The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

People keep saying to read more

Fab89

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Dec 30, 2017
Uk
Do they mean reading about being an entrepreneur, educational, biographies, fiction or just read it all?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

justonemore

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Dec 19, 2017
NewYork
Probably just reading in general. If you watch too much TV you'll legitimately become brainwashed into believing the current culture pushed by Hollywood and a small number of media outlets. It's not good. Those people aren't too bright.
Also, almost no idea on TV has more than a few minutes of thought put into it.

In contrast, some books have years of thought put into them. Big difference.

Protip: Youtube search the authors you're interested in and watch them give speeches and talks. 80% of the same content and you can do it while you eat dinner.

The EL Maven

No longer life's passenger
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Dec 3, 2015
Protip: Youtube search the authors you're interested in and watch them give speeches and talks. 80% of the same content and you can do it while you eat dinner.

As someone who has read hundreds of books in the last several years, I've found this to be mostly true.

Often times I've had epiphanies while reading. It's usually something smaller that an author says that hits me just right. The problem is, it takes a lot of effort and time to read so much to gain these little insights. Watching an author speak on subject at 1.5x to save even more time is more prudent. I'm sure you can still glean unexpected insights. Focus on return on your invested time. Read for purpose. You should always know the purpose for picking up a book. If it's simply to pass time, well then, who cares. If it's to get ideas and stimulate the mind, find ways to speed that process up. If it's to pick up knowledge, that's the lowest hanging fruit where distilled author discussions or blog posts can save you time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.