Hey guys and gals!
After reading MJ's book it opened my eyes to the flaws in my business and I'm now having mixed emotions whether to continue it, change its model or close up and start something new.
About me:
I'm currently 21 and studying creative advertising with the ultimate goal of being an art director. I don't want a 9-5 life. Therefore, I started my current business which I'm running whilst going to school. I have so much free time and want to utilize this while its available.
Business Background:
I run an online drop-shipping eCommerce store which sells dog harnesses and a unqiue dog product of the month which has its price dropped. I also include sizing guides and great support to customers.
Visit: http://www.radhound.com
I also have a decent Instagram account with 28k followers and upload daily dog photos. But this doesn't increase sales and any promotion posts get little engagement...people just want to see cute dogs.
Visit: http://www.instagram.com/radhound
My view:
I find that I'm not really fulfilling a need in the dog market. Even though I provide quality and unique (in my opinion) information and product descriptions--its nothing special and I can never answer 'why would people buy from me' which is a huge red flag. I also have no passion for the niche and pretty much let it run passive and only answer emails or fulfil orders if they happen.
Invested & return:
The business is 4 months old. Invested: a fair amount of time and about $500. Return: about $215.
I have no budget for advertising and have only invested $250 in SEO which didn't do too much with rankings. All traffic is organic and I'm getting around 20 hits a day.
My question:
Should I continue this business or look into something new? I'm completely stumped on where to go as I feel like this will just crash and burn. However on a positive note, I have learn't so much due to it being my first business and now know the process.
After reading MJ's book it opened my eyes to the flaws in my business and I'm now having mixed emotions whether to continue it, change its model or close up and start something new.
About me:
I'm currently 21 and studying creative advertising with the ultimate goal of being an art director. I don't want a 9-5 life. Therefore, I started my current business which I'm running whilst going to school. I have so much free time and want to utilize this while its available.
Business Background:
I run an online drop-shipping eCommerce store which sells dog harnesses and a unqiue dog product of the month which has its price dropped. I also include sizing guides and great support to customers.
Visit: http://www.radhound.com
I also have a decent Instagram account with 28k followers and upload daily dog photos. But this doesn't increase sales and any promotion posts get little engagement...people just want to see cute dogs.
Visit: http://www.instagram.com/radhound
My view:
I find that I'm not really fulfilling a need in the dog market. Even though I provide quality and unique (in my opinion) information and product descriptions--its nothing special and I can never answer 'why would people buy from me' which is a huge red flag. I also have no passion for the niche and pretty much let it run passive and only answer emails or fulfil orders if they happen.
Invested & return:
The business is 4 months old. Invested: a fair amount of time and about $500. Return: about $215.
I have no budget for advertising and have only invested $250 in SEO which didn't do too much with rankings. All traffic is organic and I'm getting around 20 hits a day.
My question:
Should I continue this business or look into something new? I'm completely stumped on where to go as I feel like this will just crash and burn. However on a positive note, I have learn't so much due to it being my first business and now know the process.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
