The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Pixel Pusher on the move

Danzaland

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Apr 11, 2011
Rochester, NY
This post is from my "work" computer while waiting for work at work. I am trying to use my "downtime" better, so why not the forums!

I am a graphic designer in Rochester, NY where there are multiple schools that pump GD's out quarterly. The design market is tight and I have no desire to stay in it. I had tried my hand at Timberframing, which was interesting, but got laid-off.. twice...
i saw it coming so I have compiled a list of stuff I'd like to do, ideas to develop and stuff that needed to be done. From there I organized it and looked for the one idea that could give me the best ROI. I started tinkering with doing freelance stuff, but my customer base was/is nil and I needed a severe software and hardware update, approx $5K.
I didn't/don't have that, but in the meantime had the idea of VideoandResume.com and started the process this past January of building it. I have been doing contract pixel pushing since November, so that has eaten a ton of time. I see the potential and feel it meets CENTS criteria, so now I am working on moving things ahead. NOt quite the desert of desertion, but in a gap of Slowlane work and covering the bills and working on the business full time, or part-time effectively.
I look forward to meeting everybody.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hello Chris, design is a great skill to have and it translates well into a Fastlane. Glad you thought the book was better than 1-star!! :tiphat:

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
Coin & trademark the term "Visume's" (video resume). I think you could get some nice free PR on news programs with a press release.

Another neat idea is have your users use the square 2D mobile barcode on their paper and link for online resumes where prospective employers/headhunters can scan the code w/ their mobile and it links to the Visume on your site. Boom.

Danzaland

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Apr 11, 2011
Rochester, NY
thanks

Thanks for the thoughts folks. things to consider. I would love to go via kickstarter, but I don't think it fits the model they would allow. They want a project versus a business.... I would ask where the kickstarter for business was, but Palo Alto has that market....
Thanks again!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...