Hello FastlaneForum,
My name is Tom, I turn 22 next week and I'm currently in the process of building a prototype for my invention. A device that takes most of the effort out of giving your dog a bath as well as making it hassle and mess free. I'm making this post in this forum as I know it in myself to move on from projects too quickly. By making weekly update and progress posts I'm holding myself to doing this. I'm working on breaking that bad quality in myself, I believe this to be the first step. I'm currently doing odd jobs and general labor to pay the bills, this is what is consuming my free time.
Currently, I have my idea drawn out and blueprinted. I'm saving for extra parts so I have a few models to work with and narrow down how I want it to be. My goal for this project is to make it a licensing deal for a player in the dog grooming or pet supply business. Plan B is to take it to market myself.
Short term goal (1 week) - Contact pet supply and grooming manufacturers and introduce/pitch my invention to them. Join dog grooming/dog care forums under product name to begin establishing a however small online presence.
Long term goal (2 months) - Have at least 1 working prototype and make a short commercial style clip. Send clip to prominent dog grooming/dog care bloggers and make something happen to appear in one of their blogs. (too soon?)
Any advice or if any of you more experienced guys see me taking a step in the wrong direction or perhaps know a more optimal route, don't be scared in sharing!
My experience in this includes building a few inventions before, just for fun or so I wouldn't have to purchase a product. I however have no experience in business or marketing, so this should be interesting!
My name is Tom, I turn 22 next week and I'm currently in the process of building a prototype for my invention. A device that takes most of the effort out of giving your dog a bath as well as making it hassle and mess free. I'm making this post in this forum as I know it in myself to move on from projects too quickly. By making weekly update and progress posts I'm holding myself to doing this. I'm working on breaking that bad quality in myself, I believe this to be the first step. I'm currently doing odd jobs and general labor to pay the bills, this is what is consuming my free time.
Currently, I have my idea drawn out and blueprinted. I'm saving for extra parts so I have a few models to work with and narrow down how I want it to be. My goal for this project is to make it a licensing deal for a player in the dog grooming or pet supply business. Plan B is to take it to market myself.
Short term goal (1 week) - Contact pet supply and grooming manufacturers and introduce/pitch my invention to them. Join dog grooming/dog care forums under product name to begin establishing a however small online presence.
Long term goal (2 months) - Have at least 1 working prototype and make a short commercial style clip. Send clip to prominent dog grooming/dog care bloggers and make something happen to appear in one of their blogs. (too soon?)
Any advice or if any of you more experienced guys see me taking a step in the wrong direction or perhaps know a more optimal route, don't be scared in sharing!
My experience in this includes building a few inventions before, just for fun or so I wouldn't have to purchase a product. I however have no experience in business or marketing, so this should be interesting!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
