The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Post all of your ideas and random problems you’ll never execute on...

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Hmm, since I'm not from the US, there is potential for such a platform in my country Pakistan.

So yeah, a cameo.com lookalike, but in other countries. The need is psychological and not cultural. Seems like a good business idea to execute on.

I remember when I was preparing the pitch deck, the idea kept refining and refining. So creative folks can do something really good with it.
Taking anything successful and copying it in Pakistan is going to be a good idea.

There’s a company in I think it’s Germany that just copied eBay, Airbnb and Craigslist etc in German and is worth 8 figures

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mirandawrites

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 19, 2023
I actually keep a document where I come up with ideas like this haha. A lot of them actually end up existing already but here are some that made the cut:

Otterhands- Gloves that work well in winter and let you do things like hand tighten a screw or write with a pen. My current design is to have 1 or 3 motors and 3 heating wires circulating warm air over the exposed fingertips of the gloves. The thumb index and middle finger are exposed but the rest of the glove is covered. the back of the 3 exposed fingers houses the wires and channels the air through exit vents curved towards the fingertips. Lithium Ion power source thats housed on the forearm.

Glassesreader- Heads up display like some cars have but its for text. Lets you read in bed and since its has its own lighting source you can read in bed and not disturb the person next to you. Adjustable contrast for reading in sunlight.

Carveyorbelt: Park your car on a vertical belt and save on horizontal space as a city.

Fallsaver: A pop up fall cushion that you can set up anywhere and store easily.

Eurojanek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Oct 9, 2020
In 2004 I was finishing my Masters degree in Warsaw, there was a bunch of nice people studying with me, from all corners of the country. I thought it's a shame that we most likely don't get to see each other anymore, so I set to create a website for us to hang out. Made a website in html, even used pictures of my fellow students for mockup accounts to visualise the idea (must still have the website somewhere on my old hard drive). But then I gave up because my lack of html programming skills :)

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
As a 12-year old kid I dreamt up of self-service supermarkets and even created a business plan for it. Many people laughed at it back then, but today they are a reality (unfortunately I didn't take action on it due to lack of capital and inability to secure funding). It taught me an important lesson – to focus on ideas I can get the capital for easily, whether because I own it, or I have the right connections to get it.
That’s awesome dude.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
A dashboard that tracks how much you're spending on software vs how often you actually use it.

I've wasted thousands of dollars on software that I forgot to cancel. And bigger companies are wasted much more on their software spend. For example, in cloud computing, a half trillion dollar annual industry with double digit annual growth, I've read estimates that 30% of the money is wasted. So there's billions of dollars of opportunity right there.

Companies do things like pay for bigger servers than they need, buy redundant six figure software that solves the same problem because different teams don't talk to each other, or they buy huge software solution packages when they only need 5% of the functionality.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Someone needs to come up with some type of storage container for high altitudes that can increase the lifespan of mushrooms. I eat of ton of them, and as soon as I open the package, they are bad 2 days later.

Now if you're thinking this has been solved; no it hasn't—despite the marketing claims.

PS: Yes, we've tried the paper lunch bag, does nothing.

Kaan Gullu

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jan 4, 2022
Uber for garbage. Someone on call to take out the trash.
Uber for garbage. Someone on call to take out the

- Weed Vending Machine
- Healthy Snack Vending Machine
- Lotion to remove callus
- Glow in the dark escape puzzle room
- Salt water float spa
- store that Renta beach gear near beaches
- Supplement that gets rid of seasonal-depression
- Heat reactive tinted windows, the windows will tint when in sunlight
- Death clock, clock that counts down to your death in seconds
- Uber for hauling horses or cattle
- dating app for ugly people, ban any attractive people that go there
- Faucet soap dispenser, soap mixes in with water when rinsing hands with a press of a button

You’re welcome
The death clock idea has been done a lot of times by cheesy poorly made mobile apps and gets old really quick. If it's a joke no problem but i highly highly doubt it'll work

Herschel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Feb 15, 2022
Instead of an app I was thinking of a real life version of an digital alarm clock except there would be about 12-16 digits that count down in seconds. The clock is meant to be a motivational tool. It was an idea from the unscripted book that I’ll paraphrase: if you had a clock that you saw everyday that counted down to the day you die, how would you act differently?
What a great idea ivan, i am going to implement it, also we can put it on our mobile phone or laptop wallpapers

starttoday123

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 7, 2022
USA
I started writing out my top 10 business ideas 3 years ago every morning, and unfortunately I now have thousands of pages scattered all over the place, some in paper and some in the cloud files. It is a nightmare, plus confusing because I have so many ideas now I have no clue which ones to work on!

I rally started getting ideas when I started reading old classic mail order books that focused on direct response ads, classifieds and full page ads in newspapers and magazines. Going to local book sales and browsing old business books really hit some chords for me for long lost concepts no one talks about anymore.
I appreciate your recommendation to look in business books etc. for good ideas, thanks!

I can so relate to trying to organize notes too haha I keep ideas in a note on my phone and I barely had the patience to decode all of my jumbled words the other day and realized I lost maybe 20% of the ideas because I had no idea what my notes meant.

Do you/anyone think it’s helpful to throw mud at the wall and see if you can make money for bad ideas just for the sake of executing and achieving the goal/skill of making money from an idea? Or on the other hand do you think it’s better to only take action on ideas you see actually being fast lane opportunities? I ask because my guess is I’ve had a discipline problem but in the past I’ve taken action on ideas in hindsight I’ve known are not fast lane.

Hanabi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Jan 22, 2022
Florida
These are such good ones!

That’s so true about customization. Body type customization, skin tone customization.

I had the problem with not being able to find cool toned makeup literally anywhere and I found in the reviews on Sephora for Fenty cool Amber bronzer (one of the only true cool bronzers at Sephora) there are *so* many people complaining about how hard it is to find a good cool toned bronzer. So that seems like definitely a strong problem to solve.
@start123 Aww, you're cool toned also!

You're spot on with Fenty. I would go as far as saying they are the only mainstream having it. I only found one other brand called Salt New York that has a cool toned "bronzer". They call it "contour" instead. That's it for the American market. Is your skin tone in the pale to light medium range? If so, you might want to look at Korean makeup brands. They make a good amount of cool toned color makeup that has dominated my makeup collection. If you want to know more about which brands and where to get them, PM me.

For any one else reading that may be interested in pursuing this venture, look at Korean makeup brands for inspiration, like Rom&nd, Etude House, and Holika Holika, for creating good cool toned eyeshadow palette color combinations and lip colors. Make sure the colors are more pigmented for the Western market. When it comes to color theory, people with warm tone coloring will be either spring or autumn seasons; and people with cool tone coloring will be either summer or winter. Warm toned people can get away with wearing cool toned colors without looking to horrendous; they just look ashy or overwhelmed. For cool toned people, if we wear warm toned bronzer, it looks like dirt on the face instead of a sunny glow. Also, if we dye our hair too warm, our hair looks like a wig in photos; and if we wear warm toned clothing, our under eyes look darker and tired-looking.

starttoday123

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 7, 2022
USA
Would the peel pad cover all the skin concerns an individual would have? I don't know if that's doable from a cosmetic chemist's perspective. What company are you referring to that owns the market and for what trademarked technology? The reason I'm asking is because my fastlane venture is in the skincare industry, and I want to be aware of everything that's going on in the industry. No stones left unturned.

Oh nice! They are the Dr. Dennis Gross Daily Peel Pads (and there are 3 strength levels you can select from) This Is the Number-One Top-Selling Peel at Sephora—and Countless Celebs are Fans.

From my limited scientific knowledge on skincare, they address a ton of issues because there are two steps with two peel pads separately packaged in one daily treatment. You apply the first and wait 2 minutes and then use the second pad. I'm copying and pasting the ingredients here:
Step 1:
Water, Alcohol Denat. (SD Alcohol 40-B), Glycolic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Salicylic Acid*, Polysorbate 20, Lactic Acid, Mandelic Acid, Malic Acid, Citric Acid, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Soy Isoflavones, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Glycerin, Copper PCA, Zinc PCA, Lecithin, Alcohol, Polysorbate 80, Disodium EDTA, Menthone Glycerin Acetal, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate. *Exfoliant.

Step 2:
Water, Sodium Bicarbonate, Resveratrol, Retinol, Ascorbic Acid, Ubiquinone, Phospholipids, Adenosine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Soy Isoflavones, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Copper PCA, Sodium PCA, Zinc PCA, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Octoxynol-9, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate.

KeithWallace

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jun 7, 2018
I've actually done a lot of research for mocktail/soda bar concept for Mormon-country in the US. There was a British mocktail product that came across my feed a couple times called Seedlip. I just checked them out again and their website has a list of bars/retail that stock their products...so this might be a list of bars in your area that can serve a decent mocktail: Locate Seedlip
Very interesting @CharlesFinley. I'd never heard of Seedlip before but I'll look out for them.

A bit off-topic, but their 'Our Story' page on their website reads like they've worked through an MJ book step-by-step!
- Identified market need
- Identified specific target market (sophisticated non-drinkers)
- 2 years of development before any market feedback
- exponential sales growth within days (productocracy)
- started off in a small kitchen, now expanding out to multiple offices (much like, say, a vegan soup manufacturer ;))
- Their ethos makes you want to support the small independent producer rather than the giant drinks corporation.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Love this idea however I think it already exists, I remember seeing something like this a few years ago, however the name escapes me.
Thomasnet? Or is there one with the real UI like Baba has?

There is huge potential here, and I know the ins and outs really well, plus some value skew to incorporate another (potentially bigger) market... Just need a technical partner... ;)

Jadus

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 21, 2020
Thailand
Create some kind of mountable horn that you can attach to the back of your car where you can wirelessly activate it to tell those that are following too closely behind you to go piss off.
I used to have a CB radio. Mine didn't have it but some came with a PA function. You could just turn the loudspeaker around I suppose.

I've long had the idea of a programmable LED sign board that can be mounted in your back window so that you could push a button to send a message like "BACK OFF!". Both ideas would probably instigate road rage though and made illegal.

Rafael Gervásio

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 27, 2020
Not quite the answer you are looking for,
but it occurred to me today an initial way to try to come up with good ideas
(perhaps revolutionary).
It is answering the following question:
What can I do to solve something that seems difficult,
or even impossible to do?

Let me give you an example:
1) Learn a new language in 1 week.

2) Fix a flat tire, without having to change it for the spare tire.

3) Remember where I left my car keys, wallet, credit card, etc.
That's a great idea!

It's problem solving based approach

Jadus

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 21, 2020
Thailand
As for not executing, I hear you. It’s like how MJs books emphasize how ideas are useless if not executed. Thanks for the rec, I’m going to look into those bags instead of jars. Also I actually found some peanut butter jar mixing devices on Amazon that have sold quite a few with good reviews so that’s a sign there’s a market if someone made a similar one with value skews https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VY3LSLC/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20
Thanks for the link. That's a pretty simple device. I was actually thinking of something powered, like one of those hand blenders. It would have to operate at a slower speed of course and have a tool like that one to do the mixing.

As for the bags of peanut butter, they're made locally here in Thailand. I've never seen them in the states and I was looking for peanut butter when I was there last November. That may be a value skew right there.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
invent the "hyper-diaper", which has something that changes color on the outside when it's wet on the inside.
omg that’s actually cool.
Turns out it’s already there. Better execution could grab some of the pie.

As for the tshirts, I meant actually color changing not heat induced/ water based. Tap of a button on your phone - change - color type of t shirt

nvedia

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 29, 2019
I have 50 healthy snack vending machines in Phoenix, Las Vegas and Salt Lake City, and growing quickly. They pay very well when you put them in the right locations. It turns out people would rather eat healthier snacks/beverages, but they aren't widely available and convenient as the unhealthy options.
Thats great
I was also looking to get into vending machine around my area
Do we need to go with big names like lyonsvending.com . Any recommendations for East Coast on how to get started?

Leo Hartas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
May 17, 2018
United Kingdom
I love to have an NEWS app that automatically disallows and blocks any corporate media source. In other words, a news app devoid of CNN FOX WAPO GUARDIAN and all the other usual propaganda narrative framing outlets. Sources from citizen and independent journalists and small business are only allowed.

I’d download and subscribe in a heartbeat.
Totally, I would use this... or would I? I used to read the Guardian every day, then Covid turned up and the level of lying became so comical I started watching alternative news sites like Brand New Tube. Then, I just stopped that too. I don't know why but a switch flipped in my head that turned off ALL interest in news. I guess I became fed up with all the grim stressy misery which I can't do anything about.

So with that in mind here's an idea.. a news service that is tailored to individuals that distils the news down to only items that have a direct actionable impact for that person. Would probably end up being about three things a year.. like save a few $ changing electric supplier.

sigmapreneur

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 11, 2020
Pre-roll blunts
What Are the Best Blunt Wraps for Serious Weed Smokers?

the difference is I can do something with this. The execution is easy enough. In my local cannabis market, I don't see any products like this. Its mostly pre-roll joints.

Bramxq

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Oct 24, 2017
Netherlands
Door to door cleaning shoes.

I hate dirty shoes and many people don´t care about it, just for the reason that last thing they want to do at the evening is to clean their shoes. And usually it´s necessary thing to do every day.
I wonder if people would take a subscription on this. I use a window cleaning service each 6-8 weeks as I cant get to the top of my windows.

Lets say door to door cleaning shoes each 6-8 weeks. Removing the sweaty smell out of the sole and making them look like new.

You can also cooperate with sneaker stores so they sell your service as a warranty, or people can gift the shoe cleaning service to someone else.

For example: Nike air forces smell like crap after wearing them a full day. The sweat will get into the shoe sole.

Steveanthony999

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Dec 2, 2020
I can so relate to trying to organize notes too haha I keep ideas in a note on my phone and I barely had the patience to decode all of my jumbled words the other day and realized I lost maybe 20% of the ideas because I had no idea what my notes meant.
I have an app idea that might remedy this…

Basically it’s like a file structure, but instead of files and folders, they’re indexes, categories, subcategories, etc. Each item gets more detailed the further down the tree you go…

Health
- Diet
-Fasting
-Item to perform action on (calendar, reminder, notification, etc
-More fruits and veggies

-Exercise
-Cardio
-Flexibility
-Yoga
-Strength

Wealth
-Business
-Investing
…etc etc etc

Make that data in a CRUD app that’s completely customizable and fully featured

Feuertaufe

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 26, 2021
Germany
- indestructible jeans (crotch)
- indestructible shoes (heel) I have heel spur
- importing Parmesan from Italy in big packs directly to the customer
- micro greens
- one software for all your passwords, automatically generated would be nice
- airbnb in mountains eyecatching places (hiking trails)
- online plattform with languages, starting with most difficult ones like german
- something to turn rain water which is falling on your house into electricity like with the gutter, sewage system
- smart home connecting everything with your smartphone, heating, water, fridge, bathtub, post, door, cameras etc
- import export online shops for getting high quality products from producer directly to customer. in Big packs, annual stock...

Olivier20

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jun 23, 2022
I have 50 healthy snack vending machines in Phoenix, Las Vegas and Salt Lake City, and growing quickly. They pay very well when you put them in the right locations. It turns out people would rather eat healthier snacks/beverages, but they aren't widely available and convenient as the unhealthy options.
Question for you : are battery operated vending machines something that would have a market for ? Like something you could install somewhere far from any power source. Would it have any interest ?

Keeton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 17, 2021
Phoenix, AZ
Question for you : are battery operated vending machines something that would have a market for ? Like something you could install somewhere far from any power source. Would it have any interest ?
Hey Oliver, sorry I just saw your post. Yes I think that's something I would be willing buy. That way I could move the vending machines to carnivals and events and not need to worry about needing to find a power source for them. I would definitely buy it if the cost is in the 2,000-3,000 Dollar range. Right now I buy all my new machines for $1,500 so I'd be willing to pay extra for a battery powered machine.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.