The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Online courses

Dan webb

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 12, 2022
UK
Hi All,

Does anyone have any experience with creating online courses?
Im researching it currently but would interesting to hear from anyone who has tried this and love to hear peoples experiences.

Open to any suggestions or good sources of info to read on this subject.

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antonella Perazz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 6, 2023
Hi Dan webb! I am an English and Spanish as a Foreign Language Teacher and I wanted to start creating online courses. I'm still researching, so far Teachable: Sell Courses, Coaching and Digital Downloads seems like a good option, but there's a transaction fee. The design is functional and aesthetically pleasant, besides it's very easy to use. Then you have some free open source options like https://moodle.com/, I don't find it very user-friendly honestly, but there are a lot of tutorials on YouTube.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I know @Fox has courses and a membership. I don't know what platforms he's using to host the courses and communities.

I'm using New Zenler to host my courses and newsletter. I don't have a community.

Try getting in front of a regular stream of people you can help, and helping them. Then figuring out if you can get paid to help them, then what keeps coming up and what you can regularly help them with. Make a quick course out of that and put that in front of the regular stream of people you've been helping and see who bites.

Alternatively, you could just announce you're thinking of creating a course/membership/newsletter/community/whatever, put a price on it, and see who's interested.

I describe how I did that here:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.