The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Philadelphia Fastlaning It!

chadisa

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 11, 2011
Philadelphia
Hey everyone, my name is Chad and I am from the suburbs of Philadelphia. I started my own SEO company about 5 years ago. As of this January my company was acquired by an online marketing company also in the Philadelphia area. So I am now part owner of that company but man I am still itching to build more businesses :D

Right now I am building a lot of various web properties, getting them ranked in Google and trying to build a second stream of residual income. I had this great idea about building a website that generated leads of people who are looking for limo providers and rates in other cities, but alas I think someone already took that idea :cool:

Anyway, I try to be an active participant in any forum I join so hopefully I will learn a lot here, help a lot of people, and maybe crack a joke or two.

If anyone needs FREE advice on anything online marketing just let me know - I like talking about what I do so you might get an ear full :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Chad, any stories you can share on the sale of your company?

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Hi Chad, welcome to the forum. I am also from the Philly area! I am located in Delaware County. You have definitely landed yourself in one of the best online forums around. Like many people here, I have a start-up that I am working on -a higher edu social network that has a productive/professional orientation to it. The people on this forum provide some amazing resources. And it looks like you will definitely have some great experiences to talk about. I will be paying very close attention to your posts.

Thanks!

-John

chadisa

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 11, 2011
Philadelphia
First of all guys, sorry it took so long to respond. I thought I had my account set up to instantly email me when I got a responce but apparently I didn't set that up correctly LOL.

@MJ - Sure, basically I owned a SEO company with me as the only US employee and 30 full time employees and an office in the Philippines. The company that acquired mine is a web development and solutions company that pretty much did everything in online marketing other than SEO. I have actually known the other two owners for about 8 years now so it was done very "non-corporatey". I didn't get a huge payout from the sale but I am now part owner of the whole company (both companies put together) and I still run the SEO department but the great thing is that they are a really high end shop so it's nice knowing I get a cut of that department's profit as well :) I view that scenario as my "day job" but I am still up late looking into new opportunities and ideas that I have - you should see my marker board in my office, it's like straight out of that movie A Beautiful Mind...diagrams all over the place, not making sense ;)

@johnp - NO WAY! What part of Delaware County? I grew up in Aston (from 7 years old to College)! Small world. Your project sounds interesting for sure. One of my ideas that I had and actually launched something a few years ago before I was really good at SEO was a social network for ESL (English as a Second Language) teachers so I can totally see the higher ed angle. Let me know if I can help in any way...especially for us Delaware County products...let's make Delaware County proud of us.

@FastnAwesome - first, freaking awesome screen name. Thanks though, hopefully I will be able to throw out some gem posts here and there.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
@johnp - NO WAY! What part of Delaware County? I grew up in Aston (from 7 years old to College)! Small world.

I am from the Springfield area. I used to drive through Aston all of the time to get to my Hockey Practices at Ice Works. & I always used to play soccer games over at Sun Valley's fields. I very rarely come across someone from the same area as me on forums like this.

Your project sounds interesting for sure. One of my ideas that I had and actually launched something a few years ago before I was really good at SEO was a social network for ESL (English as a Second Language) teachers so I can totally see the higher ed angle.

That is a pretty cool idea. I am a believer that there is a lot of potential in the education community right now. Everyday it seems like a new app or something of that nature is popping up. There is so much growth in the edu-tech field that a group started an edu-tech version of 'tech-crunch'. One of my main goals is to bring together a lot of the applications, ideas, and stakeholders of the edu community into a single platform. My idea sort of fuses everything from the edu community into a platform that is a combination of a social network, email client, search engine, & messengering board system that is designed to help users communicate on deeper level and spread information around the world, thus opening up higher edu campuses & so on. I usually avoid drawing comparisons to Facebook but I might as well. We are like the education/productive version of Facebook. Something inspired by Facebook, not designed to replace it (as of now :smx6:)

Anyway, it sounds like you have a lot of knowledge & success with SEO. I am going to be paying very close attention to your posts here. I have learned so much from various people and postings on this forum. I look forward to reading your postings as well. Especially because I know very little about SEO.

luke

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 25, 2011
Small world! Chadisa and Johnp, I'm also from Philadelphia (NE to be exact).

Chadisa, if you love talking about online marketing, I'd love to listen. One of my largest struggles/concerns in my fastlane pursuit is marketing my online biz.

Anyway, welcome. This forum is a wealth of talent and information, especially MJ.

iggy05

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 29, 2011
What's up my fellow Northeasteners! i'm also from Philly, lived in the city but now in the suburbs. I'm currently constructing a business plan for online business. So I will also be following some of the posts. Perhaps we could have a meeting at some point to exchange some knowledge and advice. Just a thought.

luke

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 25, 2011
I can't speak for the other two gents, but I would love getting together at a central location near Philadelphia.

iggy05

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 29, 2011
I'm flexible, so pick a time and place close to Philly.

We can do something in Center City, or in Manyunk? My cousin has a cigar shop in Manyunk we can use. I'm free most nights and on the weekends, except for usually the first weekend of every month as I'm in the Air Force Reserves.

luke

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 25, 2011
I'm not a smoker, but it sounds chill... pick a date and time (just not this wed). I'm available, but I'll confirm the time you pick.

Luke

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
We can do something in Center City

Center City is a great place. I always find myself driving into Center City to do business related things. I opened my bank account there when I got my first round of investments. The more I go into Center City the richer I want to become for some reason. You guys should meet there...on the other hand Manyunk is nice as well.

But I can't make it... I'm too busy stuck in design specification land.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
where were all you philadelphians 4 yrs ago when I lived there??? LOL. I was born and raised a philly girl. grew up in levittown pa. Now I am a transplant to ga. I do get back to town from time to time to visit family. If your having a meetup near when I am in town maybe I can drop in and meet a few of you!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...