The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Opinion on the creation of a web structure

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Melv

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Aug 22, 2020
France
Good morning everyone,

I’m about to set up a web structure.

However I wanted to get your opinion between recruiting my own team or using a web agency?

The project being complex, I will not be able to learn enough to be able to build it from A to Z.

Thank you so much,
Melvin.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Good morning everyone,

I’m about to set up a web structure.

However I wanted to get your opinion between recruiting my own team or using a web agency?

The project being complex, I will not be able to learn enough to be able to build it from A to Z.

Thank you so much,
Melvin.
Depends on what you can afford.

Depends on how much control you can have.

Depends on the level of expertise you want to develop in yourself.

There's really a lot of variables to this decision. Typical answer is, a bootstrapper with no money will try and learn it on their own. I think that's a good idea to start, because later when you're working with others, you'll be able to speak the language.

Then you'll probably hire an agency for a while. And if your business gets big enough, maybe you'll have enough revenue to bring it all in house.

Hope that helps.

Melv

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Aug 22, 2020
France
Thank you for sharing your opinion.

stantechie

It’s never too late to hit the fast lane!
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 6, 2020
Vancouver
By a web structure I'm not clear what you mean... Web site? Web platform? App?
Have you investigated ways to accomplish your end product such as similar web sites that are built in Laravel, CodeIgniter, Python, or something like that?

Melv

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Aug 22, 2020
France
Par structure Web, je ne comprends pas bien ce que vous entendez... Site Web ? Plateforme Web ? Application ?
Avez-vous étudié des moyens de réaliser votre produit final, tels que des sites Web similaires construits avec Laravel, CodeIgniter, Python ou quelque chose du genre ?
Hello,
When we want to talk about a website, we are talking about either e-commerce, or showcase website, blog..
What I want to build is a platform where I will offer online services in the form of a subscription (services that will be automated, a kind of web application).
And in parallel a member space where people can discuss about the field.

stantechie

It’s never too late to hit the fast lane!
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 6, 2020
Vancouver
Hello,
When we want to talk about a website, we are talking about either e-commerce, or showcase website, blog..
What I want to build is a platform where I will offer online services in the form of a subscription (services that will be automated, a kind of web application).
And in parallel a member space where people can discuss about the field.
I see. There are many ways to accomplish this.

Depending on which services will be offered there may be ready-built solutions you can draw on to build it (or adapt for your needs).

Although I'm not a huge fan of WordPress, it does seem to be one of the most popular solutions. Using themes you can customize it well for a sales page, blog, e-commerce (WooCommerce), etc. Using WordPress plugins you can make a member area. There will be a learning curve if you take this on yourself, but many tutorials on YouTube to help you get started with Elementor or whatever page builder you use within it.

There are also a lot of scripts you can buy or choose to go open source and deploy to make a forum for discussion or accomplish the other things you want in your web application. Just for fun you should google search for "your application open source" and see if there's anything out there you can use for a free starting point.

Then if you haven't already maybe take a peek at CodeCanyon and see if there are any scripts that match what you are wanting to build. Sometimes there are scripts that are a close match and nearly turn-key for whatever industry you are catering to.

Melv

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Aug 22, 2020
France
I see. There are many ways to accomplish this.

Depending on which services will be offered there may be ready-built solutions you can draw on to build it (or adapt for your needs).

Although I'm not a huge fan of WordPress, it does seem to be one of the most popular solutions. Using themes you can customize it well for a sales page, blog, e-commerce (WooCommerce), etc. Using WordPress plugins you can make a member area. There will be a learning curve if you take this on yourself, but many tutorials on YouTube to help you get started with Elementor or whatever page builder you use within it.

There are also a lot of scripts you can buy or choose to go open source and deploy to make a forum for discussion or accomplish the other things you want in your web application. Just for fun you should google search for "your application open source" and see if there's anything out there you can use for a free starting point.

Then if you haven't already maybe take a peek at CodeCanyon and see if there are any scripts that match what you are wanting to build. Sometimes there are scripts that are a close match and nearly turn-key for whatever industry you are catering to.
I hear what you mean.
However, for reasons of content on the platform, I will not be able to use wordpress.
I have to be affiliated with other online platforms.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.