The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Product designer here to serve and learn

khadush

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
May 29, 2021
India
Hey, everyone my name Rohit. I am currently working as a UX designer in an CRO agency.

I have worked on of different projects to improve the experience of the website as well as conversion.
Now, that I am here I would know what type of problem you are facing regarding design and user experience.

I am not expecting anything else from you just want to know what type of problems people face with their digital product.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mdot

Always Improve.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Dec 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Welcome to the forum!
In my experience working at engineering companies, UX is A) an afterthought so it's not tested early enough on real people, and/or B) it's designed by the same people that design the rest of the product. That can be a problem because the people designing a product already know how it should work.

khadush

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
May 29, 2021
India
Welcome man

Where did you learn UX, and where would you recommend a beginner go to learn?
Thanks for asking this great question.
Lots of other people has asked the same question from me in past so I have jotted down the list of the courses. Which I have taken to learn UX design. Here is the link of that article.

In-case you have any question. Let me know!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

khadush

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
May 29, 2021
India
Welcome to the forum!
In my experience working at engineering companies, UX is A) an afterthought so it's not tested early enough on real people, and/or B) it's designed by the same people that design the rest of the product. That can be a problem because the people designing a product already know how it should work.
Thanks for sharing your perspective. But I didn't understand what are you trying to say?

mdot

Always Improve.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Dec 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for sharing your perspective. But I didn't understand what are you trying to say?
Regarding A: from my limited experience with UX design (a single university course) it's really important to test your design early on real customers, because your initial ideas are probably somewhat wrong. The companies I've worked for wait until their product is 90% done to test it, when things are expensive to change.

Regarding B: If the UX is designed by the person that designed the product, it's easy to assume certain knowledge the user may not have. Those assumptions can make a worse user experience, because the user may not think like an engineer. Even if the target market is engineers, each engineer thinks differently!

Have you come across either of these issues in your career?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...