The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Outsourced SEO|Backlinking Test

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
Hey Kurt. I just signed up for a month with Chris from Warrior forum. I noticed in the beginning he did very well but has fell behind some in the last few weeks. Would you still recommend him?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
Kurt is right, it would be a short term business strategy indeed.

We don't usually tell people this, but we do track results well after purchase and delivery of report. We care about the results we give and don't just take an order and deliver a report. Since we've started this service in April we've learned a lot because of this and we've refined the strategy over time.

If anyone has any questions on how we do things or what we can do for your site please feel free to send a PM. I don't want to de-rail this thread, so please respect that.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Awesome, because I just signed up with Chris' service last night as well. Thanks Kurt!

Giles

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 11, 2007
Thanks for the thread kurtyourdy.

I am doing a little test myself now. One of my sites is ranked 4th in Google and this is my main traffic source. I have paid someone to do SEO to get me to #1. I will report back in a few weeks...

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Thanks for the thread kurtyourdy.

I am doing a little test myself now. One of my sites is ranked 4th in Google and this is my main traffic source. I have paid someone to do SEO to get me to #1. I will report back in a few weeks...

keep us updated, look forward to the results.

here is week 17 Best Backlink Services Week 17 at Seo Bloodhound- SEO Testing Done Right

kahem89

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jul 20, 2011
Norway, Oslo
Kurt :) , are you buying a package a week or have you purchased only 1 package from each of the company's?

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Kurt :) , are you buying a package a week or have you purchased only 1 package from each of the company's?

buying 1 package from each service per month. however, smarter submit is behind right now because they have not emailed that the last package was completed.

Giles

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 11, 2007
Cheers for the update - will start trying one of your providers soon.

As for my little test. Went from steady 4th place to 2nd page after 8 days :smx4:

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Awesome, because I just signed up with Chris' service last night as well. Thanks Kurt!

I'm not sure what results Shades had, but I have good SERP boosts from Chris's service. I'd recommend it.

However, as a disclaimer, I've been doing a lot of other backlinking on my own as well, so I can't say with 100% certainty that the SERP improvements have been entirely from Chris's service. That's why your test is so cool Kurt, there's no other backlinking involved that might skew the results. It's really as scientific as you could get. =)

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
Hi everyone

I will have a discount coupon set aside just for fastlaners by the end of this test period. We are working on putting together a members site and the system in place that will support coupons and affiliates.

Will let you all know ASAP.

(in the spirit of good competition - I think Chris service seems very good and is on par with what we are trying to do - the bottom line is contextual backlinks work)

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
Hey Kurt,

I'm curious, what are you using to track the rankings? I am using SESCOUT.... and, well, it shows some slightly different results... with senukex services leading the pack :smxF: (the report can be exported).

But, just goes to show how google really works - with different data centers etc etc and results can be different for everyone.

Chris

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Hey Kurt,

I'm curious, what are you using to track the rankings? I am using SESCOUT.... and, well, it shows some slightly different results... with senukex services leading the pack :smxF: (the report can be exported).

But, just goes to show how google really works - with different data centers etc etc and results can be different for everyone.

Chris

I have been using seoserp.com from the beginning except for 1 week when it was not working and I had to use scroogle. I agree, serps is a tricky measuring stick when you consider the data centers and all. seoserp could be drawing from one one week and another another week and I would get different results.

case in point, I just checked the first keyword and you are not in first ranking at 3rd.

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
I have been using seoserp.com from the beginning except for 1 week when it was not working and I had to use scroogle. I agree, serps is a tricky measuring stick when you consider the data centers and all. seoserp could be drawing from one one week and another another week and I would get different results.

case in point, I just checked the first keyword and you are not in first ranking at 3rd.

Ouch :blush: :smxB:

Well, I re-read my previous post and I want to be clear that I am not quibbling over fluctuations in the SERPs. I know the game :) - In many ways, I am sitting back, eating the popcorn and seeing what is going on like everyone else.

I'm also getting some good data from this :) and data is only as good as the actionable items that it creates.

I think one important takeaway is - contextual backlinks work.

I look forward to more of your other tests Kurt!

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
crap, that was a typo on 11/28. It should have read- "case in point, I just checked the first keyword and you are NOW in first"

Sorry about that. I was typing fast.

For the record to clarify my confusion. Chris is now #1 for all 3 keyowrds.

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
LOL! Its funny because there are 2 Chris and I was confused.

Just call me Carlin.

My wife does :smug2:

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Question for Carlin - For the package that you're using on Kurt's site, how many blasts are you doing per month?

P.S. Congratulations on getting to #1, looks like you have a really effective template in place.

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
Hi

It depends on the template - but we shoot for over 1.5k links a month. Since this is an ongoing plan, variety is important - in other words, we can't keep using the same template over and over again, so we've learned what the best variety is. At the time Kurt signed up we had different packages, but anyone in fastlane can get the same deal. I will soon be setting up some subscriber buttons on the main page - but don't wait for me on that, just send me a PM whenever you are ready.

pegasus

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Dec 30, 2011
hey kurtyordi,

I found this thread and signed up to this forum mainly to say thanks for doing this experiment. There are total noobs out there like me trying to do backlinks for websites wondering whats a good service out there that is worth putting money on to start getting some links to a website, and with your data it is so much easier to say, "let me try this service cause that dude on that forum got decent results."

With that said...one quick question---how many days/weeks old were the websites when you started using any of these backlinking services? Reading the blog i got the impression they were 1 or 2 weeks old, but wasn't sure.

Thanks again!

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
hey kurtyordi,

With that said...one quick question---how many days/weeks old were the websites when you started using any of these backlinking services? Reading the blog i got the impression they were 1 or 2 weeks old, but wasn't sure.

Thanks again!

Thanks for reading and the question. They were approx. 2 weeks old when the linking started.

Sorry all, I forgot to write this past week until wed., so I did not even bother posting it hear. Here is this weeks-
Best SEO Service Test Week 25 at Seo Bloodhound- SEO Testing Done Right

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
I was wondering if you view senukex as a long term seo strategy or it this for an affiliate/ IM style site. If you are planning on a long term seo strategy would you prefer Chris or Jack over the software services etc.

I am asking this mostly because I have read lots of negatives about article spinning and how you can get sandboxed by it etc. I am interested in your view on this.

Thank you

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.