The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

PayPal Alternatives?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
Hey Fastlaners,
I'm currently keeping most of the money on PayPal, and needless to say, it's not very secure. I've already experienced frozen accounts and verification issues. The fees aren't ideal either. However, it's a comfortable way for clients to pay.

Can you recommend me some PayPal alternatives? I'd like to see a better platform to keep your money, also being able to move funds to it from PayPal.
I've also tried Stripe (very little), crypto-wallets, and a national bank account.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Putt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 1, 2020
If you're talking about payment processing, then I vouch for Stripe again. Customer service from real experts w/ callbacks in under 60 seconds. A dashboard that makes everything really easy to understand without delving into your accounting software. Pretty good pricing and integrations with a lot of tools + API.

PeterBoss

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Aug 17, 2020
London
Intuitively I would say you can probably still use paypal and stripe to process payments, they have great apis/integration and make it easy for users to pay. Just be sure to periodically wire out to a safer place for both bookkeeping and investment purposes.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I always feel that alternatives like Stripe and Square are not up to the mark, especially for eCommerce websites.

Imagine, the user is on the checkout page, and he has to enter his credit card number, CVC and expiry date. Maybe the CVC and expiry date can easily be remembered, but I doubt the average person would bother remembering his card number (16 digits).

With Paypal, all I need to do is to enter my email address and password and let it do the rest.

Putt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 1, 2020
I always feel that alternatives like Stripe and Square are not up to the mark, especially for eCommerce websites.

Imagine, the user is on the checkout page, and he has to enter his credit card number, CVC and expiry date. Maybe the CVC and expiry date can easily be remembered, but I doubt the average person would bother remembering his card number (16 digits).

With Paypal, all I need to do is to enter my email address and password and let it do the rest.
It would be interesting to see whether there is an increase in conversion rate for offering PayPal. It just seems like most people in their head realizes they need to get their card out to enter the details.

That said, retailers like Amazon, save your card details so it doesn't 'feel like' spending money as you're just hitting a big yellow button.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Edit: Just realized you were talking about using PayPal as a bank account and not for payment processing, so my answer is useless. I have automatic withdrawals enabled on my PayPal, so everything goes to normal bank account.

abfunders

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 22, 2020
Hey Fastlaners,
I'm currently keeping most of the money on PayPal, and needless to say, it's not very secure. I've already experienced frozen accounts and verification issues. The fees aren't ideal either. However, it's a comfortable way for clients to pay.

Can you recommend me some PayPal alternatives? I'd like to see a better platform to keep your money, also being able to move funds to it from PayPal.
I've also tried Stripe (very little), crypto-wallets, and a national bank account.

Hi Max, new to the forum, don't know the etiquette, not sure your background, but I do know how to answer you question!

If you want to keep your money in an e-wallet (like PayPal), and provide a payment processing solution for the "high risk" market, there's a very nice one that's very well capitalized and is becoming more popular since they started offering credit cards as a payment processing solution, as opposed to just Bitcoin and Debit cards.

Of course, you can always withdraw to a checking account. If you let me know what the industry type is, I can help direct you.

Feel free to contact me anytime with a DM!

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

I'm imagining it. And I'm imagining them taking out their card like they always do and typing in 16 digits.

I don't think your usage is indicative of most people's usage. I think most people prefer to take out their card and type in those numbers, for security reasons. As proof, just look at how most transactions are actually processed on a website that gives people the option to use PayPal or manual input. From what I've seen, manual wins in every segment expect maybe infoproducts.

I've also seen how adding a PayPal option to a checkout actually lowers conversion. Not always, so it's important business owners track their own results.

That said, for people who like this level of convenience, and their number is growing, there are services like LastPass and others that save credit card information and just automatically put it in.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.