• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

[Philosophical question] If money wasn't an issue, what would you do to improve your everyday life?

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by eagleye101, Feb 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. MTF

MTF Never give up Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $63,788
    I'm not sure if it's only me, but I used to believe that I would pay for a lot of those things once I could afford them. Now that I can, I realized that I don't need them or can't be bothered to set it up.

For example, if you want to hire somebody to clean your house, you have to schedule when they come, figure out how to ensure that they won't steal anything or browse through your private stuff (so you probably to have stay home while they clean), etc.

I might still hire somebody, but once you can afford it, many things actually lose their appeal. Sort of like dreaming about a Lambo and then when you're in the position to buy it, you'd rather keep driving your old truck.

UnrealCreative, Greg R and Andy Black like this.
  2. Greg R

Greg R Act, Assess, Adjust Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $15,784
    This realization seems to be a common theme around here.

3. jasoncuellar123

jasoncuellar123 I’m probably awake. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $11,689
    :rofl::rofl:

Freedom has that effect on people - we make smarter choices.

Greg R likes this.
  4. eagleye101

eagleye101 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $876
    Hey @UnrealCreative thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it.

A couple of questions:
    Do you use a business coach?
    I have worked as a coach but I haven't used one. Maybe I should and I am thinking about it seriously. To answer my own question "what is stopping me?" is that I'm a bit perfectionist and I would coach people only when I was 100% confident.
    Most coaches I have found, just claim to know what they're talking about. They don't. I've had collaborations with such "coaches" and they didn't know sh*t.
    It felt to me that they were just feeding clients with bs and placebo effect to take action (something like T. Robbins but in much lower quality).
    So it has been stopping me because I feel I'm gonna be screwed and I can't afford it. Maybe that's just my limited belief though...

About life, I have found minimalism to be the answer. I have a weekly routine which includes shopping, cleaning, cooking etc. I could hire somebody (and occasionally I do but only once every month or less) because I use these chores to unplug from business thinking. Or I use the time to listen to audiobooks which is a great source of learning.

5. eagleye101

eagleye101 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $876
    Exactly!