The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Bigbucks

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Jul 22, 2018
Hello everyone I have been a member of this forum since reading MJ's first book TMF about a year and half ago which was given to me by my mentor at the moment. At the time I was working a phone sales job, cold calling my best month was 10k in commission knowing what I was capable of, I was determined to make enough money there to quit and chase my dream of becoming a fastlane entrepreneur. As you might have expected things did not go according to plan, long story short because business slowed down and it was a commission only job I was not able to pay my bills so I quit which sucked for me because I loved the place it was my first job and the people I met there actually introduced me to self development and growth mindset which is how I learned about entrepreneurship. So then I worked as a houseman a Ritz-Carlton for a weeks before I landed another phones sales job at Comcast which at the moment I thought was perfect given my previous sales experience. I was again wrong I strongly disliked going to work and felt no challenge or motivation because of the slowlane environment and I knew what was out there and what I am capable of. So this bring me to today I have decided to quit my Comcast job and start freelancing as a web designer the past 3 months have learned to code HTML/CSS and a little JS right through the forum post by @Fox and his YouTube channel with many other resources. Although the business strategy is not fastlane to me it is a great start to get into entrepreneurship, I understand that the road will be tough and that is why I am creating this thread to get feedback, advice, build relationships on this forum with people playing the game at a higher level than me and to hold myself accountable. I have a strong work ethic, mindset, and can handle constructive feedback. To give an idea of what I am up against I am 21 went to college for 1 year out of high school to chase my dreams of becoming a professional baseball player since leaving school I have worked about 3 jobs 2 of them phones sales. I have about $1,000 cash now with another $1,500 coming from the rest of my pay at comcast and car that will be most likely repossessed because I wont be able to keep up with the payments while building my business currently I have 2 projects I am working on for relatives to build my portfolio from there I will seek real paying clients. I am open to any productive feedback and will answer any questions you have stay tuned.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bigbucks

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Jul 22, 2018
How goes it?
Going well got my first website up, one problem I have encountered is collecting the information from the form. Once I overcome this problem the next step will be for me to drive traffic to the website via SEO and social media from there analyze the data and make adjustments to get a good conversion rate then move on to another project I have already found some I can make a website for. Really focusing on produce results for clients with the websites because that is how I can justify the value.

Bigbucks

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Jul 22, 2018
Going well got my first website up, one problem I have encountered is collecting the information from the form. Once I overcome this problem the next step will be for me to drive traffic to the website via SEO and social media from there analyze the data and make adjustments to get a good conversion rate then move on to another project I have already found some I can make a website for. Really focusing on produce results for clients with the websites because that is how I can justify the value.
Here is the website if you want to take a look.

www.earliespropertymaintenance.com

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bigbucks

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Jul 22, 2018
11/4/19 Update

After completing my first portfolio project I am 95% percent done with my second one also I am currently building a website for myself. Next the main goal this month is to start to bring in some sales I plan to this by attending networking events, working through my current network and also cold emails/calls to local business right now I have about 2 leads. Another big win I feel is, I will joining fox web school so that will put me around more people that I am able to learn from to reduce the learning curve. Although I have had a few ups and downs this past 2 weeks I know that I can get back on track and make this work.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.