The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Once you quit social media, what did you start using to 'stay current'?

Anything related to matters of the mind

liam_hughes_85

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jan 7, 2022
What are some good resources to try and be aware of trends/shifts/new happenings like that? (Not talking about national/world politics)

Share your secrets, quitting social media feels like having an evil spell broken and now I don't know where to look to get a feel for this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

marble

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Apr 11, 2023
You don't have to quit social media, you just need to stop mindlessly scrolling for the constant entertainment and dopamine intake. Most people quit social media because it just makes it significantly easier to stop the addiction. If you aren't addicted to it, and can go about your business without the need to open Instagram and start scrolling whenever there is nothing to do, then feel free to use it to stay "updated". Just don't fall into the cycle again.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
What are some good resources to try and be aware of trends/shifts/new happenings like that? (Not talking about national/world politics)

Share your secrets, quitting social media feels like having an evil spell broken and now I don't know where to look to get a feel for this.
I read the daily upside newsletter, which covers most relevant finance news and I used to listen to the "markets daily" by coindesk/whatever they were called. Don't need more than that.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States

I read a few weekly newsletters about things I am interested in and want to stay on top of. (DTC paid traffic, AI, micromobility, 2 or 3 publications specific to the industry I'm in).

I read one 5-min summary of the previous days national/world news headlines.

I listen to 2 or 3 podcasts a week.

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022
Half an hour each week browsing magazines and newspapers at a shop, news stand or the library goes a LONG way for staying current on pretty much anything while avoiding social media entirely. Yep, dead tree printing still exists.:smile:

liam_hughes_85

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jan 7, 2022
Do you have a specific reason to "stay current" or do you just feel like you need to?
I work about 60 hours a week in a trade, I don't do much social stuff because of that and because I spend almost all of my free time learning skills, reading and researching/exploring opportunities & ideas.

So I genuinely feel like I live under a rock to some extent. I find that my thought process in terms of worldview for problem solving/value creation feels extremely behind the times for someone in their mid 20s.

NathanN

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jul 27, 2022
Vancouver, B.C.
You don't have to quit social media, you just need to stop mindlessly scrolling for the constant entertainment and dopamine intake. Most people quit social media because it just makes it significantly easier to stop the addiction. If you aren't addicted to it, and can go about your business without the need to open Instagram and start scrolling whenever there is nothing to do, then feel free to use it to stay "updated". Just don't fall into the cycle again.
I totally agree. I find myself once you have a clear goal in mind and are working towards that, whether the goal is business or other things and aspects in life, social media becomes irrelevant, and going on your phone/scrolling tik tok or Instagram isn't amusing at all or even a thought. Of course for alot of businesses now days you have to use a bit of social media, so use it to your advantage

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.