The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My "blue ocean" marketing website idea for local businesses

Idea threads

BUFFALOBT

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 11, 2013
So I've had this idea for a unique/outside the box/blue ocean way for local businesses to get in front of potential new customers.

I'm going to use this progress thread as a way to keep myself on track, but more importantly...I welcome any input you are kind enough to share with me.

Here are the steps I have laid out for myself:

1)Register the domain name and get hosting...done
2)Install the Wordpress theme I'll be using to validate my idea...done
3)Customize the theme to fit my model
4)Test, tweak, and re-test before I share with potential customers
5)Create a pdf flyer that explains the model that I can share with potential customers
6)Create a video that explains my model to share with potential customers
7)Choose a local market so I can validate my model in person

TBD as well at some point...pricing, revenue share % with my event partners, and choosing a company that will handle the "outsourced" component(s) of my model.

Time to get to work...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BUFFALOBT

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 11, 2013
Can't you just start with #5 and see potential customers' reactions?
I began to do #5, then realized it would be easier for me to at the very least have a working online platform I could demo.

There are actually 2 sides to this model...the "venue" side, and the local business side(they are the ones who pay).

My upfront cost and time to get the site up and functional are minimal, but I believe will be of great help in sharing the model effectively.

Thanks for your input!

tincho1492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Aug 7, 2011
Uruguay
It depends on what you mean by minimal time.
What about demoing a video showcasing wireframes?

I've been there before and believe me I understand your point of view but now I learned to go direct to the jugular.

Keep us updated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BUFFALOBT

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 11, 2013
It depends on what you mean by minimal time.
What about demoing a video showcasing wireframes?

I've been there before and believe me I understand your point of view but now I learned to go direct to the jugular.

Keep us updated.
Funny you should mention that tincho...I'm working on a video script right now to share with potential customers.

Here's the deal...I have a very good job in the slowlane that affords me lots of downtime- so time isn't an issue for me.

My main issue right now is that I can't use my real name to market this thing, out of fear of being canned if my company were to find out. So- I'm doing it in a way to avoid that unpleasantness...if that makes sense.

And another motive I have is that I'd love to find a partner that CAN do the marketing, and doesn't have to sneak around.

I'd like to believe I'm still making progress by acting on my idea- just not doing so in the most direct way.

Thanks for your input!

leveragehacker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 28, 2014
Sydney, Australia
I'm working on something similar - my best advances so far have come from making cold calls to my target paying customer and doing a pitch. When they ask 'how much?' and you give your response - that's when you'll validate your idea.

BUFFALOBT

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 11, 2013
I'm working on something similar - my best advances so far have come from making cold calls to my target paying customer and doing a pitch. When they ask 'how much?' and you give your response - that's when you'll validate your idea.
For sure I will get to that point...thanks for the input leverage.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.