The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Post all of your ideas and random problems you’ll never execute on...

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Products can absolutely be built to last. But it’ll cost 5x the price and most people buy cheap. Except when we don’t… like my Vitamix blender. It can power a lawnmower! That shit will outlast anything.

Just remember that globalization and consumerism created a desire to keep changing products. If something lasts 20 years but doesn’t fit the decor of your hope in 3 years…
I have 2 Vitamix. One is at least 10 years old and works perfectly. The other I bought for the office.

I think if you are to make a product that is built to last, and charge accordingly, you have to choose carefully so the design doesn't go to far out of style, or maybe style doesn't matter so much. Like my Webber grill.

FIFL

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Feb 17, 2015
Instead of an app I was thinking of a real life version of an digital alarm clock except there would be about 12-16 digits that count down in seconds. The clock is meant to be a motivational tool. It was an idea from the unscripted book that I’ll paraphrase: if you had a clock that you saw everyday that counted down to the day you die, how would you act differently?
found one :(

I have uncovered it is very hard to find a good application to track workouts. I find fiddling with my phone when in the gym is far too annoying and I always seem to go back to paper notebook.

There's a secondary problem that if you want to change your workout plan, structure, record additional information etc, most apps are too rigid to support. Ive even tried google sheets to track it and it's just too user unfriendly.

A tertiary problem is that fiddling with your phone can be a distraction.

hasagim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Jul 11, 2022
I think we need a random off topic chat thread where we just dump all of our half fleshed out ideas that we will never do anything with and discuss them, things that are not worthy of an INE or their own thread.

Why? Maybe someone from the forum will solve your problem for you. Maybe you’ll find a half baked idea you can develop into something.

I’ll start with mine:
- Uber for freight, there’s a massive shortage of freight drivers right now, how about someone with a Ute/truck can just do bulk local b2b deliveries for warehouses like an Uber.
- people with Crohn’s disease sometimes have to do these strict diets where they only eat these shakes, they do this for months and they only have 3 flavours. I think this is the case anyway I don’t have crohns but I remember a workmate doing it years ago and complaining there was only 3 flavours, how to spot an idea 101.
- a phone charger cable that’s some kind of folding circuit board that folds up shaped like a credit card. Definitely doable with the new thin connectors and the usb that are just the flat board part of it.
- a print on demand 3D printing business that prints peoples custom in game characters from games like RuneScape, this is probably the best of these ideas, it would make a huge business if it was done well
- when houses are auctioned people have to get a house inspection before they bid because they can’t do it after they bid, this can get really expensive if you lose a bunch of auctions and is so inefficient. Set up a business that inspects every house being auctioned and just resells the same inspection to anyone interested. Even better if you just pay a share to someone who’s had an inspection done there already and gives it to you to resell to recoup some money.
- yoga mat covers like towels that slip over the mat, cool patterns, washable, grippy. I think I’ve started seeing these now but still an idea.

That’s all I’ve got, hopefully some others a willing to share theirs.

It doesn’t matter how terrible they are just share them here it’s what it’s for.

I was shopping at a local grocery store with my girlfriend when we got those "would you like to donate" popups at the checkout. I wanted to help out because it seemed like the popup was for a good cause when my girlfriend stopped me, saying stuff like "that money never actually goes to the charity and instead the grocery store."

This really stuck with me as it made me more compelled to donate to a charity simply because I wanted to support even the smallest amount to a cause I really care about. I believe that there are many also like me who want to support a good cause every so often but find it a little inconvenient to go out of their way to.

I've been sitting on this idea for a little bit and would like someone's advice on whether or not it would be good.

An awareness app that alerts you of good causes around the world to support everytime you make a purchase. Much like the alerts you get at a grocery store that tell you to donate to their fund but more mobile and the money actually goes to the good cause.

For example, let's say Suzy bought a coffee from starbucks.

The app would notify provide the following message through her notifications:

Hey [Suzy], your [$6.13] purchase from [Starbucks] has gone through.

According to Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO), about 1,000 sea turtles die annually from digesting plastic.

Would you like to round up 87 cents towards the TeamSeas ocean clean up campaign?

Suzy, now more aware of the problems surrounding the world around her, is more likely to click on the notification and donate 87 cents towards the campaign.

With more and more payment methods designed around our phones like apple pay and banking apps, privacy issues would not pose too much of a problem.

As an additional bonus, increased consumerism is taking over the world. This may help people be more aware of their purchasing habits. I haven't looked into it but I think a yearly total of money donated could go in as a tax write-off??

From a business standpoint, I'm unsure of how one would profit off of an app like this.
I understand that the app acorns kind of does the same thing but invests the money in the stock market and charges a subscription fee, but to be honest I'm not looking at the idea from a pure profit standpoint. In The Great Rat Race Escape , MJ mentions the "billionaire thought experiment" as a way to find a purpose, and I feel like creating an app like this is something I would do purely because I think it'll benefit the world.

At the same time, I'm still struggling to get out of mediocrity and start providing value and making money and wonder if I should try to focus on an idea that would first get me past the slowlane.

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
Local sawmill finds it challenging to get rid of sawdust. Wood chips are valuable and in demand, dust not so much. Someone should compress the sawdust into pellets or logs so it can be burned to heat houses.

Can not relate to wood chips being in high demand. Us Tree Service's are always looking to get rid of our wood chips for free. Our industries current solution? A company called Chipdrop. Where sometimes you have to pay to dump the woodchips.

DarkZero

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Jun 29, 2013
I live in a large city that has about 3 axe throwing places within a few miles of me. One of them has a trailer sitting in their parking lot with 2 axe throwing boards inside separated by a barrier for just that purpose.
My neighbor recently ordered one of these services for a party. Trailer with axe throwing got dropped off in the driveway. Digital screens inside. Lighting. Basically a party on wheels. Really cool set up.

Powered by an F150 powerboost.

$$$

MurphysOneStop

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 26, 2022
Braxton, MS
Universal health file. Even in a small country like Belgium, the health files are either not digitized and still on paper or they are using a different database. Everytime I move I need to request my medical history file and take it to my new doctor. Even the hospitals are not linked, same deal, need to take the documents on paper, or request my old doctor/hospital to transfer it to another hospital. And thats in a small country like Belgium, good luck when you are on vacation in Thailand and need an urgent operation.

Thought a lot on this idea a couple years back, but too much for me to handle alone.
I've thought of this for the U.S.! It never made sense why they ask inane questions when they could just reference a physical database.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

General JB2006

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 30, 2022
- Weed Vending Machine
- Healthy Snack Vending Machine
- Lotion to remove callus
- Glow in the dark escape puzzle room
- Salt water float spa
- store that Renta beach gear near beaches
- Supplement that gets rid of seasonal-depression
- Heat reactive tinted windows, the windows will tint when in sunlight
- Death clock, clock that counts down to your death in seconds
- Uber for hauling horses or cattle
- dating app for ugly people, ban any attractive people that go there
- Faucet soap dispenser, soap mixes in with water when rinsing hands with a press of a button

You’re welcome
The heat reactive tint windows are very possible. My dad has a pair of glasses that work as a normal pair of glasses and it darkens when it is too bright.

DuncDad

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 8, 2016
My two pennies worth:
- A commercial cafe coffee machine that's quiet and quick. I don't know how people sit in cafes with all hissing, banging, splurting racket those awful machines make. It's like trying to relax in a steam train factory. I say bring back instant coffee!
- A plank, or something to fix all the wretched tv/hifi/whatever remotes to so you can't loose them. 'Where's the f**king dibber gone!!' Also make it glow in the dark.
Hi Leo,
Having owned a cafe in the past, I agree with the first one 100%. The Nespresso Commercial machines use a pod-type arrangement, at least that makes the grinding noise, usually, the worst noise, go away.
I would also add that if I did a cafe again, there would only be 2 sizes and 2 colours and 1 milk. Say no to the double decaf cappuccino with a twist of lemon!

DuncDad

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 8, 2016
Create some kind of mountable horn that you can attach to the back of your car where you can wirelessly activate it to tell those that are following too closely behind you to go piss off.
Here in Australia, when the police first got LED signs on the roof, they had the ability to type in custom messages - let's just say that was abused and now they only have preset messages :)

DuncDad

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 8, 2016
I like this idea. I have sold without a RE agent every property I have owned. The last one was listed with an agent for a very long time because I was otherwise occupied, and finally I advertised on a Sale By Owner site and sold the property within a few weeks.

For the sale of one of my properties, not only did I advertise and sell it privately, but I also purchased a guide to DIY the conveyancing process, and that went through very smoothly. Such a guide could be a worthwhile bonus on such a site.

Walter
Real estate on the blockchain will come. :cool:
All relevant documents and transactions happening on-chain. no agents, no legals, and potentially not even banks will be required. The greatest barrier to this is the Govt legislations around property ownership

DuncDad

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 8, 2016
I call it the 'Fischer Switch'

How many times do cars have nose-to-tail accidents crawling along in traffic. Half the reason is a lack of small movement perception of the drivers. SO without going into all the physics and psych it's as simple as slight change of logic in the cars.

This is even easier nowadays as the electronics are already on board, just need to have a slightly different logic for use. It is even more relevant for EVs with regenerative braking

• Traditionally. - Cars brake lights are triggered my a micro-switch on the brake pedal, foot on brake = lights on
  • My Idea - brake lights triggered when driver removes foot from throttle. Nearly all modern cars have a throttle position sensor built in, for older cars could be a simple retro-fit of a micro-switch on the throttle pedal. So whenever foot is off the throttle, brake lights ON - effectively making them deceleration lights
Let me know if you can get this into car safety standards. Insurance companies should also push for this as it would dramatically decrease accidents. I couldn't find a way to get $$ from this idea

@DuncDad

Joejordan95

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Sep 12, 2021
U.K
Sadly, these days there is nothing to 'produce', the electronics are already in the cars. A few lines of code is about all it would take. Legislation would be the impetus for change
that’s a fair point!

I’m back to square one with you then lol

Time to get the legislation passed

TheJon

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 7, 2022
Philadelphia PA - USA
My idea is to make an app that would send you an email with a summary of websites, forums, blogs, news apps or even YouTube channels that you follow. It could be just an email with titles and links to them so you will know what happened everywhere you follow. In the case of blogs and news apps, it could make a summary of the text.
You will get this email every morning and be ready to go.
What do you think, would you use something like that?
Outlook sorta does this within outlook. I like it in that scenario, not sure how much I click on the content but I do browse it. So maybe a larger outside application would be cool

Anastasia Kam

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 15, 2020
I think we need a random off topic chat thread where we just dump all of our half fleshed out ideas that we will never do anything with and discuss them, things that are not worthy of an INE or their own thread.

Why? Maybe someone from the forum will solve your problem for you. Maybe you’ll find a half baked idea you can develop into something.

I’ll start with mine:
- Uber for freight, there’s a massive shortage of freight drivers right now, how about someone with a Ute/truck can just do bulk local b2b deliveries for warehouses like an Uber.
- people with Crohn’s disease sometimes have to do these strict diets where they only eat these shakes, they do this for months and they only have 3 flavours. I think this is the case anyway I don’t have crohns but I remember a workmate doing it years ago and complaining there was only 3 flavours, how to spot an idea 101.
- a phone charger cable that’s some kind of folding circuit board that folds up shaped like a credit card. Definitely doable with the new thin connectors and the usb that are just the flat board part of it.
- a print on demand 3D printing business that prints peoples custom in game characters from games like RuneScape, this is probably the best of these ideas, it would make a huge business if it was done well
- when houses are auctioned people have to get a house inspection before they bid because they can’t do it after they bid, this can get really expensive if you lose a bunch of auctions and is so inefficient. Set up a business that inspects every house being auctioned and just resells the same inspection to anyone interested. Even better if you just pay a share to someone who’s had an inspection done there already and gives it to you to resell to recoup some money.
- yoga mat covers like towels that slip over the mat, cool patterns, washable, grippy. I think I’ve started seeing these now but still an idea.

That’s all I’ve got, hopefully some others a willing to share theirs.

It doesn’t matter how terrible they are just share them here it’s what it’s for.
The first thing that comes to mind is an app that organizes photos into categories as soon as you take them. You decide how many categories you'll have (ex family, friends, work, documents) and as soon as you 'click' a pop up shows with these categories and you just tap the one you want the photo you took to file itself into. Think how many people would use it since now they can have an album ex. family to go directly and print them. The last photo albums each of us have (90% at least) are before smartphone-era.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
There are many investment subscription services online. Bloomberg news, Reuters, and all various form of etf scanner, historical price data service provider..

I wonder if there is a broker who can provide a bundling services.

That I pay for everything that is available and get a massive discount.

Sharing feature as a premium available but no more than three ip address allowed per account, solving the netflix acc sharing issue.

shayfer

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2023
Alabama
Google "mobile mechanics".

There is also a company called your mechanic, or maybe it's your mobile mechanic, and if they operate in your town, they'll just send a guy out to you.

My understanding is, setting yourself up as a company like this to take advantage of your mechanics network also is not difficult...
I did see a few when I google'd it before I posted. (I should've titled my post ideas I had 15+ years ago and never moved forward on) Specifically, the yourmechanic one. Might be room for better execution on that one. They do have 2K cities it looks like.

You are right that it might not be too difficult to take advantage of a mechanics network to setup. I think secondary cities and smaller might make more sense vs the huge ones. Could even do car/truck repairs and farm equipment as well.

Last edited:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Parts for cars, which are originally made of steel and corroded at nearly every car and no more available. Than made of different materials like fiberglas or any suitable.

Last edited:

farahead

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Feb 25, 2023
Slovakia
In any city except NYC people complain you can’t get food 24/7. So a company that can somehow deliver some good food options 24/7
id love a restaurant where you just say what foods you dont like, allergic foods and what foods you like, and what would you like to eat, and they will give u food based on your inputs, so you dont have to choose something in the menu and then wonder if it was best decision, the only problem i see is with pricing

Eric L

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Nov 9, 2015
Nairobi
Years back my first idea was an app that could tell how packed a gym was in real time. Stopped working on it because I was a complete beginner in coding.

Other app ideas I have are the same concept but for different places. e.g How long lines are at a airport, drive-thru, restaurant etc.

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
Years back my first idea was an app that could tell how packed a gym was in real time. Stopped working on it because I was a complete beginner in coding.

Other app ideas I have are the same concept but for different places. e.g How long lines are at a airport, drive-thru, restaurant etc.
Great ideas dude

StepBow

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 4, 2023
USA
Most of us have some ideas that we never executed and don’t plan on ever executing.

Got some of your own? List them in this thread.

Why should you do this?
Maybe someone else will solve those problems for you. Or maybe you will find some ideas that you can execute. It’s a win-win for all.

Here are some ideas that I never executed and (most probably) never will -
- An app/platform where normal people or small filmmakers can create and post their own tv-series and movies.
- An app that gifts you points for completing good habits daily like waking up early, reading 20 pages, etc. These rewards can later be redeemed for gift vouchers and other stuff.
- A social media dedicated to Entrepreneurship. It is something like this forum, but like a proper social media platform where people can interact and share ideas. It is in no way similar to LinkedIn.
- An app that tells you about famous apps for any particular country. For example: If I select France, it will show me the famous apps in France for different categories like taxi booking, metro apps, food reservation, online shopping, etc.
- A social media influencer marketing platform where we can chat with influencers and do marketing with them. Like pay them to promote posts on their account, etc.

Your reason for not implementing ideas might be anything from not having enough time, money, fear of failing or something else.

We all go through this, so don’t be hesitant.

Share your ideas below. It’s time to get creative
My friends dad was a long distance trucker and now just does local routes but at truck stops he would pay decent money to shower and eat and he complained about how shitty they were. I bet luxury truck stops that were well maintained could do well in a bigger city. Like say if you could buy a pass for 500$ a month and there was a gym, clean showers/toilets, healthy food, and other entertainment people would be down to pay that much.

svekk1

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jul 9, 2022
Sounds like a promising idea, but it requires quite a large initial investment for rent and construction of these centres.
I think as well that this is good. Not sure about how many of the truck drivers would pay for it. Huge costs if you want to build several locations. With one location to start, not that much (but still a lot for normal people).

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Most of us have some ideas that we never executed and don’t plan on ever executing.

We already have a thread like this and don't need another.

Your post has been merged into the existing thread.

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
We already have a thread like this and don't need another.

Your post has been merged into the existing thread.
It's alright. I don't know how I missed this already existing thread.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Here you go, create a similar sweater...

Here's your competition, LOL. What a joke.

1687971123144.png

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Seed oil free sauces and condiments

Advertise on all the health and carnivore pages

Blows my mind you go to the organic store and there’s a sauce for $15 claiming it’s organic and you look and the main ingredient is canola oil

Someone will genuinely build an 8 figure company in this space and it’s not even hard, will it be you? I’m tempted

Who was the guy who made the low fodmap sauces on the forum? Does anyone remember?

Last edited:

Dockid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Aug 23, 2022
I would if someone created a library of famous tv shows / movies with all the nudity blurred out. I've watched a couple of Sopranos episodes and its very entertaining but there is way to many scenes of nude strippers.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.