The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

PSA: Udemy $9.99 Sale For Another Week

Have you successfully used a course to jump-start your Fastlane journey?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Just thought I would let you guys know so some people here won't miss it. This could be a great opportunity for new, younger members to get started on their Fastlane journey by learning a valuable skill for very cheap.

Udemy is having a back to school sale right now which pretty much every course is only $9.99! It's only for about another week.

I about to get a landing page design course to add to my skillset.

Anyway, just wanted to get the word out, I'll delete this post after the sale is over as to not spam the forum too much lol.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Are the courses good value/quality though? I bought a few courses in the past with a freebie code. Started one of them up but it was poor quality. The instructor had poor English, the slides had lots of misspelled words, and some part of it just didn't make sense.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Are the courses good value/quality though? I bought a few courses in the past with a freebie code. Started one of them up but it was poor quality. The instructor had poor English, the slides had lots of misspelled words, and some part of it just didn't make sense.
I always select ones that says "Best Seller" or "Highest Rated"

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
What is your favorite course?

Right now the only one I’ve done is Isaac’s Ultimate AdWords course.

It’s been awesome so far.

Stick to top rated courses and you’ll be ok.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I've probably spent $100 on Udemy. Most of the courses were highly valuable. I can say I haven't bought any junk.

The Lazy Programmers' machine learning courses were solid.

SoftStone

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jan 15, 2018
Germany
Udemy is having a back to school sale right now which pretty much every course is only $9.99! It's only for about another week

Udemy is on "limited sale" pretty much all the time.

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 4, 2016
You can find a comparable course on youtube for the information for the information you are looking for!

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
Udemy literally always has sales lol. I've never bought anything on there for more than $20.

Just because they hype of the back to school thing, don't worry and make any impulse buys or shit. When you need a course it will still be there, and for cheap

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
It’s like anything.. some are great, some suck. I took some Data Science courses on there that were of better quality than Harvard’s Data classes. Look for courses with high ratings and a lot of ratings. Sort by rank.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Udemy literally always has sales lol. I've never bought anything on there for more than $20.

Just because they hype of the back to school thing, don't worry and make any impulse buys or sh*t. When you need a course it will still be there, and for cheap

I’ve personally never seen them this low. That’s why I posted.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
I’ve personally never seen them this low. That’s why I posted.
Apparntly the prices keep getting lower so eventually they'll be free right? Maybe even in the negative where they'll start paying me to take courses.

jpmartin

Jedi Master
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Sep 7, 2013
I've probably spent $100 on Udemy. Most of the courses were highly valuable. I can say I haven't bought any junk.

I was curious as to how much I spent, so went and checked, over $1,000 on courses. Some were free (so obviously didn't include them), the paid ones - well, some were really great, and some were a piece of $hit (I had to ask for a refund). The above is after refunds.

I also have experience as an instructor on Udemy, so will probably share that in another thread. There are so many nuances. And keep one thing in mind... if you haven't read TMF or UNSCRIPTED... i will only say one word - CONTROL...

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I was curious as to how much I spent, so went and checked, over $1,000 on courses. Some were free (so obviously didn't include them), the paid ones - well, some were really great, and some were a piece of $hit (I had to ask for a refund). The above is after refunds.

I also have experience as an instructor on Udemy, so will probably share that in another thread. There are so many nuances. And keep one thing in mind... if you haven't read TMF or UNSCRIPTED... i will only say one word - CONTROL...

Would love to hear about your experiences in selling content. I'm publishing a video course through a smaller publisher, and have some msigivings. I want to do more, but will be going the hard road and doing it on my own.

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom
The Lazy Programmers' machine learning courses were solid.
Oh hey I got that one! The reinforcement learning one. It was too advanced for me, but from what I understood it was good

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Oh hey I got that one! The reinforcement learning one. It was too advanced for me, but from what I understood it was good

Shameless plug, you can check me out on YT. Quite a bit of RL content on there.

youtube.com/MachineLearningWithPhil

Computerchest

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jul 4, 2018
Hey jpmartin and others, I have taken some courses to help me on my way.

I am thinking of creating a video course to sell on Udemy or other platforms. I have already created some videos. I guess you are losing some control by hosting your course via a platform provider but I figured it would be a good way to test the market and see if there is buyers for the content I can produce.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

jpmartin

Jedi Master
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Sep 7, 2013
I am thinking of creating a video course to sell on Udemy or other platforms.

have you created the course or not? Udemy I admit has a nice guide on creating courses, read that and follow that.

I have already created some videos.

have you completed your recording? Or are you just testing the water? If you've read UNSCRIPTED, read chapter 33, 34, 35 again.

I guess you are losing some control by hosting your course via a platform provider

Yes. to be precise, it is a marketplace - and like any other marketplace, you are one amongst many. Again, read chapter 35 of UNSCRIPTED.

but I figured it would be a good way to test the market and see if there is buyers for the content I can produce.

Udemy has an insight section for instructors, which can give you a good indication of which courses are in demand/need.

Again there are some nuances here, you want to find if people are willing to buy, and for what price, but at the same time, you don't want to give it away, but you do need some testimonials to kick start - ask yourself... which is more valuable, a person who has paid (something) and given you a testimonial or a person who has received the course (for free) and given you a testimonial?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.