The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Opinions needed! To continue my eCommerce store or not?

A post of a ranting nature...

Blue1214

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
368%
Jun 26, 2014
Here's a tip I give to anyone who is struggling with sales.

Figure out what your target customer cares about. How to do this?

Here's an example;

91SpUSN.png

Upon searching amazon for harness reviews,

You can find all of the negative and positive things people have said.

These are things they care about that you can use to your advantage.

If this was my shop, "no more pulling and tugging" would have been a headline I would have immediately tested.

I always try to get my headlines, benefits, features, outcomes from real people who have actually used a product. This is their voice, their concerns, not yours.

But be careful, this is not about stealing reviews, it is about LEARNING WHAT THEY CARE ABOUT!

Always do your market research.

Your website, aside from the other issues discussed, doesn't get across many benefits to your product.

**Apparently this woman got a discount for that review, so maybe hers is a little more biased, but you get the idea.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
Here's a tip I give to anyone who is struggling with sales.

Figure out what your target customer cares about. How to do this?

Here's an example;

91SpUSN.png

Upon searching amazon for harness reviews,

You can find all of the negative and positive things people have said.

These are things they care about that you can use to your advantage.

If this was my shop, "no more pulling and tugging" would have been a headline I would have immediately tested.

I always try to get my headlines, benefits, features, outcomes from real people who have actually used a product. This is their voice, their concerns, not yours.

But be careful, this is not about stealing reviews, it is about LEARNING WHAT THEY CARE ABOUT!

Always do your market research.

Your website, aside from the other issues discussed, doesn't get across many benefits to your product.

**Apparently this woman got a discount for that review, so maybe hers is a little more biased, but you get the idea.

I cannot explain how much you have just taught me about harnesses. I've read over 50+ reviews now and copy and pasted the main points in to a notepad ready to use. I'm going to replace the section at the top of my website after the image sliders giving a quick overview of what benefits a harness can offer and a full page which lists them all in an organized and visually pleasing manor.

Thank you!

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
This is why I made this post originally, to get opinions whether to kill this idea and start up a new one. I realized there's an incredible amount of flaws and realistically I will most likely start something else. I can never see this going anywhere or offering much valued what so ever.

Aaron, the undertone that I'm getting from all of your posts in this thread are of you seeking validation and approval that you should dump this and move on. I feel like you've already made this decision in your mind but just haven't acted on it. Fair assessment?

I don't think anyone here is going to tell you to dump it. Why not? Because you CAN make this work. As you're probably learning, it's really all about your business processes. Right now you have some process problems which restrict your sales and profitability. Can you fix them? Abso-friggin-lutely! Do you want to fix them? ...I'm not convinced you do.

My point is, running a business takes commitment. If you're not committed to the business you have, you'll never want to put in the work to fix the problems. If you ARE committed, and I mean all-in commitment, then you'll do whatever it takes to turn things around. You won't give excuses you'll just look for ways to make shit happen and crash through those obstacles.

Honestly, the biggest issue you're having isn't with your business but with your mindset towards it. If you can't commit to it, then move on. Fail fast and fail forward....keep moving.

If that's the path you take, I'd suggest you recognize the opportunity you have to help someone behind you. Rather than just shutting it down, why not post it on the INSIDERS INE board and let someone else take it over and get a jump start on a path of their own?

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
Aaron, the undertone that I'm getting from all of your posts in this thread are of you seeking validation and approval that you should dump this and move on. I feel like you've already made this decision in your mind but just haven't acted on it. Fair assessment?

I don't think anyone here is going to tell you to dump it. Why not? Because you CAN make this work. As you're probably learning, it's really all about your business processes. Right now you have some process problems which restrict your sales and profitability. Can you fix them? Abso-friggin-lutely! Do you want to fix them? ...I'm not convinced you do.

My point is, running a business takes commitment. If you're not committed to the business you have, you'll never want to put in the work to fix the problems. If you ARE committed, and I mean all-in commitment, then you'll do whatever it takes to turn things around. You won't give excuses you'll just look for ways to make shit happen and crash through those obstacles.

Honestly, the biggest issue you're having isn't with your business but with your mindset towards it. If you can't commit to it, then move on. Fail fast and fail forward....keep moving.

If that's the path you take, I'd suggest you recognize the opportunity you have to help someone behind you. Rather than just shutting it down, why not post it on the INSIDERS INE board and let someone else take it over and get a jump start on a path of their own?

I 100% agree on your assessment. I guess having a head cold isn't putting me in the best mood about this business either.

However! I have switched around my mindset as there has been so much valued knowledge presented to me in this thread. I'm starting to take action on basically every point made and finding my work around for things that cannot be done at this very moment. Like you mentioned I can make this work and need to re-evaluate my business process. I have loads of ideas to implement--hopefully it will start to make Radhound grow as a business that can offer value to people.

iAmTrade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 28, 2015
New Jersey
No vision. Its pathetically ridiculous in my opinion...and "works/sells" until proven otherwise...

Here's an idea for ANYONE READING @biophase @Aaron W ...take your harnesses and start offering matching shoes/package it and sell.

I'm going for...camouflage desert or jungle colored. Create it...And I think you have a sale from me- a doberman or pitbull with something like that on would look sweet! But what do I know, Im just a random customer who wants shoes for their dog?

Do I see a need here? Because that is a good niche with plenty of organic searches you can grab.

You say there is no potential in this store of yours? I say you are thinking "only harnesses".... I see an entire clothing line.

Be the clothing line for dogs. And tell me you don't make $$$$ by offering what the customer wants.

@biophase Did you ever get my private message about my eCommerce store?

John Robert

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Mar 19, 2014
If you find the process of experimentation and working on the business fun, keep doing it.

ClaytonAlbright

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 25, 2015
Cumming, GA
Just to add (although it's been mentioned), since you already have a huge following, you could look into affiliate marketing and advertising. Facebook sells nothing but makes billions. If you have a large audience there's way's to monetize that without selling anything yourself.

Last edited:

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
Just to add (although it's been mentioned), since you already have a huge following, you could look into affiliate marketing and advertising. Facebook sells nothing but makes billions. If you have a large audience there's way's to monetize that without selling anything yourself.

I like your thinking. I've been looking at how I can spin this around and offer an affiliate product or do something like a monthly limited edition spring tee every month on my Instagram and scrap the Shopify store for now. If I have any passion left its with my Instagram account--I love doing social media stuff.

A big thanks to everyone who's given me ideas. Right now I have decided to not continue the website but find a new way to offer some cool 'rad' value through my Instagram. In addition, I have made the suggested changes to my website and will keep it a live for 2 more months until I have something else new to work on as I estimate it will take me that long to research and develop a new business.

See you around the forum!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.