The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Post-Gym injury

Csanders

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 5, 2013
A couple of months back I injured my left shoulder doing military press (dont ask how, I dont know: probably bad form). Anyhow, after I injured my shoulder I was unable to do most upper-body exercises. A trip down to my local physio revealed that I hadnt damaged my rotator cuff, but had damaged the tendons around the shoulder joint. She performed accupuncture on the affected area and suggested rest. A month later and a few more sessions and I was back to normal.

What is everyones experience with accupuncture? Has there been a difference made from accupuncture or do your injuries heal by rest alone?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I haven't tried it yet and am a bit sceptical. But your post encouraged me to look it into it. I have chronic back pain for 3-4 years now in the upper back, mainly from bad posture. It goes away when I work out regurlary, but due to an injury a few weeks back I can't do that right now, so I'm feeling it as strong as ever right now. Will try to locate a local practitioneer, but I guess it will be too expensive for me here in Switzerland so I'll probably wait until I'm in Germany again.

PopEmersen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 2, 2011
Atlanta, GA, US
Im happy to hear that worked for you. I haven't been able to do a military press in years, when I started lifting I had to have horrible form because I've always had shoulder pain. I may try what you did.

liite

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Nov 2, 2011
I have had acupuncture for my knee before. I was skeptical at first but it worked. Physio wasn't doing much for me my mum suggested acupuncture. She suffers from MS and has it fairly regularly and swears by it. I wouldn't hesitate to have it again to be honest

BogatiGad

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Aug 8, 2012
You need to use nandrolone deca with testosterone enaanthate to recover faster

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
You need to use nandrolone deca with testosterone enanthate to recover faster

No I really don't think taking anabolics is the usual suggested course for recovering from a minor injury. What is your medical background or what are your medical qualifications that would put you in a position to suggest that to someone?

(For gods sake I hope nobody ever takes medical advice from a forum of strangers, do your own due diligence and always consult a medical professional if you have questions about health)

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
A couple of months back I injured my left shoulder doing military press (dont ask how, I dont know: probably bad form).

Are you talking about behind the back military presses???

Csanders

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 5, 2013
Are you talking about behind the back military presses???

Hi Likwid24,

I was regular standing military presses. I could have strained it from a previous exercise and then tried to lift too much weight during a military press, causing minor damage to tendons.

Anyhow, after a few session of physio (acupuncture at every session) and some simple shoulder exercises to build up strength again, I am now lifting more than before.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Yea those injuries take some time to heal. I tore something in my shoulder when I was 25 doing behind the neck presses (I was young and dumb). It took me about 3-4 years for all the pain to go away. Now I feel great. I haven't felt pain in years.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
I've been training a looooong time and I've had many injuries from lifting and from hand to hand combat training. I've had acupuncture and it was great combined with stretching and specific exercises. Military press is hard because it's not really a natural movement we do much in life. If you're gaining strength fairly fast, remember our tendons don't get as strong and as fast as the muscle, which is why a lot of guys tear things. I stay away from behind the neck presses because that is way too stressful on the shoulders...I mean..when would we ever do that movement ?

BogatiGad

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Aug 8, 2012
(For gods sake I hope nobody ever takes medical advice from a forum of strangers, do your own due diligence and always consult a medical professional if you have questions about health)
For gods sake I hope nobody ever ask medical advice from a forum of strangers, do your own due diligence and always consult a medical professional if you have questions about health.

Skys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 20, 2011
The Netherlands
Hi Likwid24,

I was regular standing military presses. I could have strained it from a previous exercise and then tried to lift too much weight during a military press, causing minor damage to tendons.

Anyhow, after a few session of physio (acupuncture at every session) and some simple shoulder exercises to build up strength again, I am now lifting more than before.

Well. If it was too heavy you couldn't even get the weight up. Ever failed at the bench press or overhead press? Your body shuts down and refuses to do one bit more.

"Regular standing military press" doesn't say much about your technique.

you can learn a lot from this guy: [video=youtube;GJFjYyA40ss]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJFjYyA40ss[/video]

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
has anyone here cured long term wrist sprains?

What do you guys think of Tim Ferris's advice on fixing shoulders through active-release technique (ART)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.