The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Progress Thread] Scaling Websites

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

ugudango

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Apr 17, 2022
Bratislava, Slovakia
Back from the slumbers :)

Yesterday marked my last day at work: I am officially unemployed free!

Feels very good with a pinch of scary: No more lazy office days, scrolling Fastlane Forum on the lazy bag, etc. If I'm lazy, it somehow feels different, more costly - like I'm giving up on myself.

What's happening:

- Major update: I became a co-founder of FoxyApps!
After a networking event of a SaaS group, apparently I left an impact and the organizers called me in a few days later. I sat with them and they explained how they'd love to work with me and take me in their mentorship group. They told me that this meant I'd become a co-founder of FoxyApps, a tool that helps build Ai lead magnets with no-code.
For now, they'll match my salary (which, since I'm moving home and later to Thailand, will pack a much better punch considering the lower cost of living) and when we cross $10K MMR, I'll get a % of the company. I'm very happy about this partnership, the guys are great and I've already started to learn a lot. This will probably be my main focus as I've had a growing interest in SaaS for quite a bit.

- New projects:
1. I partnered with a small software consulting company and I'm currently doing a website for them. After paying the designer, my share is $2000 for a small, simple website. I initially said $4000, but their budget didn't allow it but we agreed on $2k for a smaller project. We're in talks of a mutual partnership and overall, the project is very low-stress.

2. The client I mentioned who I have an ongoing partnership with was happy with the website, however, we chose the wrong platform - WordPress is very slow and clunky for the website we created. That's why after the project I mentioned above, I'll be redoing their website with a much faster platform. I take partial blame on this and that's why I'll offer them a low price for this, pretty much to cover the cost of work. They're a very good client, and I'm actually taking them for a trip to my country :)

- Other stuff:
The projects I already had with the client i mentioned are going well, but I realized I underestimated the work needed and charged a pretty low price. I'm still okay with it, it's honestly much better than working 9-5.

I am going to introduce the gym more. I realized I am not in my best physical shape, considering I was a pretty big gym rat a year / two ago. I've already planned out my integration of gym time when I move back and will A/B test my focus and energy for work and gym timing.

I need to work on my attention to detail and quality. My quality in the last few months has been subpar, with many avoidable mistakes. I'm well aware and am working on this, since it costs me a lot of time and frankly I look like a dumbass sometimes.

Goals review:
2024 GOALS:
- Quit 9-5 Job ( Expected in Feb 2024 ) - COMPLETED!
- Make $10k total from the business by 1st half of 2024 / $20k by 2nd half of 2024 - On track
- Get to $1k MRR - Kind of completed, but let's review this at the end of the year.
- Move to Southeast Asia ( Expected in May 2024 ) - POSTPONED to September, most likely. Reason is family and capital
- Get an office space - Possibly going to be removed, most of the places I saw in SEA have coworking spaces.
- Start actively networking and going to networking events - Won't say completed but definitely actively doing. Rewards from this have been fantastic!
- Get 10 Clients - Possibly going to be removed, depending on the SaaS business
- Hire a developer - been thinking about it, and should act on this soon. I could use a dev for web development and work on the SaaS.

Thanks for reading!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.