The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

One Month, One Hundred People

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Lunarfoxel

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
560%
Nov 14, 2017
ZA
I don't even know where to begin.

One month ago, I was trying to figure out a way to start providing massive value for many people. To give freely and make the world a little bit better for them, somehow there had to be a way (if you haven't read The Go-Giver yet, you should, I highly recommend it)
Somehow there had to be a way to start something that made C.E.N.T.S, and I have officially found a way to do it.

After asking a certain community if they would like a game developed, many hundreds of people responded with a 100% YES.

It was one of the most amazing feelings on Earth, to know that lots of people really wanted what I could provide for them. So I started right away, creating the game environment and building a community of beta testers and a strong community around it. It's just one month later, and there are 100 people already in my game's community, providing valuable feedback, testing the game to find bugs, and two early releases of the game out. They are loving it, and so am I.

I am working day and night on it, staying up late at night and working as hard as possible.
Constantly reminding myself of how MJ built his website, struggling, finding solutions to the problems, and relentlessly improving it until all of a sudden he found himself in the Fastlane.

Why did I choose to develop a game? Well:

Control: I have full and total control over the entire process of development
Entry: If you haven't tried before, game development is extremely difficult
Need: If a huge amount of people tell you YES, you're on the right track
Time: Once this game is running smoothly, it does not require my time to function
Scale: Games are not bound physically anymore and can be distributed to millions of people

Another method I am using is from the Stanford's How To Start A Startup course (absolutely brilliant material, so much valuable content and highly recommended: link ) in which the most successful startups share a common trait. You start with a small amount of people who love your product, not a large amount of people who like your product. From there on you scale up, and you will very quickly build a successful enterprise.

Also, the game has a subscription based feature in it, which means that it will continue to generate revenue every month. People are already starting to crowd fund the game, which is unbelievable. I wanted to share this with everyone and to start a progress thread giving updates on how far I get with my journey.

Thank you so much for reading, and good luck for all your ventures in 2018!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fab89

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Dec 30, 2017
Uk
With Control you need to think of what platforms you will distribute on. If your game in on Steam or an app store then you don't have much control over it. Terms could change pretty fast. It would be better if you could sell the game directly on your own site but people are less willing to do that.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.