit afraid of this area, cause I feel like I have some understanding about upper-body injuries, but about legs, no clue at all.

But I will slowly regain the mobility, to perform the squats. Also my little dream is to learn how to do deadlifts without damaging my back.

Definitely some goals to work on.

advantagecp

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Feb 7, 2015
I mostly go camping. There are no people and I can't catch the virus or contaminate anyone. I just came back home after a week of camping. Tested a new sleeping bag, very pleased :) if someone's losing their mind being stuck at home, think about camping. Also, if you have no equipment, I can recommend this article <link removed>.

One of the ridiculous things about this virus shutdown was that big sections of the Appalachian Trail were closed. No rules put in place, just closed. The way I hike and camp there is going to be no spread of a virus involving me. I never stay in shelters. I sling a hammock and I am typically wild camping alone.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.