The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Oppotunities - residential real estate

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
just reading about Bombs-Away-Ben... and got the chart from here-
http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/newstex/IBD-0001-19050848.htm

look at the chart at the bottom of the page... Bomber Ben has got to be soiling his pants but besides that, (and more importantly here) the opportunities in residential real estate seem to be extremely enticing in the next 3 years. During the presidential election year, I believe we will see a false sense of positive economic activity... and if all indicators remain the same between now and then, we will have to wait a couple of more years before the best deals come across the desks.

issues01082207.gif

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Its also seems like an opportunity to start buying apartment buildings as rental demand should increase as more people are closed out of the housing market, not to mention those that ultimately stand to lose their home.

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
Its also seems like an opportunity to start buying apartment buildings as rental demand should increase as more people are closed out of the housing market, not to mention those that ultimately stand to lose their home.

Absolutely. rentals will start driving the commercial markets...

but just being the devils advocate here... population boom and immigration might relieve some of the pressure off the housing markets. Is it likely? probably not... but never say never...

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
population boom means more children... young people with no money for down payment.
Most of the immigrants get to the country with no enough money for down payments (experience talking here).

When loans being more restrictive and no 100% loans available anymore, my guess is that these are new potential renters instead of buyers.

tbsells

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 27, 2007
Ohio
With "subprime" 100% loans a thing of the past there will be alot more renters. Really, these people were always renters but a failed business model turned them into temporary homeowners. Most will be renters again soon. An informal poll in my office revealed that about 20% of our buyers of the past couple years would probably not be able to buy today. I think the residential rental market is going to benefit tremendously from this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kidgas

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 25, 2007
Indiana
One of my recent renters is one who is just letting his house go to foreclosure since he got behind due to a jump in his ARM. The bank was unwilling to work with him so he stopped paying his mortgage and pocketed the money for about a year until he got notice of the sheriff's sale. The rental market may see lots of these folks.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.