The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Paleo Lifestyle

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
Lost it @ claiming 6000-8000 calories a day and doing Crossfit

720423547720214144812642.gif

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MHolland

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Dec 26, 2013
Is there a premium grocery store around you? Here in Toronto (esp. in the very urban areas) we have quite a few small grocery stores that only sell the 'premium' stuff: organic, free-range eggs, free-range chicken meat, organic veggies, grass-fed beef, etc. at a significant markup.

An app would be interesting, depending on whether or not you're willing to hop from store to store. I'm sure not.

This is what I use for sourcing organic/free-range, eatwild.com. There are many decent farms in Ontario you can find through this site.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
If anyone's interested, this week there is an online event called PaleoCon. There are 4 free online presentations a day by doctors, nutritionists, trainers, etc.. If your interested in Paleo, or health in general, listen to a few of them.

Yesterday there was a great presentation on Intermittent Fasting.

Here's the link: http://www.paleocon.com/registration/

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Shortcut

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jan 8, 2014
There's a restaurant in Greenville, SC that started offering Paleo meal plans for the week. You let them know by Friday and they will have you an entire week of meals (three a day plus snacks) ready for pick-up by Monday night. It's less than $200 a week (and this restaurant is known for its amazing meats and chef). It's like a local version of Nutrisystem, but at the same time capitalizing on the reputation the restaurant has built over the last 15 years...

zerobrainwash

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 20, 2015
Baltics
There's a restaurant in Greenville, SC that started offering Paleo meal plans for the week. You let them know by Friday and they will have you an entire week of meals (three a day plus snacks) ready for pick-up by Monday night. It's less than $200 a week (and this restaurant is known for its amazing meats and chef). It's like a local version of Nutrisystem, but at the same time capitalizing on the reputation the restaurant has built over the last 15 years...

Do you put these meals in a freezer or how does it work? Sounds like a neat idea for those who either can't be bothered to cook or are too busy but still want to eat healthy.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thread title changed since Paleo isn't a diet, it's a way to eat permanently.

Shortcut

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jan 8, 2014
Do you put these meals in a freezer or how does it work? Sounds like a neat idea for those who either can't be bothered to cook or are too busy but still want to eat healthy.

It says that some of the meals can be frozen, but others are designed to be consumed within several days. I haven't tried their program yet, but I'm thinking about it. The restaurant is Saskatoon and they have the details of the program on their website. The chef's phone number and email address are on there as well. It's an interesting idea...

G

GuestUser113

My thoughts?

Go ask your neanderthal ancestors how it was to rarely live to 30.

Oh what's that? They're extinct?

Do explain

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/03/140317084643.htm

"The changes are very similar to those seen in human fossils during the same period, showing that there was not necessarily a change in diet between Neanderthals and modern humans, but rather a change in environment that was responsible for a different isotopic signature of the same food resources.

Moreover, this isotopic event coinciding in timing with the replacement of Neanderthals by modern humans may indicate that environmental changes, such as an increase of aridity, could have helped modern humans to overcome the Neanderthals."

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/03/140317084643.htm

"The changes are very similar to those seen in human fossils during the same period, showing that there was not necessarily a change in diet between Neanderthals and modern humans, but rather a change in environment that was responsible for a different isotopic signature of the same food resources.

Moreover, this isotopic event coinciding in timing with the replacement of Neanderthals by modern humans may indicate that environmental changes, such as an increase of aridity, could have helped modern humans to overcome the Neanderthals."
That's interesting actually. Must investigate further.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Do explain

That's interesting actually. Must investigate further.

Yes, you must investigate further. There is a lot on this discussion all over the internet.

In a nutshell, your argument is ad absurdo. (It implies that we would go extinct if we would switch back to a more "paleo" way of eating, which is absurd).

In reality, our digestive processes and gut flora are equipped to deal with non-processed food way more easily than processed food. Processed food has only been around for about 50-80 years depending on if you are counting the first mass-market processed food or the widespread proliferation and mass consumption of processed food (especially corn products).

Also, the age-of-30 thing is a weak tie to diet. In the world of 10000+ years ago, diet wasn't what was killing us. It was prey, natural disasters, accidents, disease and a host of other things. In today's world, diet is what is killing us, as it manifests in early onset heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, etc. (source: CDC)

Without going into more detail, you are right. You need to invstigate further.

For most people, I tell them that if they think Paleo is bullshit then eat strictly Paleo for 30 days and just see how you feel.

Of all of the people I have told to do this, 100% of those who have actually done it have stuck with it or reported highly positive results.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Ezio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 6, 2014
Gdansk, Poland
Paleo... I prefer Primal as it is described as lifestyle.
The 10 Primal Blueprint laws are:
1. Eat Lots of Plants and Animals
2. Avoid Poisonous Things
3. Move Frequently at a Slow Pace
4. Lift Heavy Things
5. Sprint Once in a While
6. Get Adequate Sleep
7. Play
8. Get Adequate Sunlight
9. Avoid Stupid Mistakes
10. Use Your Brain

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Thenernsauce

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Feb 20, 2015
Dallas TX
Some people are very carb sensitive, some are not. Some will respond great to Paleo, some will not.

Here's one of my clients WHO STILL CONSUMED PLENTY'O CARBS while dropping body fat.

1505673_795325903871958_7956937772041397530_n.jpg

He ate tons of rice. And beans. And some brews. And bread (the horror).

Conclusion: Don't believe in fitness dogma. If you think Paleo is the way, the truth, and the light… There's a fat loss pill I'd love to sell you.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Some people are very carb sensitive, some are not. Some will respond great to Paleo, some will not.

Here's one of my clients WHO STILL CONSUMED PLENTY'O CARBS while dropping body fat.

Conclusion: Don't believe in fitness dogma. If you think Paleo is the way, the truth, and the light… There's a fat loss pill I'd love to sell you.
There's more to health and fitness than being slim.

Though I do agree that following dogma 100% is extremely stupid and potentially dangerous.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

C'mon man, what's he 19? At that age I could get away with anything. However when u get to my age when the hormones aren't as free flowing and the joints not so forgiving, things aren't so easy anymore. Paleo is really the only plan for me that I could notice a difference in everything I do.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Yes, you must investigate further. There is a lot on this discussion all over the internet.

In a nutshell, your argument is ad absurdo. (It implies that we would go extinct if we would switch back to a more "paleo" way of eating, which is absurd).

In reality, our digestive processes and gut flora are equipped to deal with non-processed food way more easily than processed food. Processed food has only been around for about 50-80 years depending on if you are counting the first mass-market processed food or the widespread proliferation and mass consumption of processed food (especially corn products).

Also, the age-of-30 thing is a weak tie to diet. In the world of 10000+ years ago, diet wasn't what was killing us. It was prey, natural disasters, accidents, disease and a host of other things. In today's world, diet is what is killing us, as it manifests in early onset heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, etc. (source: CDC)

Without going into more detail, you are right. You need to invstigate further.

For most people, I tell them that if they think Paleo is bullshit then eat strictly Paleo for 30 days and just see how you feel.

Of all of the people I have told to do this, 100% of those who have actually done it have stuck with it or reported highly positive results.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You know what's one thing I hate about all these little fads? The hypocrisy that they're based on.

What's absurd is raising hype over eating food that neanderthals thousands of years ago may have eaten, while ignoring the fact that the reason why people are even able to have these fad diets is because of the abundance of food and living standards that were created not through hunter-gatherer era methods of getting food, but through farming and industrialization.

And yes, we probably would go extinct if we all started eating like cavemen. You know why? 7 billion people are supported through a system that humans created, not by just living off the land; and if we tried to go back, the vast majority of people would die off and a species that evolved and figured out how to farm would easily overtake us while we were playing jungle.

There's no way for anyone living in modern society to go back to that sort of diet. This fad will be be over with in a few years, like all the others.

P.S. I was interested in that article because of the nitrogen isotopes. I'm interested in real-science, not pseudoscience.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
You know what's one thing I hate about all these little fads? The hypocrisy that they're based on.

What's absurd is raising hype over eating food that neanderthals thousands of years ago may have eaten, while ignoring the fact that the reason why people are even able to have these fad diets is because of the abundance of food and living standards that were created not through hunter-gatherer era methods of getting food, but through farming and industrialization.

And yes, we probably would go extinct if we all started eating like cavemen. You know why? 7 billion people are supported through a system that humans created, not by just living off the land; and if we tried to go back, the vast majority of people would die off and a species that evolved and figured out how to farm would easily overtake us while we were playing jungle.

There's no way for anyone living in modern society to go back to that sort of diet. This fad will be be over with in a few years, like all the others.

P.S. I was interested in that article because of the nitrogen isotopes. I'm interested in real-science, not pseudoscience.

I am guessing this means you aren't willing to do it for 30 days to try it?

I guess that's your choice.

I am interested in real-science too, for what it's worth. I have a degree in Bio Engineering, worked in the medical industry for 7 years (focusing on neuroscience) and worked in fitness industry for about 7 years on the side.

It's funny how two intelligent people can come to two radically different viewpoints.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I am guessing this means you aren't willing to do it for 30 days to try it?

I guess that's your choice.

I am interested in real-science too, for what it's worth. I have a degree in Bio Engineering, worked in the medical industry for 7 years (focusing on neuroscience) and worked in fitness industry for about 7 years on the side.

It's funny how two intelligent people can come to two radically different viewpoints.
probably like how everything has an equal and an opposite.

If we all had the same opinion, it would be pretty boring

Thenernsauce

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Feb 20, 2015
Dallas TX
@MJ DeMarco He's 30 and had never seen abs in his lifetime. Not exactly a genetic phenom. :)

If it works for you it works for you. I have no problems with that. I DO, however, have a problem with dogma and how it's messed up the industry.

Look at Japanese people. They pound the absolute shit out of rice and live to 300.... But I guess they should go Paleo?

What works for some completely F*cks over others--- Test it, find what works for you, and stick with it.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Look at Japanese people. They pound the absolute shit out of rice and live to 300.... But I guess they should go Paleo?

I think the longetivity of Japanese citizens is attributed their good living standards and advances in medical science. But in average they also undoubtedly eat better food than the average westerner.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
I think the longetivity of Japanese citizens is attributed their good living standards and advances in medical science. But in average they also undoubtedly eat better food than the average westerner.

Gonna need to define "better food" here, since apparently foods promoted by the Paleo lifestyle are not inherently "better" by your standard.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Gonna need to define "better food" here, since apparently foods promoted by the Paleo lifestyle are not inherently "better" by your standard.
Better food = less things that come out of a can, out of a cardboard box in a freezer, and more fresh cuts of meet, and vegetables. Notice how much more colour is on the plate of a meal in Japan than a lot of meals in America.

However, because fast food chains have become popular in Japan now, the overall quality if food is becoming worse

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Better food = less things that come out of a can, out of a cardboard box in a freezer, and more fresh cuts of meet, and vegetables. Notice how much more colour is on the plate of a meal in Japan than a lot of meals in America.

However, because fast food chains have become popular in Japan now, the overall quality if food is becoming worse

picard-facepalm.jpg

Dude. You just described paleo in a nutshell...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.