Speedcorp
New Contributor
Hi everyone!
This is my first post, I stumbled upon the site a few days ago so I have not read the book yet. I'm looking forward to exchanging ideas with everyone and hope I can help others some day.
I'm currently putting a rough business plan together for my first project which I call 001 (one of many).
I am thinking of buying a great Italian restaurant in a busy business district. It has been operating for 8-9 years. It's not for sale on the market but I know for a fact the owner would sell. The food is great and I have inside knowledge of the place. My offer would include the building which has 2 apartments on the second story (It might be difficult to convince the owner to sell the building). No building = No go.
Goals:
-Increase profit margin on restaurant
-Gain experience
-Length of investment could be short or long term
Facts:
-I plan on purchasing with 3-4 partners, all close friends/family (I know, I know..)
-The current chef would be a partner and manage the kitchen, he is a close friend and very talented (I know good food)
-Another partner would be the maître d'hôtel (currently in another restaurant, he has experience in restaurant management as well
-My role would be risk management, building/equipment maintenance, project organizer, etc..I have contacts in many types of business's due in part to my current job and have a very smart and talented mentor which has helped me a lot. I have worked in several restaurants in my early twenties.
Gross revenue:
-Restaurant: 800k-1M$
-Building: +80k
I estimate the business to be worth 3-400k including 500k of equipment and renovations. The building is worth over 600k. My offer will be 1M$ for everything but I'm positive he will counter offer. The numbers might be off..
I guess I'm looking for feedback and tips from someone with relevant experience. I have 20-30K to invest and will ask the same from my partners. The owner is open to owner-financing although I do not want to pay high interest and I'm not sure how this works exactly.
Thanks,
S
This is my first post, I stumbled upon the site a few days ago so I have not read the book yet. I'm looking forward to exchanging ideas with everyone and hope I can help others some day.
I'm currently putting a rough business plan together for my first project which I call 001 (one of many).
I am thinking of buying a great Italian restaurant in a busy business district. It has been operating for 8-9 years. It's not for sale on the market but I know for a fact the owner would sell. The food is great and I have inside knowledge of the place. My offer would include the building which has 2 apartments on the second story (It might be difficult to convince the owner to sell the building). No building = No go.
Goals:
-Increase profit margin on restaurant
-Gain experience
-Length of investment could be short or long term
Facts:
-I plan on purchasing with 3-4 partners, all close friends/family (I know, I know..)
-The current chef would be a partner and manage the kitchen, he is a close friend and very talented (I know good food)
-Another partner would be the maître d'hôtel (currently in another restaurant, he has experience in restaurant management as well
-My role would be risk management, building/equipment maintenance, project organizer, etc..I have contacts in many types of business's due in part to my current job and have a very smart and talented mentor which has helped me a lot. I have worked in several restaurants in my early twenties.
Gross revenue:
-Restaurant: 800k-1M$
-Building: +80k
I estimate the business to be worth 3-400k including 500k of equipment and renovations. The building is worth over 600k. My offer will be 1M$ for everything but I'm positive he will counter offer. The numbers might be off..
I guess I'm looking for feedback and tips from someone with relevant experience. I have 20-30K to invest and will ask the same from my partners. The owner is open to owner-financing although I do not want to pay high interest and I'm not sure how this works exactly.
Thanks,
S
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
