The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Progress Thread- How bad do I want it?

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
Hey everyone, so from now on I will post my progress here a minimum of 2 times per week. I am at the point of ordering my products to send them to the warehouse of Amazon in the US. I want to be launched on 16.10.2020.

If it's that day and I still haven't launched, I will share a facebook post and explain people why I am lazy.

Anyone who wants to join me on this journey?? My goal is to work 2 hours SHARP on my business each and every single day (more on weekends, obviously)

Let's commit to mastery and make our dreams come true!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Hey everyone, so from now on I will post my progress here a minimum of 2 times per week. I am at the point of ordering my products to send them to the warehouse of Amazon in the US. I want to be launched on 16.10.2020.

If it's that day and I still haven't launched, I will share a facebook post and explain people why I am lazy.

Anyone who wants to join me on this journey?? My goal is to work 2 hours SHARP on my business each and every single day (more on weekends, obviously)

I love a good Amazon FBA thread. I'm in.

Odysseus M Jones

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
hell yes! thanks for joining Odysseus!! :D so what will your commitments be?
I commit to reading every post, silently cheering you along & refraining from cluttering the thread with useless comments.

But if you do need advice, I've read the $1m FBA threads. Plenty of flight simulator experience.

How hard can it be?

We can't lose.
Well, I can't, it's not my money.
But it's my reputation, and no one goes down on my watch.
You'd better have a good product though.
I'm not cheering for pom poms or garlic presses.

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
I commit to reading every post, silently cheering you along & refraining from cluttering the thread with useless comments.

But if you do need advice, I've read the $1m FBA threads. Plenty of flight simulator experience.

How hard can it be?

We can't lose.
Well, I can't, it's not my money.
But it's my reputation, and no one goes down on my watch.
You'd better have a good product though.
I'm not cheering for pom poms or garlic presses.

Nice Odysseus! Thank you for taking part in my journey!

I do have a good product, but there is always a lot to learn. What's your fav $1m FBA thread? Are you also selling on Amazon?

Odysseus M Jones

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Nice Odysseus! Thank you for taking part in my journey!

I do have a good product, but there is always a lot to learn. What's your fav $1m FBA thread? Are you also selling on Amazon?
Longinus' thread is a great FBA journey. And like you he sold in the US while being based in Europe.
The thread's on the inside though, but it's worth investing $120 for that, the other threads, no advertisements & just giving back to the forum for what it gives us.

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
Longinus' thread is a great FBA journey. And like you he sold in the US while being based in Europe.
The thread's on the inside though, but it's worth investing $120 for that, the other threads, no advertisements & just giving back to the forum for what it gives us.
oh, I see.

yes definitely it would be an investment I'd make in the future. For now, my aim is to be active in the forum general :)

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
Some updates for the Week August, 10-16

• I found a guy specialized in reinstating suspended amazon accounts, we prepared documents and have sent another appeal. (my account has been suspended because of identity verification)
  • I finally made the comprehensive research about packaging, prepared my mood boards and drafts. next step is to find a good designer, I already have 2 recommendations, one is cheaper but I want it to be the absolute best so I'll get some more quotes from pages like 99designs. any recommendations, welcome
  • I created a simple landing page, connected it to MailCheat(Chimp) and started collecting e-mails. I posted my lead magnet in some groups, people were extremely excited about it, but not many of them have put their mails on the LP. I'm thinking of doing it manually- hoping it doesn't create problems in terms of GDPR?
Action Steps for next week (August, 17-23)
  1. I will check and update my appeal if needed. I will call Amazon every day and ask if there are any updates.
  2. I will decide on which designer I want to continue with.
  3. I will engage with my potential customers on FB and aim to add 100 people to my list.

thanks forum, for keeping me accountable!

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
Do you need a maths teacher?
I certainly do!!!!!

Thank you so much Oddy for reminding me who I'm supposed to be.

So the updates for the last week of August:
  • I've been dealing with the verification problem. I am now working with 2 professionals at the same time. I called Amazon literally every day and sent them 10 different kinds of utility bills and all got rejected for some reason (they don't tell what the problem is.) Thankfully, there is no problem with my credit card or with my identity. The only problem is the bill. The last appeal I've sent (on August 24) is still being reviewed which gives me hope because the other ones were rejected directly the next day. I'm still calling Amazon in every 2 days, but they tell me there's nothing they can do so I'm waiting.
  • This, combined with some unexpected life problems (losing my job, have to move out, family problems etcetc) kind of stopped me from doing anything on Amazon. I have everything ready to launch and I honestly don't know how I can progress without my account being reinstated.
  • I'll use this time to work on my launching skills, I'll go over my notes and watch more videos. I'm still working minimum of 2 hours towards creating a better me (reading, watching videos etc) but I certainly kind of lost the momentum. This weekend my goal is to get it back and I'll update here on Monday.

send me some account reinstater energies please!!!

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
Allright, weekend update!

I got my momentum back. Still trying hard to get my account reinstated.

Meanwhile, I'm starting to look for a new product, as my previous product doesn't seem so profitable to my eyes anymore. It's average revenue is around $3k/ month when you search it with the main keyword.

On the other hand, I am considering if I should dive into other options to make money online, while I wait for my account to be reinstated- for example: shopify or creating a digital course? but I don't want to lose focus from Amazon either so I'm a bit confused.

I'm curious what do the fastlaners think, let me know.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
I'm curious what do the fastlaners think, let me know.

classic "control" problem (I'm not denigrating you when I was doing FBA I had headaches as well) , I think you SHOULD be building out alternative venues to move product - 1.) to keep you busy and focused on the end goal (fastlane early retirement and freedom) and 2.) so you aren't beholden to bezos marketplace.

You'll learn logistics, and marketing and branding and all sorts of useful skills in doing this.

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
classic "control" problem (I'm not denigrating you when I was doing FBA I had headaches as well) , I think you SHOULD be building out alternative venues to move product - 1.) to keep you busy and focused on the end goal (fastlane early retirement and freedom) and 2.) so you aren't beholden to bezos marketplace.

You'll learn logistics, and marketing and branding and all sorts of useful skills in doing this.

Thanks so much for answering my friend!

Yes I agree with you, I have to stay focused to my end goal. That's an extremely good point. Also being dependent on Bezos is starting to be a pain in the a$$ hahaha.

I'm on a complicated point at the moment, I have been let go of from my 9-5 job, and I have 2 months which they'll still pay me. And the reality is, I don't wanna go back to any 9-5. I want to create something in these 2 months that'd give me at least the time to keep going- and I'm starting to think of if I should get into high-ticket marketing consulting, (I was working at digital marketing) as it'd be very profitable in the short run.

but in the meantime, I know that having 1000 focuses will NOT help me. What would you do?

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
if I should get into high-ticket marketing consulting, (I was working at digital marketing) as it'd be very profitable in the short run.

to be frank this board is littered with failed execution threads for digital marketing agencies, its severely "me too"

You could maybe become an account manager for a white label digital marketing agency? keep a roof over your head?

again I'm not some magic guru who has all his ducks lined up so that's just my opinion but it doesn't seem like a realistic path to me for most people.

You say its a good product, you ordered it, its only been a month, my thought is to keep on the "productocracy" path , don't dilute your effort. Plenty of ways to make money to pay the bills while this gets built out, trying to get a digital marketing agency to the point where it feeds you in 2 months seems like a bit much (when again, the need just doesn't exist, everyone with a laptop is doing that right now - so much so that as I aluded to an entire "white label" industry has sprung up to sell shovels to the gold diggers)

where are you located btw?

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain

Why haven't I find this sooner? Count me in for the execution thread. We're the new Amazon entrepreneurs, product-oriented.

Thanks so much for answering my friend!

Yes I agree with you, I have to stay focused to my end goal. That's an extremely good point. Also being dependent on Bezos is starting to be a pain in the a$$ hahaha.

I'm on a complicated point at the moment, I have been let go of from my 9-5 job, and I have 2 months which they'll still pay me. And the reality is, I don't wanna go back to any 9-5. I want to create something in these 2 months that'd give me at least the time to keep going- and I'm starting to think of if I should get into high-ticket marketing consulting, (I was working at digital marketing) as it'd be very profitable in the short run.

but in the meantime, I know that having 1000 focuses will NOT help me. What would you do?
Although I'd recommend freelancing because it's paying my bills right now, you should do whatever works for you, whether it's a job or not. I remember spending time with fast-money ideas, such as affiliate marketing, cold-emailing, and whatnot. The initiative was good, but I only made money where I focused the most: freelancing.

If something works, better to stick to it. You can still look for better income models in your free time :)

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
to be frank this board is littered with failed execution threads for digital marketing agencies, its severely "me too"

You could maybe become an account manager for a white label digital marketing agency? keep a roof over your head?

again I'm not some magic guru who has all his ducks lined up so that's just my opinion but it doesn't seem like a realistic path to me for most people.

You say its a good product, you ordered it, its only been a month, my thought is to keep on the "productocracy" path , don't dilute your effort. Plenty of ways to make money to pay the bills while this gets built out, trying to get a digital marketing agency to the point where it feeds you in 2 months seems like a bit much (when again, the need just doesn't exist, everyone with a laptop is doing that right now - so much so that as I aluded to an entire "white label" industry has sprung up to sell shovels to the gold diggers)

where are you located btw?

Thank you and sorry for the delay answering this comment. I did read it and I absolutely agree with you. I've just started reading Unscipted and looking forward to the Productocracy episode!

I have also made the Decision Matrix MJ tells on Millionaire Fastlane, and the best decision for me to do right now turned out to be starting with Shopify, while looking for another job to pay the bills.

I'm located in Berlin (for now) what about you??

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
Why haven't I find this sooner? Count me in for the execution thread. We're the new Amazon entrepreneurs, product-oriented.

Although I'd recommend freelancing because it's paying my bills right now, you should do whatever works for you, whether it's a job or not. I remember spending time with fast-money ideas, such as affiliate marketing, cold-emailing, and whatnot. The initiative was good, but I only made money where I focused the most: freelancing.

If something works, better to stick to it. You can still look for better income models in your free time :)

Yes, join me on this thread please Max!!

I agree with you. I better go with the thing I've already started, and I will.

Don't do other "making money online" things.
Create another product b/c it seems you have experience in it.

SO SHORT YET SO CLEAR. Thank you.

And absolutely.

So I'm starting to create my Shopify store this week. I'll go with another product I was already side-side hustling, and learn Shopify at this time.

So last week was spent with:
  • Job applications
  • Figuring out my next steps and making a 50 day plan (until my ex-company will pay me)
  • Setting out etsy and ads for my side-side product (which is now, my main :D)

This week's TOP3:
  1. Create the shopify store.
  2. Jop application everyday (to pay the bills )
  3. Learning the legal aspects of opening an Amazon.de seller account

I'll update here on the weekend.

Thanks everyone, for keeping me accountable! It means a lot and I can't wait to see this thread in a couple of months (or years).

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
I'm located in Berlin (for now) what about you??

The US, so I'm definitely not sure if my statement about digital marketing agency over supply would be the case in Germany (although long term its the same problem of no or low barrier to entry)

Odysseus M Jones

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Meanwhile, I'm starting to look for a new product, as my previous product doesn't seem so profitable to my eyes anymore. It's average revenue is around $3k/ month when you search it with the main keyword.
$3k is a good start though, you can add other products, upsells, bundles, offers to increase revenue.
I do have a good product
You said it yourself, what's changed?
I will engage with my potential customers on FB and aim to add 100 people to my list
If you know where your customers are you can lead them to your store/Etsy.
On the other hand, I am considering if I should dive into other options to make money online, while I wait for my account to be reinstated- for example: shopify
Definitely explore alternatives to Amazon, don't let a frozen account stop you.
I have been let go of from my 9-5 job, and I have 2 months which they'll still pay me.
Two months isn't enough time to get a new business going.
Get a job, freelance or anything that brings in money now, MHP, Max & Kid gave you good advice.

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
$3k is a good start though, you can add other products, upsells, bundles, offers to increase revenue.

You said it yourself, what's changed?

If you know where your customers are you can lead them to your store/Etsy.

Definitely explore alternatives to Amazon, don't let a frozen account stop you.

Two months isn't enough time to get a new business going.
Get a job, freelance or anything that brings in money now, MHP, Max & Kid gave you good advice.

Nice and clear advices Odysseus, thank you!
I love your contribution to this thread.

You are 100% right, I should never ever let Amazon stop me. I am already onto new alternatives.

About the product: it has become saturated. If I could enter when I wanted, it could be a game changer. I can still make a decent amount if I'd launch it now, but from my eyes it's not worth it.

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
Allright guys, updates from this week:

My goals were:
This week's TOP3:
  1. Create the shopify store.
  2. Jop application everyday (to pay the bills )
  3. Learning the legal aspects of opening an Amazon.de seller account

1. I made a lot of research about shopify, dropshipping, and print on demand. Decided that I'll go with print on demand with my passion niche. This feels like it's going to be such a fun project. I realized that creating and optimizing a shopify store can take as little as 1-2 days, but means nothing when you don't have the right product-market fit so I decided to devote this week to sole research. When I created this thread, I said that I'd launch before the 16th of October (my birthday :)) and I'll make sure to keep that promise (writing a facebook post about how lazy I am is such an intense pain hahah) Only difference is, I won't be launching a product on Amazon, just on Shopify.

So the new goal is:
On October 16, 2020 I :

• Have an optimized shopify store which I am confidently runnings ads towards
  • Have etsy listings and/or Merch by Amazon
2. I applied for 5 jobs daily and optimized my CV and cover letters. I'm in the second step with 2 companies and I really like one of them. I'm also giving free consultation on digital marketing to 2 of my friends, which can turn into an exciting project itself :)

3. I know now everything I need to open an Amazon.de account and it's a lot easier than I thought it was! Oh man! I'll not make problems in my head bigger than they are, not anymore! I just need to check one small thing with my landlord and I'll send my application easily.

This week's goals:
  1. Create a detailed research about the brand I'll build (until wed-thu), build the first version of the Shopify store.
  2. Keep applying to 5-10 jobs per day.
  3. Finish application for an amazon.de seller account,

I sometimes feel like I'm going too slow, especially after remembering how much I was working on my side hustle when I had a fulltime job and now I have all the time and don't work as much.....

This week I'll try to dopamine detox as intense as I can, and hopefully achieve all of my goals and more by the end of the week.

Send me any thoughts, comments, questions, or ideas :smile2: Also would love to talk to any print on demand entrepreneurs!

Thanks again forum, I'll update here on Wednesday again, until then, ciao!

Odysseus M Jones

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
16th of October (my birthday :))
15th here
All the best people are Libra.
You, me, God.
He's English too.

PS Herr @Ing is dabbling with POD, he's in Germany too.
He's a tech neophyte with Shopify, perhaps you two could trade talents in some sort of mutually beneficial arrangement?
Just spitballing here.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Hi.
over the last year, I tried different things for learning.

On that route, my Amazon account was closed. I decided it to be a sign and didn’t go after it any longer.

I designed some Tshirts and uploaded the designs to spreadhirt and Teespring with no sells than my pwn . Its nice to wear your own shirts though!

Shopify:
you can work with it ok, but imo its not really good. If you have programming skills, I would go with woocomerce.
Shopify is not built up real logical to me.

figure out to do google ads, its not too hard to do.

My first advice: don’t wait for a date like 16.10. . Get your domain now. Set up your store NOW ! ( I think, you arent so busy?) Do some ads to it now.

Thats hard enough for the beginning.
And tomorrow you will have a store with goods and ads to get you customers.

From that you can steer and maybe, you will have your first customer on your birthday, when you are good.

My abilities: when you want to learn how to ride a dirt bike, you can pm me!;). Thats my skills!

edith: for earning some money: make a newspaper ad :
Ich mähe Ihren Rasen Tel.....
Thats what I would do and earn a good money. There s a thread about lawn mowing!

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
15th here
All the best people are Libra.
You, me, God.
He's English too.

PS Herr @Ing is dabbling with POD, he's in Germany too.
He's a tech neophyte with Shopify, perhaps you two could trade talents in some sort of mutually beneficial arrangement?
Just spitballing here.

Hahaha yes, Libras are awesome!!! if only we can could decide easier, we would definitely conquer the world :D I'll get in contact with him, thank you so much Ody :bicep:

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
Hi.
over the last year, I tried different things for learning.

On that route, my Amazon account was closed. I decided it to be a sign and didn’t go after it any longer.

I designed some Tshirts and uploaded the designs to spreadhirt and Teespring with no sells than my pwn . Its nice to wear your own shirts though!

Shopify:
you can work with it ok, but imo its not really good. If you have programming skills, I would go with woocomerce.
Shopify is not built up real logical to me.

figure out to do google ads, its not too hard to do.

My first advice: don’t wait for a date like 16.10. . Get your domain now. Set up your store NOW ! ( I think, you arent so busy?) Do some ads to it now.

Thats hard enough for the beginning.
And tomorrow you will have a store with goods and ads to get you customers.

From that you can steer and maybe, you will have your first customer on your birthday, when you are good.

My abilities: when you want to learn how to ride a dirt bike, you can pm me!;). Thats my skills!

edith: for earning some money: make a newspaper ad :
Ich mähe Ihren Rasen Tel.....
Thats what I would do and earn a good money. There s a thread about lawn mowing!

Hey Ing,

thanks so much for this encouraging comment. If I was waiting for a sign, this would definitely be it!!

I'll get that site ready this week.

I sadly don't have programming skills, so for now I'll go with Shopify. How is POD going for you?

About lawn mowing... :D I'm not sure if you are serious or not?!

Odysseus M Jones

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
if only we can could decide easier, we would definitely conquer the world :D
So true, the indecisiveness is crippling.
But we can't have everything.
We just have to settle for unmatched beauty, unparalleled intellect, exquisite social skills, animal magnetism, movie star charisma, a God between the sheets & hung like a blue whale.
It's a cross we have to bear.
About lawn mowing... :D I'm not sure if you are serious or not?!
He's serious.
Ich mähe Ihren Rasen
Even better
But as a flyer through the door...
Ich weiß, was Du letzten Sommer getan hast

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
But we can't have everything.
We just have to settle for unmatched beauty, unparalleled intellect, exquisite social skills, animal magnetism, movie star charisma, a God between the sheets & hung like a blue whale.
It's a cross we have to bear.

You're right.........

He's serious.

I think I'll pass with that one :D I'm currently waiting answer from some companies. It's gonna be ok :D

I DID IT! My store is live and I created 10 designs already. This week's gonna be optimizing it as much as I can and then I'll start running some ads. SO EXCITING! Thanks for the encouragement Ing :smile2:

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
[2 days late] WEEK UPDATE!

Wow, last week I got done more than I did in the last 6 months...

So my goals were:
This week's goals:
  1. Create a detailed research about the brand I'll build (until wed-thu), build the first version of the Shopify store.
  2. Keep applying to 5-10 jobs per day.
  3. Finish application for an amazon.de seller account,

I built more than the first version of the store, I think I built a pretty decent one. I also created 16 products and I'm aiming to add 1-2 more every day. I also ordered samples of 3 of my products so I can create some ad videos and images. I watched like 10 videos on Youtube about facebook ads and product copywriting, and got on a decent* level for beginning.
I applied to 85 jobs now!!! And had 3 interviews so far. So, it's coming soon.
I didn't manage to finish the application to Amazon.de as there is some bureaucracy I need to deal with. But it's on the way!

THIS WEEK:
  1. MASTER FB ADS. Watch 10 more videos and decide on an ad strategy.
  2. Buy an Instagram account for my brand and start posting there and in facebook page
  3. Make the store ready to run ads: meaning, checkout experience, how it looks etc.
  4. Find 2 possible influencers to send products.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions? :peace:

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
MID WEEK UPDATE WITH EXCITING NEWS!!!!

AMAZON FINALLY OPENED MY ACCOUNT!!!!! on the moment when I decided to invest all my money in POD.... :D

I got 3 samples of my POD products and they are amazing, I'm in love.
I also recreated the site, optimized copy and theme, it looks legit now.

SO, now is the question.... Amazon or POD.......

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.