The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Once you're aware of the gorilla, it's easy to spot...

Anything related to matters of the mind

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
MODERATOR NOTE: This puzzle story has been extracted from the Random Thoughts chat thread.

I was doing this 1000 pieces puzzle of the earth. And like any puzzle you start with the edges first. So that's what I did. I found most of the edge pieces within the first 2 hours. But I was missing 3. My friend and I went through all the remaining 800 pieces at least 2 times each. We got no where in the next 2 hours. Both of us could not find the missing 3 pieces. In fact, I went to the puzzle website and was about to accuse them of sending me an incomplete puzzle.

However, deep down I knew that the chances of a puzzle missing 3 edge pieces was very unlikely. So again, I went through all the pieces and again I didn't find them. I went to sleep.

The next day, I started searching again and all of a sudden, I found one of the missing 3.

66275994425__8A29B180-E5C0-4ED3-B7DC-64B89FF07718.JPG

Within 2 minutes I found the other 2. Notice anything in common with them?

66276001265__74F89BA4-5150-469A-968D-48757BD152CF.JPG66276013053__004EA505-D8F1-4268-BC6F-6CD0B826BE8A.JPG

Yes, they are all the exact same shape. For some reason we were looking for one of the more common edge pieces that had a longer edge. My friend and I were both looking for a certain shape and I'm sure we tossed these pieces aside because they didn't fit our mental image of an edge piece.

The interesting thing is that as soon as I found the first one. I started looking for only that shape and in a crowd of over 800 pieces, I found the only two remaining pieces of that shape within 2 minutes.

Isn't it funny how your brain works. You are blind to things until you see them, then you see them so clearly!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
I was doing this 1000 pieces puzzle of the earth. And like any puzzle you start with the edges first. So that's what I did. I found most of the edge pieces within the first 2 hours. But I was missing 3. My friend and I went through all the remaining 800 pieces at least 2 times each. We got no where in the next 2 hours. Both of us could not find the missing 3 pieces. In fact, I went to the puzzle website and was about to accuse them of sending me an incomplete puzzle.

However, deep down I knew that the chances of a puzzle missing 3 edge pieces was very unlikely. So again, I went through all the pieces and again I didn't find them. I went to sleep.

The next day, I started searching again and all of a sudden, I found one of the missing 3.

View attachment 41430

Within 2 minutes I found the other 2. Notice anything in common with them?

View attachment 41431View attachment 41432

Yes, they are all the exact same shape. For some reason we were looking for one of the more common edge pieces that had a longer edge. My friend and I were both looking for a certain shape and I'm sure we tossed these pieces aside because they didn't fit our mental image of an edge piece.

The interesting thing is that as soon as I found the first one. I started looking for only that shape and in a crowd of over 800 pieces, I found the only two remaining pieces of that shape within 2 minutes.

Isn't it funny how your brain works. You are blind to things until you see them, then you see them so clearly!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGQmdoK_ZfY

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
That is exactly why you should not ride a motorbike on the road.

People are looking for cars, they can look straight at you, not see you, and pull out in front of you.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
That is exactly why you should not ride a motorbike on the road.

People are looking for cars, they can look straight at you, not see you, and pull out in front of you.
And when riding a motorbike you don't look at the ditch, you look for the exit of the bend.

The brain is amazing.

Great post @biophase

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

In the same light, once you're aware of the Gorilla when it comes to media/entertainment propaganda and subconscious cognitive programming, it becomes easy to spot, as obvious as the dancing gorilla.

Case in point: Netflix's supposed satirical comedy "Don't Look Up" which is just a huge smorgasbord of cognitive programming and subconscious framing ... from climate change is as threatening to the planet as an apocalyptic comet, to gun owners are redneck imbeciles, to billionaire entrepreneurs only care about profit and not the planet, and of course, government incompetence employs nepotism, wears red (optimally red hats) and hosts well attended rallies.

Of course, few people see the gorilla. Watching people being entertained by a mass hypnosis operation is not funny ... and it's on par with Nazi propaganda portraying Jews as greedy inhumane vermin in their films... and we know how all that turned out.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
it's on par with Nazi propaganda portraying Jews as greedy inhumane vermin in their films

Interesting enough now a days, you aren't allowed to draw this comparison without being called overly dramatic or insensitive.

A lot of the times comparing modern actions to 1930's Germany is overzealous, but now people are trying to reserve this comparison only for certain groups.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Interesting enough now a days, you aren't allowed to draw this comparison without being called overly dramatic or insensitive.

A lot of the times comparing modern actions to 1930's Germany is overzealous, but now people are trying to reserve this comparison only for certain groups.
The interesting thing is how the past decade changed things in Germany.

My generation learned what we need to be aware of to learn from past mistakes.
  • Prevent censorship
  • Don't dehumanize people
  • We need to tolerate other opinions
  • Everything needs an opposition, so media has to be critical and even play devil's advocate sometimes
Over the past few years this message has deteriorated towards: punch a nazi and you are golden!
Witch hunts are popular again. (Querficker? Republican? Anything goes ...)

moird

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Dec 28, 2021
and it's on par with Nazi propaganda portraying Jews as greedy inhumane vermin in their films... and we know how all that turned out.
It would be worth checking out some soviet union propaganda from that time.
Also neat thing that generally is washed over is the Lend-lease act of 1941 along with the Eisenhower death camps.
In the same light, once you're aware of the Gorilla when it comes to media/entertainment propaganda and subconscious cognitive programming, it becomes easy to spot, as obvious as the dancing gorilla.
I myself have increasingly found it difficult to even watch any movies and tv shows due to this.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Off topic reply… puzzles are fun they said… this is Day 7. I don’t know how many hours I’ve invested into this puzzle! As you can see, not many graphics to go on. Lol

4D851A45-504F-45F6-BF2C-FC19F0E62242.jpeg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.