The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

One Doctor's Journey

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
You know this is really something. While your project didn't turn out as you expected, you kinda ended with a Fastlane result... a nice lump sum and a potential for big things later, even residuals. I think that's a win, not to mention everything you learned.

Strong play. Glad to have you here with us as I look forward to hearing about your next run.
Ah, thanks man. I appreciate the words. They mean a lot.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
* Ideas are worthless. It's the execution that matters.
* Most people aren't willing to execute.
* That until you have SALES then you have no idea if the Market thinks that your product is as rad as you do.
* It's ridiculous to give a six figure (or more) value to a company that has never made a sale! (Thanks, Kevin O'Leary!)
* You shall know a Wantrapreneur by the obsession with setting up a MailBox, a Website, filing DBAs and LLCs, and wondering What Color Ferrari he should purchase?
* That you can die from analysis paralysis
* That all the hot air in the world cannot replace ACTION!
What a learning!

... and to come out with cash in your pocket?

... AND at peace ??

Sounds like a right result sir. Well done!

Last edited by a moderator:

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
So I've been asked to start a Society of Physician Entrepreneur group in my home city.

Pros:
- Connections to local entrepreneurs
- Possible connections to local investors/venture capital when the time is right.
- Would raise my profile significantly in the local environment, which might get me an audience for my next tech gig
- Would (most likely) learn a LOT about the local tech scene and perhaps speed my next go-round.
- Might get access to excellent talent...

Cons:
- Might suck up a LOT of time that should be devoted to doing the business stuff. (really my only worry)

Hooked

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jan 11, 2013
Congrats on getting out successfully! Even if it wasn't the original path it sounds like you're in a way better position to move forward now. Great lessons in there.

Starting that group sounds like a pretty exciting opportunity, I'd bet the benefits of that network alone easily outweigh the time consumption.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.