What's new

[Progress] Helping 100 People Land New Jobs

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

arobinson04

Contributor
I'm running a new business in the job hunting niche...

Luckily, I connected with @Andy Black shortly after buying the domain name, and he asked me a super insightful question. You can hear that whole story here:

So now, I've set a goal (a pretty audacious one at that) to help 100 people land a job by March 1st, 2019.

Let me quickly recap what's happened thus far:

June 2018:
I bought my domain and posted 3 blog posts.

I spent $48.35 on FB ads, driving 34 visitors to those blog posts.

Email List: 1
Revenue: $0

July 2018:
I don't post anything new to the blog, but I go a bit heavier on the FB ads.

I spent $478.75 on FB ads, driving 977 visitors to those blog posts.

I also start using Quora as a platform to help people and answer questions. My first answer gets 53 "upvotes" and 1 share. I answer a total of 18 questions for month.

Email List: 74
Revenue: $0

August 2018:
I spent $150.35 on FB ads, driving 150 visitors to those blog posts, and resulting in 13 new email subscribers.

I answer 12 questions on Quora, and before the month is over, I'm the top writer in pretty much every category directly related to my niche.

I added a survey on squeeze page to capture some more info from my subscribers. And I start offering a free, 30 minute coaching session.

I also write a small, 15 page ebook based on the problems/struggles mentioned in the survey, and start selling it as a $9.99 trip wire. I sell 3 of these in august.

I also land my first coaching client, who pays me $400 for weekly coaching.

Email List: 326
Revenue: $419

September 2018:
I've written 3 answers on Quora so far. Still the top writer in my categories.

I increased the price of my tripwire from $9.99, to $19.99. I've sold 6 so far this month.

I've continued to do the free 30 minute coaching sessions, but I haven't landed any more customers. I started quoting a price of $499 as opposed to the $399, not sure if that's the barrier. I've done 4 free sessions so far.

I also started experimenting with Quora ads.

I tested one driving directly to a squeeze page (and my autoresponder has a 6 day content only series, followed by a series focused on selling my $19.99 tripwire. There's also an offer for the tripwire immediately after opting in).

I spent $100, and only got 6 email subscribers. Which sucks, because the squeeze page was converting at 27% with the free traffic from Quora.

I also spent $86 sending traffic to a blog post (I've posted two so far this month), and that resulted in 1 new email subscriber.

Email List: 483
Revenue: $150

What's Next
I'm committing right now, to keep this thread updated, because I need a place to document my thoughts, experiments, failures, and progress.

I started a blog back in 2012 that gained a little bit of traction before I let it fizzle out. I don't want this one to go the same way.

You can wish me luck, but I prefer actionable feedback!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
O'n sappoph e pix catopitt op vji kuc japvoph podji...

Madlomz, O duppidvif xovj @Epfz Cmedl tjusvmz egvis cazoph vji funeop peni, epf ji etlif ni e taqis optohjvgam raitvoup. Zua dep jies vjev xjumi tvusz jisi:

Tu pux, O'wi tiv e huem (e qsivvz eafedouat upi ev vjev) vu jimq 100 qiuqmi mepf e kuc cz Nesdj 1tv, 2019.

Miv ni raodlmz sideq xjev't jeqqipif vjat ges:

Kapi 2018:
O cuahjv nz funeop epf qutvif 3 cmuh qutvt.

O tqipv $48.35 up GC eft, fsowoph 34 wotovust vu vjuti cmuh qutvt.

Ineom Motv: 1
Siwipai: $0

Kamz 2018:
O fup'v qutv epzvjoph pix vu vji cmuh, cav O hu e cov jiewois up vji GC eft.

O tqipv $478.75 up GC eft, fsowoph 977 wotovust vu vjuti cmuh qutvt.

O emtu tvesv atoph Rause et e qmevgusn vu jimq qiuqmi epf eptxis raitvoupt. Nz gostv eptxis hivt 53 "aqwuvit" epf 1 tjesi. O eptxis e vuvem ug 18 raitvoupt gus nupvj.

Ineom Motv: 74
Siwipai: $0

Eahatv 2018:
O tqipv $150.35 up GC eft, fsowoph 150 wotovust vu vjuti cmuh qutvt, epf sitamvoph op 13 pix ineom tactdsocist.

O eptxis 12 raitvoupt up Rause, epf cigusi vji nupvj ot uwis, O'n vji vuq xsovis op qsivvz nadj iwisz devihusz fosidvmz simevif vu nz podji.

O effif e taswiz up traiibi qehi vu deqvasi tuni nusi opgu gsun nz tactdsocist. Epf O tvesv uggisoph e gsii, 30 nopavi duedjoph tittoup.

O emtu xsovi e tnemm, 15 qehi icuul cetif up vji qsucmint/tvsahhmit nipvoupif op vji taswiz, epf tvesv timmoph ov et e $9.99 vsoq xosi. O timm 3 ug vjiti op eahatv.

O emtu mepf nz gostv duedjoph dmoipv, xju qezt ni $400 gus xiilmz duedjoph.

Ineom Motv: 326
Siwipai: $419

Tiqvincis 2018:
O'wi xsovvip 3 eptxist up Rause tu ges. Tvomm vji vuq xsovis op nz devihusoit.

O opdsietif vji qsodi ug nz vsoqxosi gsun $9.99, vu $19.99. O'wi tumf 6 tu ges vjot nupvj.

O'wi dupvopaif vu fu vji gsii 30 nopavi duedjoph tittoupt, cav O jewip'v mepfif epz nusi datvunist. O tvesvif rauvoph e qsodi ug $499 et uqqutif vu vji $399, puv tasi og vjev't vji cessois. O'wi fupi 4 gsii tittoupt tu ges.

O emtu tvesvif iyqisonipvoph xovj Rause eft.

O vitvif upi fsowoph fosidvmz vu e traiibi qehi (epf nz eavusitqupfis jet e 6 fez dupvipv upmz tisoit, gummuxif cz e tisoit gudatif up timmoph nz $19.99 vsoqxosi. Vjisi't emtu ep uggis gus vji vsoqxosi onnifoevimz egvis uqvoph op).

O tqipv $100, epf upmz huv 6 ineom tactdsocist. Xjodj tadlt, cideati vji traiibi qehi xet dupwisvoph ev 27% xovj vji gsii vseggod gsun Rause.

O emtu tqipv $86 tipfoph vseggod vu e cmuh qutv (O'wi qutvif vxu tu ges vjot nupvj), epf vjev sitamvif op 1 pix ineom tactdsocis.

Ineom Motv: 483
Siwipai: $150

Xjev't Piyv
O'n dunnovvoph sohjv pux, vu liiq vjot vjsief aqfevif, cideati O piif e qmedi vu fudanipv nz vjuahjvt, iyqisonipvt, geomasit, epf qsuhsitt.

O tvesvif e cmuh cedl op 2012 vjev heopif e movvmi cov ug vsedvoup cigusi O miv ov gobbmi uav. O fup'v xepv vjot upi vu hu vji teni xez.

Zua dep xotj ni madl, cav O qsigis edvoupecmi giifcedl!
Tactdsocif!

Xjev dep zua fu vu hiv NSS gsun vjuti puv qsiqesif vu qez gus duedjoph? (Fof O sief vjev sohjv ev $400/xiil duedjoph?)

Jewi zua vjuahjv ug dsievoph e mux qsodif qeof ineom pixtmivvis?

Vaitfez Tiqvincis 11vj, 2018
11:57QN

O jef e duedjoph demm vupohjv xovj vji dmoipv xju opovoemmz qeof ni vji $400.

Xi'wi jef vjsii tittoupt pux, epf vjiz'wi emm ciip qsivvz tumof.

Tji jef e qjupi opviswoix metv xiil, epf tji huv ep ineom zitvisfez etloph jis vu duni op gus ep op-qistup opviswoix mevis vjot xiil.

Tji't ciip uav ug e kuc gus 11 nupvjt.

Tu piifmitt vu tez, O'n qsivvz iydovif ecuav vji qsuhsitt. Iwip og tji fuitp'v mepf vji kuc, O dep tii jux nadj jis dupgofipdi jet hsuxp, iwip op vji tjusv gix tittoupt xi'wi xuslif vuhivjis.

Xi emtu siwenqif jis MoplifOp qsugomi epf xipv vjsuahj tiwisem nudl opviswoixt vu jimq xovj jis fimowisz. Xi emtu fifodevif jemg ug vufez't tittoup, katv vu dsegvoph vji qisgidv raitvoupt gus jis vu etl vji opviswoixis ev vji ipf ug vji opviswoix.

Tji't tvomm nz upmz duedjoph dmoipv, cav O'n giimoph qsivvz huuf vjev tji duamf ci vji gostv vu mepf e kuc xovj nz jimq et ximm.

O'mm aqfevi vjot et O jewi nusi opgu!

-----

Up vji catopitt tofi. O'n vszoph vu gopf e xez vu siemmz tztvinevobi nz mief hipisevoup. Ov't hsiev hivvoph gsii mieft vjsuahj Rause, cav O'f qsigis vu jewi e siemmz tumof, qsifodvecmi gappim op qmedi.

Vji uff qesv vuu, ot vjev O vjuahjv nusi qiuqmi xuamf ci tohpoph aq gus vji gsii 30 nopavi duedjoph.

Jisi't jux vji gmux ot dassipvmz:
  1. Uqv-op gus vji mief nehpiv (tjuxp vji uggis gus e $19.99 vsoqxosi egvis uqvoph op).
  2. Ipvis ep ineom tisoit vjev dupveopt 5 dupvipv upmz ineomt (vszoph vu caomf vji Lpux, Moli, Vsatv gedvus. O puvodif nutv qiuqmi vjev cuahjv nz $19.99 xisi iyotvoph tactdsocist vjev xipv vjsuahj vji eavu-sitqupfis, et uqqutif vu csepf pix tactdsocist vjev qasdjeti sohjv egvis uqvoph op).
  3. Ipvis ep ineom tisoit vjev dupveopt 3 ineomt ipduasehoph zua vu caz vji $19.99 vsoqxosi
  4. Ipvis ep ineom tisoit vjev dupveopt 4 ineomt tjesoph wemaecmi dupvipv + ipduasehoph zua vu tu tohp aq gus e gsii 30 nopavi duedjoph tittoup.
Tvomm vszoph vu gohasi uav nz piyv tviq.

O jewi vji taswiz feve gsun motv, tu O dep quvipvoemmz dsievi e gix foggisipv mepfoph qehit vjev tactdsocist xomm tii fiqipfoph up vjios taswiz eptxist. Epf iedj mepfoph qehi xuamf tqiel fosidvmz vu vji ottai vjev iedj "cadliv" ot fiemoph xovj...

(Fof O sief vjev sohjv ev $400/xiil duedjoph?)

Vjeplt Epfz!

Ov't edvaemmz $400 qis nupvj. Vjev't gus 2 tittoupt qis xiil.

Epf zit, O ehsii. O piif tunivjoph op civxiip vji $19.99 vsoqxosi, epf vji $399 duedjoph.

O'n vjoploph ug quttocmz vszoph vu "qsufadvobi nz tiswodi".

Gus iyenqmi, nz duedjoph qedlehi ipdunqettit iwiszvjoph O jewi vu uggis. Cav nezci O dep qoidi uav qesvt ug vji duedjoph qedlehi ev e muxis qsodi?

O jewip'v siemmz vjuahjv ecuav e pixtmivvis, cav O jewi vjuahjv ecuav e qeof GC hsuaq...

Miv ni imecusevi.

Vji hsuaq xuamf jewi edditt vu ni, xjisi O cetodemmz dsovorai vji qistup't sitani, MoplifOp qsugomi, eptxist vu Nudl Opviswoix raitvoupt, ivd...

Vji wemai op nz tiswodi, ot vji giifcedl. Tu O'n katv vszoph vu vjopl, jux dep O tdemi vji giifcedl?

Us en O ugg ceti jisi?

Vjeplt Epfz!

Ov't edvaemmz $400 qis nupvj. Vjev't gus 2 tittoupt qis xiil.

Epf zit, O ehsii. O piif tunivjoph op civxiip vji $19.99 vsoqxosi, epf vji $399 duedjoph.

O'n vjoploph ug quttocmz vszoph vu "qsufadvobi nz tiswodi".

Gus iyenqmi, nz duedjoph qedlehi ipdunqettit iwiszvjoph O jewi vu uggis. Cav nezci O dep qoidi uav qesvt ug vji duedjoph qedlehi ev e muxis qsodi?

O jewip'v siemmz vjuahjv ecuav e pixtmivvis, cav O jewi vjuahjv ecuav e qeof GC hsuaq...

Miv ni imecusevi.

Vji hsuaq xuamf jewi edditt vu ni, xjisi O cetodemmz dsovorai vji qistup't sitani, MoplifOp qsugomi, eptxist vu Nudl Opviswoix raitvoupt, ivd...

Vji wemai op nz tiswodi, ot vji giifcedl. Tu O'n katv vszoph vu vjopl, jux dep O tdemi vji giifcedl?

Us en O ugg ceti jisi?
Vitv ov? Gedicuul duamf ci e hsiev qmevgusn gus kuc-tiilist. Gedicuul hsuaqt dep xusl wisz ximm.

Nz qistupem qsigisipdi xjomi miespoph gsun qiuqmi ot vu iphehi xovj vjin upi-vu-upi sevjis vjep op hsuaqt. O emtu jewi pu fitosi vu hsux (us iwip vsz vu hsux) e Gedicuul hsuaq xjisi O vjip jewi vu nepehi ov.

Jimmu tos,

Xjz fup'v zua tvesv e josoph ehipdz?

O ettani zua jewi tuni iyqisoipdi op vji goimf? Tu, og zua xisi vu tvesv e sidsaovnipv ehipdz, jux xuamf zua hu gostv ecuav ov?

Xuamf zua gostv dummidv DW't gsun quvipvoem eqqmodepvt, us dupvedv dunqepoit xovj meshi vaspuwis op tvegg epf hiv e dupvsedv xovj vjin?

Tussz og nz raitvoup ot tmohjvmz ugg vuqod

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom