The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Progression of a 17 year old

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Ahh not much to say here. I became familiar with "The Fastlane" at the start of March 2021 and I started to do something worthwhile instead of playing Counter-Strike mindlessly. I took online courses about email marketing and nowadays practicing copywriting (also studying for college cuz need to keep parents happy and avoid potential future guilt), btw how's this for a month's progression? Well I'd say not quite the extraordinary but considering myself from me before discovering Fastlane, I feel much better about myself. This is also a little diary for myself.

Know any websites for practicing copywriting? Do reply if you feel like it :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Ahh not much to say here. I became familiar with "The Fastlane" at the start of March 2021 and I started to do something worthwhile instead of playing Counter-Strike mindlessly. I took online courses about email marketing and nowadays practicing copywriting (also studying for college cuz need to keep parents happy and avoid potential future guilt), btw how's this for a month's progression? Well I'd say not quite the extraordinary but considering myself from me before discovering Fastlane, I feel much better about myself. This is also a little diary for myself.

Know any websites for practicing copywriting? Do reply if you feel like it :)
Last night I found someone who was willing to help me on my journey. Gave me some articles to read and then write an article myself. Now I know I like copywriting and content writing and if is going to make me $$ that's honestly a good start to head to Fastlane. Day 1 and I did horribly wrong but mistakes were made :). Time to improve (Respect the PROCESS)

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Last night I found someone who was willing to help me on my journey. Gave me some articles to read and then write an article myself. Now I know I like copywriting and content writing and if is going to make me $$ that's honestly a good start to head to Fastlane. Day 1 and I did horribly wrong but mistakes were made :). Time to improve (Respect the PROCESS)
Made my first dollar yesterday! I made about $ 2.5 I was so hyped even though the guy said my copy was very crappy but he decided to pay me for one of the articles I wrote. Told me I need to write at least 10-15 articles to get a pretty good idea of writing blogs.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Made my first dollar yesterday! I made about $ 2.5 I was so hyped even though the guy said my copy was very crappy but he decided to pay me for one of the articles I wrote. Told me I need to write at least 10-15 articles to get a pretty good idea of writing blogs.
Aight, I applied for an agency for an internship so my resume isn't blank. They said it's an unpaid internship which I'm willing to do. Some of you might think I'm stupid, but I'm pretty new to writing so it kinda makes sense.
Btw, I sent them an email with my past work samples and they replied back. Said that I was a good fit. Lmao sure I was. My strategy is to get good with writing then move on to digital marketing and ultimately, forming an agency myself. This is a part of my goal broken down into small steps.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Aight, I applied for an agency for an internship so my resume isn't blank. They said it's an unpaid internship which I'm willing to do. Some of you might think I'm stupid, but I'm pretty new to writing so it kinda makes sense.
Btw, I sent them an email with my past work samples and they replied back. Said that I was a good fit. Lmao sure I was. My strategy is to get good with writing then move on to digital marketing and ultimately, forming an agency myself. This is a part of my goal broken down into small steps.
Aight so I checked my email on the first two days VIGOROUSLY. After not getting a reply, I thought they dropped me. After 5 days, today I got a call from the agency asking if I was willing to fill the form. When I opened my email it was there. So yeah, signed the agreement and the internship will be lasting for a month and a half. I just want to sincerely thank @Valier, honestly if I didn't click on his video in the feed which I thought was another fake guru scandal, I wouldn't have discovered Fastlane. Damn looking back, I've progressed a bit. Not a no lifer Juan deaging people in Counter-Strike anymore.

Lmao, I laugh and think about my sidewalk friends who tell me it's useless, enjoy your life.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Aight so I checked my email on the first two days VIGOROUSLY. After not getting a reply, I thought they dropped me. After 5 days, today I got a call from the agency asking if I was willing to fill the form. When I opened my email it was there. So yeah, signed the agreement and the internship will be lasting for a month and a half. I just want to sincerely thank @Valier, honestly if I didn't click on his video in the feed which I thought was another fake guru scandal, I wouldn't have discovered Fastlane. Damn looking back, I've progressed a bit. Not a no lifer Juan deaging people in Counter-Strike anymore.

Lmao, I laugh and think about my sidewalk friends who tell me it's useless, enjoy your life.
It has been week 1 at the agency, and I met its CEO. You bet he's a university student and has already completed over 100+ projects, mainly small businesses, and is now scaling up the agency (which is 3 people excluding interns) after a successful launch. Every time I meet him for some queries I just can't stop thinking that dude this guy is that 1% I am going to be. About my progress, I've been doing not so well because of lack of research. Also, they just gave me a vague idea and I thought I was supposed to get a specific topic from them

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
It has been week 1 at the agency, and I met its CEO. You bet he's a university student and has already completed over 100+ projects, mainly small businesses, and is now scaling up the agency (which is 3 people excluding interns) after a successful launch. Every time I meet him for some queries I just can't stop thinking that dude this guy is that 1% I am going to be. About my progress, I've been doing not so well because of lack of research. Also, they just gave me a vague idea and I thought I was supposed to get a specific topic from them
Started taking google digital marketing courses along with practicing copywriting. I'm also learning adobe illustrator side by side.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Started taking google digital marketing courses along with practicing copywriting. I'm also learning adobe illustrator side by side.
One month has passed since my last post.

What I've done:

I wrote some blogs and some SEO blogs, which was good for practice. I watched @Lex DeVille's videos on YT and got quite familiar with writing articles and blogs.

I wrote some website copy, which was appreciated the most idk.

Now, our content team of two is almost done working on a pitch deck for a client.

Two days left. On the 14th of July, I'll be completing my internship. I already have some outsourcing work ready for me so I'll be improving my writing there too. That's going to happen after 3rd August because I'll be having exams before that and I choose not to disappoint my mother. That time would be ideal for reading books.

Can't wait for the exams to finish. I know this is an excuse, don't hate me lmao

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Petition to change Headline to "Progress of a 17 yr old"
Hey Saad! Welcome! This isn't a website on copy, but a great book on it.

I'd recommend you start reading Cashvertising and incorporate that into your blog articles, it might help to spice things up. Just a young scribe on the journey, best of luck my man!

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Hey Saad! Welcome! This isn't a website on copy, but a great book on it.

I'd recommend you start reading Cashvertising and incorporate that into your blog articles, it might help to spice things up. Just a young scribe on the journey, best of luck my man!
Thanks Edgar, for the recommendation. Will definitely look into it.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Finished my internship on 15th July 2021. Got the certificate and letter of recommendation from the agency. I talked to the CEO and decided to work for them and learn more. If I'm going to be starting an agency I need to get myself familiar with all the aspects.

Anis25072

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Mar 2, 2021
Algeria
Finally,

Exams are over.

Time to focus on things that matter, those which decide my fate.
Good luck man, you've been making some huge progress !
Keep doing the work, it'll pay out soon.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Nearly one month has passed since my last update, I have to let you guys know, I got tested positive for COVID.

So there I was, 15 days of my life spent in quarantine...

About my progress, I have just made a profile on Upwork because the agency hasn't paid me a dime, I feel like I slaved away for nothing. I feel disappointed for little to no progress this month, mainly because I've been lazy and procrastinating. In order to counter that, I've already sent 5 proposals on Upwork and counting. I feel like Upwork will be my salvation.

Rossoneri

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jun 13, 2020
Virginia
Nearly one month has passed since my last update, I have to let you guys know, I got tested positive for C0VlD.

About my progress, I have just made a profile on Upwork because the agency hasn't paid me a dime, I feel like I slaved away for nothing. I feel disappointed for little to no progress this month, mainly because I've been lazy and procrastinating. In order to counter that, I've already sent 5 proposals on Upwork and counting. I feel like Upwork will be my salvation.

From another 17 year old, keep it up man! I was also hooked on video games just like you, and I’m starting my own journey now in iOS development.

Any advice on getting past social anxiety?

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Nearly one month has passed since my last update, I have to let you guys know, I got tested positive for C0VlD.

Take it slow man, and heal up.

Nice work starting on Upwork and here's to great things to come!

Sorry about the agency not paying, I know at first it was an unpaid internship but didn't you clear it up with them the amount they would be paying you for a month's work?

If you're copywriting and on Upwork it'd be criminal for me not to respond XD

Here's what I would do if I was in your shoes and just starting out:

Read and apply this thread
Lex DeVille's: 15 Days to Freedom - Make Money Copywriting

Read Ca$hvertising

Read this thread post -

This was the end post that details how you can start your own 90 days challenge to earn over $1k a month (Not that I've reached there yet ;) )

And starting around day 50 is when I jumped into copywriting on Upwork- INTRO - Attempting to Build A Productocracy [Niche > Problem > Pre-sell > Solution]

Where you are going!

It details the mistakes I made so you don't make them and the experiences I've gained so you can implement them and get results faster.

Cheers

Steeltip

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Mar 17, 2021
Houston, TX
From another 17 year old, keep it up man! I was also hooked on video games just like you, and I’m starting my own journey now in iOS development.

I will chime in on this bit.

The only way I know of to overcome social anxiety is to act in spite of your anxiety. Until the fear of what you will become by not overcoming it is stronger than your fear from social anxiety, you will never conquer it...

Once you have done this dozen of times your anxiety will fade. Once you have done it thousands of times it will disappear. It truly is like a muscle that you need to work out in order for it to work properly. If you go to long without using it you have to shake the cobwebs off and go through the stages again. Except it will be easier to do once you know the way.

Makko

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jul 13, 2021
South Korea

One of the best ways that I overcame anxiety and depression was through exercising. It helped me the most and it's usually the best starting point for most of us.

I know. It sucks a$$ to get up, change clothes, and drag yourself to the gym (or go for a run). But the only way to train and develop your mind is to constantly put yourself in uncomfortable situations. Exercising is the best place to start and it's FREE.

Like @Steeltip said, it's in the repetition.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
(also studying for college cuz need to keep parents happy and avoid potential future guilt),

Imagine you are 40 years old and your parents are old and retired. You have 2 kids and a family. You went to college and got a job that your parents wanted you to get. You never took a chance and tried the business or thing that you wanted to try and now you have too many commitments. You are seeing your age and you look back at your life and always think "what if?"

Imagine how much regret, unhappiness, contempt towards your family, etc. you would feel?

Here's a little secret about advice from our family that we don't know about...

If you do what YOU want....they will still love you.

They advise you based on bad information, an outdated model of success, and fear of you falling through the cracks because you took a risk and failed.

Don't let that infect your decisions and end up causing more guilt and sadness than the temporary friction of taking chances and doing your own things. They will still be proud of you and especially if you succeed.

-24 year old droppout making more than my family and working less than 20% of the time they do who's parents love him dearly.

deepneuralnet

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jul 5, 2020

It's okay dude. Recover and get back at it stronger.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Imagine you are 40 years old and your parents are old and retired. You have 2 kids and a family. You went to college and got a job that your parents wanted you to get. You never took a chance and tried the business or thing that you wanted to try and now you have too many commitments. You are seeing your age and you look back at your life and always think "what if?"

Imagine how much regret, unhappiness, contempt towards your family, etc. you would feel?

Here's a little secret about advice from our family that we don't know about...

If you do what YOU want....they will still love you.

They advise you based on bad information, an outdated model of success, and fear of you falling through the cracks because you took a risk and failed.

Don't let that infect your decisions and end up causing more guilt and sadness than the temporary friction of taking chances and doing your own things. They will still be proud of you and especially if you succeed.

-24 year old droppout making more than my family and working less than 20% of the time they do who's parents love him dearly.
I've been looking forward to you since I joined this forum. This was me a couple of months ago.

You're talking experience, and I greatly value it.

Tubs

Starting fresh
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Apr 5, 2019
VA

The pain of regret is much stronger than the pain of rejection.
A lot of the anxiety just comes from visualizing how the interactions are going to go before you even have the chance to interact. You think it's going to go badly, and you stop yourself from interacting to avoid this.

The best advice I can give is just to accept that you're going to feel anxious and put yourself out there. Then as time goes on you get more and more used to social interaction to the point where it doesn't make you anxious anymore.

I guess the analogy I could use for a teenager would be that it's like your first day of school for the year. It strange to be going back and you might feel nervous about the new classes you're taking. But after a while of going every day it's just a normal part of your routine.

Rossoneri

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jun 13, 2020
Virginia
The pain of regret is much stronger than the pain of rejection.
A lot of the anxiety just comes from visualizing how the interactions are going to go before you even have the chance to interact. You think it's going to go badly, and you stop yourself from interacting to avoid this.

The best advice I can give is just to accept that you're going to feel anxious and put yourself out there. Then as time goes on you get more and more used to social interaction to the point where it doesn't make you anxious anymore.

I guess the analogy I could use for a teenager would be that it's like your first day of school for the year. It strange to be going back and you might feel nervous about the new classes you're taking. But after a while of going every day it's just a normal part of your routine.
You described it best, I've always been an visual/analytical thinker that prepares for every situation, which helped me a lot in some situations, but it's also a double edged sword like you described but amplified. I've also felt the pain of regret, as I would think sometimes about if I just put myself out there in (insert situation here)

Also, apologies to Saad Khan for partially overriding his execution thread.

Steeltip

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Mar 17, 2021
Houston, TX
You described it best, I've always been an visual/analytical thinker that prepares for every situation, which helped me a lot in some situations, but it's also a double edged sword like you described but amplified. I've also felt the pain of regret, as I would think sometimes about if I just put myself out there in (insert situation here)

Also, apologies to Saad Khan for partially overriding his execution thread.
I definitely have some overthinking aspects to my personality which is absolutely useful in some instances. However, there are a lot of things where simply shutting that off is actually more useful.

One of those things is like what @Johnny boy said. Sometimes you just have to say F*ck it and trust your own ability to get shit done.

Both are valuable and both are necessary

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.