The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

One of my youtube videos is currently going viral, the "scale" effect is powerful indeed.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn

Actionary

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Aug 14, 2014
Good Job On the video/

Heres an idea:

Why not put out like 5-10 videos based on your viral content?

Like: 5 Ways To Win at Game
How to know if your game is about to end
How to get better at game
Also, if there are any mod versions of the game or spinoffs.

ALSO, ask the viewers on your viral content (Pin a comment asking what they want to see next from you) and start churning out those videos.

respond to every user question or relevant comments, and keep the viral trend going.

If you don't have a patre-on account make one and post it in the description.
Also get your Social Media Twitter/or Facebook/ or instagram going, so people can keep up with you and the production of videos and other related content.

Good Luck

D

Deleted50669

I've had a gaming related youtube channel since Jun 1, 2015.
Until literally a week or so ago i couldn't even pass 40 subscribers with over 100 videos that i've gradually posted over the years.

and then BOOM, a single 3 minute video started getting traction.
Now barely a week later the video just broke 300k views and i just broke 1000 subscribers, with no signs of stopping yet.

Now I haven't made any money or anything, but i think this is a cool showcase of the power of SCALE. its a powerful force indeed ;)

Check this glorious graph: 13937% lol
View attachment 25597
Whatever you did in that video... do it again

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Good Job On the video/

Heres an idea:

Why not put out like 5-10 videos based on your viral content?

Like: 5 Ways To Win at Game
How to know if your game is about to end
How to get better at game
Also, if there are any mod versions of the game or spinoffs.

ALSO, ask the viewers on your viral content (Pin a comment asking what they want to see next from you) and start churning out those videos.

respond to every user question or relevant comments, and keep the viral trend going.

If you don't have a patre-on account make one and post it in the description.
Also get your Social Media Twitter/or Facebook/ or instagram going, so people can keep up with you and the production of videos and other related content.

Good Luck

there are other .io type games such as slither.io, i play it casually and am thinking of strategies to get first place the fastest.
once i got something good ill make a video on that.

other than that, ill definitely be looking out for random casual games to kill a little time.
if i end up being very good at it i can always make a video lol

Honestly though i don't wanna get caught up in the whole rush of it and provide my audience with false expectations. I release videos at a comfortable casual rate, and try my best to edit it nicely.

i dont wanna just churn out stuff.

Congrats dude!

YOUTUBE FAMOUS, COMING FOR YOU!!

i think id be an awesome celebrity lol
id be mad chill all the time.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
i dunno why I'm so excited over this thread.. 3 million views.. congrats

make sure you have some way of funneling them somewhere

You need a splash screen at the end that brings them to your channel or at least telling them to subscribe... this video is gonna get way more views.. put something in the description sending them to your site so you don't lose them

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
i dunno why I'm so excited over this thread.. 3 million views.. congrats

make sure you have some way of funneling them somewhere

You need a splash screen at the end that brings them to your channel or at least telling them to subscribe... this video is gonna get way more views.. put something in the description sending them to your site so you don't lose them

i have a end screen button leading to one of my game trailers, that got 70k views.
the views per hour have since dropped to ~10k per hour.

I just wanna keep things chill lol, someday ill go viral again im sure of it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
i have a end screen button leading to one of my game trailers, that got 70k views.
the views per hour have since dropped to ~10k per hour.

I just wanna keep things chill lol, someday ill go viral again im sure of it.
perhaps.. I mean I've never played that game but it looks like a win like that is freakin hard

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
perhaps.. I mean I've never played that game but it looks like a win like that is freakin hard

I actually did it twice, but didn't even think to record the first time.
The first time took me 2 tries.

Second time took me over an hour and lots of cursing lol but i just HAD TO MAKE THAT VIDEO.

HackVenture

Digital Marketer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Mar 11, 2011
Planet Earth
Awesome job man, that's a winning event after slogging through the process.

Don't just wait for Youtube to approve though, if you don't currently have ideas on how else to monetize, at least set up a Patreon account and have at least like a $1-$5/month month tier for people to support you to keep making more videos.

With 5k subscribers + patreon supporters this has high odds of being a nice money maker.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Awesome job man, that's a winning event after slogging through the process.

Don't just wait for Youtube to approve though, if you don't currently have ideas on how else to monetize, at least set up a Patreon account and have at least like a $1-$5/month month tier for people to support you to keep making more videos.

With 5k subscribers + patreon supporters this has high odds of being a nice money maker.

im not feelin patreon right now, i think 5k subs is wayyyyyyy too early.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
small update, so i finally got monetized.
the first 3 million views i got are sadly down the drain money wise but it is what it is, can't cry over something completely out of my control.

When the virality ended, i went down from 50,000+ views an hour to under a 1000 an hour.
But for the last few days it went up to about 3000+ an hour.

So i went from making 5$ on day 1, to 45$ on day 2, and 128$ on day 3.
If this continues i may break 1000$ by next week or something. That would be pretty cool lol.

Capture.png

I'm currently unemployed with only about 2500 bucks in savings and looking for some minimum wage labor work, so literally ANY extra money feels like a gift from the gods!

I'm actually kind of afraid of spending any of it cause i have no idea how the taxes will work, being an employee all my life this is all so new to me.
I'm afraid if I'll have to spend it all on bills and stuff and then find out I owe some taxes on it i can't pay or something.
But i also assume that if I end up earning so little that it all goes to bills, then my net income would be low overall and my tax burden would be low accordingly so it couldn't be that much hopefully.

Last edited:

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
soooooo!
small update on video.
It just broke 10 MILLION VIEWS LOL!

Since uploading that shit the channel has earned 7 GRAND! and im at 22k subs!
Capture.PNG

This shit has blew my mind, i may literally break 10k in savings for first time in my life thanks to this video lol

Never in my life would i have imagine some 2 minute video would result in such things.

Just when the virality died down to 15 buck a day, some famous youtuber with 14 million subs used my clip in his video on the game and that caused my video to go viral all over again lol.

Since my video is on the first page for any "paper.io" searches, its basically guaranteed to get a burst of views if anyone popular makes a video on the game lol

Pretty crazy stuff, definitely my first real success hustling on my own.

Will post again at 20 Mil haha

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
that’s great the video is making you money!
Have you got anything on the backend for it??

if u mean do i have a link to another video at the end of it, yup.

DrScream

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Oct 4, 2019
what about a product or something else you can sell on your website? Or an affiliate offer?
I'd avoid this just because it's his first viral video and you don't want to seem like you're fishing for $. Enjoy the growth and start producing more value-centered content is what I would do. It's ultimately up to you though so go test shit out and congrats man! That;s insane!

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
This whole thread screams process and scale, and I love it! Holy shit. Seeing those YouTube numbers, the millions of views, the ten thousands of subscribers, and the hundred thousand percentage rise in views, is such an awesome real life showcase of scale and what's possible, that it's just freakin awesome :)

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
2.5 mil views would be closer to 2000$ in revenue.

I wanted to post a video from an English guy talking about his earnings. He basically advised to use Amazon affiliate links, merch, and Patreon links to boost revenue as well. Sorry couldn't find him, this guy below is annoying as F*ck, but he does explain his ad revenue. Spoiler alert it's about $3000, roughly $3 per 1000 views.

Also it depends on genre, some will generate more ad revenue than others.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHgkiYep4kI

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
I was going to post my comment regarding to your first posts, but then I saw this:

soooooo!
small update on video.

View attachment 28110

This shit has blew my mind, i may literally break 10k in savings for first time in my life thanks to this video lol

Never in my life would i have imagine some 2 minute video would result in such things.

Just when the virality died down to 15 buck a day, some famous youtuber with 14 million subs used my clip in his video on the game and that caused my video to go viral all over again lol.

Since my video is on the first page for any "paper.io" searches, its basically guaranteed to get a burst of views if anyone popular makes a video on the game lol

Congrats for the massive improvement! :)

I agree with others, you've put the work (process) and now you are starting to get rewards (events). 100 videos is A LOT, I admire your persistence instead of giving up after the first 50. Noted.

BTW now you know better what works and what not, I can only see more hits like this one in the future ;) I'm very happy for you.

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
I watched the video. Well, its not about algorithm or lucky chance. Your game play technique really is very good and unique. People who are competing needed something like that. Hence your video went viral.

Now you can search for some other trending games, play and find some unique or gracious techniques to pull the WIN, Record and get Lucky every time!

You can ride the momentum buddy.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
BTW, @Roli gave me an idea. Here is one quite famous game dev youtuber in the indie game dev community who explains the money he makes on youtube and other things (spoiler: patreon, as other people have mentioned). The first few minutes are about youtube. Not sure it'll be useful for you, as it's a bit different niche (same industry though), but worth trying:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOeKHs7PSUo

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
soooooo!
small update on video.

View attachment 28110

Just saw this!

I'm giving you the highest of fives! Well done, keep riding that wave :cool:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
soooooo!
small update on video.

View attachment 28110

Wow. Congrats. I read the thread from the beginning.

I’m curious if you can piggyback off other people’s videos with huge view counts? How can your video become the top suggested video that automatically plays after theirs?
Marked notable at least. ( @MJ DeMarco )

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
what about a product or something else you can sell on your website? Or an affiliate offer?

The original purpose for the channel was to build an audience to then show my app game trailers to and get downloads.
I've seriously slacked off on app development but at least the youtube channel found a little success for now.

This whole thread screams process and scale, and I love it! Holy shit. Seeing those YouTube numbers, the millions of views, the ten thousands of subscribers, and the hundred thousand percentage rise in views, is such an awesome real life showcase of scale and what's possible, that it's just freakin awesome :)
Thanks, honestly i just forgot all about growth after few years and had zero expectations. I just tried to make gameplay videos to improve my editing skills and hope for the best.
Finally got lucky with one.

I was going to post my comment regarding to your first posts, but then I saw this:

Congrats for the massive improvement! :)

I agree with others, you've put the work (process) and now you are starting to get rewards (events). 100 videos is A LOT, I admire your persistence instead of giving up after the first 50. Noted.

BTW now you know better what works and what not, I can only see more hits like this one in the future ;) I'm very happy for you.

Persistence is key i guess, like in unscripted you gotta play the gumball machine.

I watched the video. Well, its not about algorithm or lucky chance. Your game play technique really is very good and unique. People who are competing needed something like that. Hence your video went viral.

Now you can search for some other trending games, play and find some unique or gracious techniques to pull the WIN, Record and get Lucky every time!

You can ride the momentum buddy.

I think the game paper.io 2 was sort of popular on google trends but i sure didn't check that before making the video. I was just randomly playing the game for fun and then it popped into my head to beat it the way i did in the video and when it actually frickin worked i was like "this would be a dope video" lol
i've been playing other io games, but man it takes MANY hours to create some good footage, ive had to play 8 hours nonstop for some of my newer videos lol

BTW, @Roli gave me an idea. Here is one quite famous game dev youtuber in the indie game dev community who explains the money he makes on youtube and other things (spoiler: patreon, as other people have mentioned). The first few minutes are about youtube. Not sure it'll be useful for you, as it's a bit different niche (same industry though), but worth trying:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOeKHs7PSUo
good video.
I make games too actually, and was thinking of making some tutorials maybe, we'll see.
Patreon though i wanna avoid cause i like the no pressure of making vids when i feel like it, instead of being obligated to my donaters.

Wow. Congrats. I read the thread from the beginning.

I’m curious if you can piggyback off other people’s videos with huge view counts? How can your video become the top suggested video that automatically plays after theirs?
Marked notable at least. ( @MJ DeMarco )

It does happen, in youtube analytics there's a whole page just for that info, i took screenshots for you.
Since youtube is owned by google you know they're gonna have some detailed analytics info.
The "Suggested Videos" traffic source are piggybacks off other peoples videos.
Capture1.PNG
Capture.PNG

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
I wanted to post a video from an English guy talking about his earnings. He basically advised to use Amazon affiliate links, merch, and Patreon links to boost revenue as well. Sorry couldn't find him, this guy below is annoying as F*ck, but he does explain his ad revenue. Spoiler alert it's about $3000, roughly $3 per 1000 views.

I'm seeing more people posting earning from YouTube despite the fact that there is a clause in YouTube Terms and Conditions that prohibits talking about how much a YouTuber makes from ad revenue (unless it has been removed, unlikely though).

People in the past have been wary of discussing it as their channel potentially could be shut down. However I guess they see others have openly discussed it and not got closed down (yet) so they have taken the risk themselves to improve their viewing figures.

The problem is these video earnings will vary enormously depending on who is posting them. It is not that they are lying, it's just that YouTube ad revenue varies greatly depending on the niche they are in. This makes a lot of sense if you think about it as the ads are targeted and there is less profit available targeting people interested in, say, recycling soda cans compared to people interested in learning to trade futures or invest in property.

I follow a couple of people in the UK cabinet making field (a fairly low ad revenue niche).

They both have similar YouTube channels, so I guess they started following each other, started up a dialogue and came up with the idea to start a podcast together where they just chat for an hour or so over skype (they live about 300 miles from each other).

Sounds boring and they didn't know if it had legs so took a gamble and committed to doing 10 'shows' last year. The response however was strong enough that they are into season 4 now.

They have Amazon links for most of the products they use and recommend. Patreon channels for both YouTube channels and the Podcast channel (they are now releasing a fortnightly Patreon only Podcast). They also have a small selection of merchandise, so basically everything you said. They also post regularly to Instagram and Twitter. On top of that they also have built up enough momentum to have a show sponsor which might not bring in lots of money but adds to the bottom line.

I came across both when they were running at less than 10k subscribers and it has been interesting watching their progress over a couple of year or so.

They only have 100k followers between them (split 60/40) but the one is now about to go full time on YouTube (60k followers). The other is reducing the amount of paid work he does.

Neither is making a fortune but having the diversity has helped create multiple income streams. That diversification has also created a larger internet footprint which has got them noticed more so now they are becoming minor celeb's in their field. Being invited to invitation only events here and abroad. Asked to do radio spots etc. which all helps improve the footprint further which adds to the momentum and so bottom line.

It's like building with Lego.

@luniac Congratulations. You are in a very popular niche so hopefully there is still plenty of mileage to come from it. I watched your video and found it strangely hypnotic (even though I don't get the fascination of the game itself).

I'd really be looking at ways to capitalise off it to maximise on building your audience. A YouTube audience is very much like an email list in as much as the bigger the list the more revenue you get back when you feed it content.

I'd certainly pin a call to action at the top asking people to subscribe. I take it you can't edit the video to add a call to action at the end?

Look forward to seeing you hit new heights.

liero1

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
306%
Oct 17, 2019
You could at least put some affili link in the description, amazon affili link to the game or whatever?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.