The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

(possible) Oportunity for product needed for work

Idea threads

MaxinVegas

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Dec 3, 2018
Sin City, NV
I need a replacement of a product for work that is no longer made. What dominates the market is too big for the space and the only comparable product is as well too big. I'm pretty confident (through experience) what I need many others will as well. The question is, where is the best place to get a blueprint/mockup done that could be sent to production/prototype after a test on the web if it is worth persuing. In the past I had mock ups done on fiverr/upwork. But this is a little more complicated and the final user will be a mix of price sensitive and non-price sensitive sellers. There is also an opportunity to have 2 different models at the start due to demands of the industry.

Any advice on getting these two designs done?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
I understand that you may not wish to share details, but this is not specific enough to answer.

EngineerThis

Accelerate your New Product Launch!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI
I need a replacement of a product for work that is no longer made. What dominates the market is too big for the space and the only comparable product is as well too big. I'm pretty confident (through experience) what I need many others will as well. The question is, where is the best place to get a blueprint/mockup done that could be sent to production/prototype after a test on the web if it is worth persuing. In the past I had mock ups done on fiverr/upwork. But this is a little more complicated and the final user will be a mix of price sensitive and non-price sensitive sellers. There is also an opportunity to have 2 different models at the start due to demands of the industry.

Any advice on getting these two designs done?
Frankly, I have a mechanical engineering degree, 6 years in product and tooling design. And access to Solidworks 3D! I'd be happy to help you!

MaxinVegas

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Dec 3, 2018
Sin City, NV
I understand that you may not wish to share details, but this is not specific enough to answer.
I have to replace a piece of bar equipment, I have the specs of what is currently there. The closest thing I have been able to find is too big and about 10x more expensive than other options (which are also too big). its a niche product, however is very useful due to being ergonomic in tight bar areas. I have all specs and ideas, need it designed and have to figure a cost to produce it.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Remember people may not be able to do it for you but know people who might.

This is a great place to look.

Could even call small engineering firms I'm sure they have relationships.

Everyone will think "that's kinda random" and then will probably be able to help you in some way. "I actually know a bar equipment manufacturer they would like to speak with you I'm friends with the owner"

It's a small, small world out there.

EngineerThis

Accelerate your New Product Launch!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI
I have to replace a piece of bar equipment, I have the specs of what is currently there. The closest thing I have been able to find is too big and about 10x more expensive than other options (which are also too big). its a niche product, however is very useful due to being ergonomic in tight bar areas. I have all specs and ideas, need it designed and have to figure a cost to produce it.
Check my reply above, designed many prototypes! And dealt with many machine shops

MaxinVegas

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Dec 3, 2018
Sin City, NV
Remember people may not be able to do it for you but know people who might.

This is a great place to look.

Could even call small engineering firms I'm sure they have relationships.

Everyone will think "that's kinda random" and then will probably be able to help you in some way. "I actually know a bar equipment manufacturer they would like to speak with you I'm friends with the owner"

It's a small, small world out there.
Thanks for the advice

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
For 20 years I ran my industrial chemical business which involved industrial troubleshooting. I visited countless factories and although my problem solving usually resulted in selling a formula that I designed for the company that I was helping, I often saw that the problem was an engineering issue, so
I pointed it out at no charge.

If I knew what equipment you are looking for I might be able to help. You can message me if you want it kept confidential.

Walter

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.