Hi everyone,
A partner and I have an eye on a business we're interested in. This would be my first offline business I've ever ventured, along with my partner. It's a seasonal business (Yacht/Vessel - Business For Bachelor Partis, Stag AndDoe, Private Functions And Corporate Events). They've been in business for 20 years. When it comes to number crunching, when is a business considered a good deal and advantageous to the buyer like myself? For eg, this business is net profiting 150k/year and the asking price of it is 250k. What are your thoughts in terms of the asking price? Is a business like this worthwhile if 80 or 90% of the purchase price came from a bank loan?
I would like to take a look at it tomorrow and have an in depth conversation with the owner about it. I have a few general questions about how they operate, busy months, how they promote/market, who maintains the vessel, etc. Do you guys have any suggestions for any odd or out of the ordinary questions I should be seeking answers for? How can I validate the numbers in terms of them being accurate and not fraudulent?
Thank you,
Dan
A partner and I have an eye on a business we're interested in. This would be my first offline business I've ever ventured, along with my partner. It's a seasonal business (Yacht/Vessel - Business For Bachelor Partis, Stag AndDoe, Private Functions And Corporate Events). They've been in business for 20 years. When it comes to number crunching, when is a business considered a good deal and advantageous to the buyer like myself? For eg, this business is net profiting 150k/year and the asking price of it is 250k. What are your thoughts in terms of the asking price? Is a business like this worthwhile if 80 or 90% of the purchase price came from a bank loan?
I would like to take a look at it tomorrow and have an in depth conversation with the owner about it. I have a few general questions about how they operate, busy months, how they promote/market, who maintains the vessel, etc. Do you guys have any suggestions for any odd or out of the ordinary questions I should be seeking answers for? How can I validate the numbers in terms of them being accurate and not fraudulent?
Thank you,
Dan
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
